PDA

View Full Version : WHAT TRACKS FAVOR SPEED

orrug2k
08-05-2007, 05:28 PM
IM TRYING TO REMOVE TRACKS FROM MY MENU THAT DO NOT FAVOR SPEED.. I HAVE SOME GUESSES BUT WOULD LIKE INPUT. I THINK MTN IS FAIRLY BAD AND ALL POLY. WHICH TRACKS WOULD YOU EXCLUDE OR INCLUDE.

Valuist
08-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Avoid the synthetic tracks.

Tracks that still favor speed that are currently running: Monmouth and Ellis come to mind. I haven't seen a whole lot of LaD but it usually seems to. Cby did last year but seems to be more fair this year. I've been playing EvD and CT a bit and they are less speed favoring than I originally anticipated. The inner dirt at Aqu for the winter definitely comes to mind as a speed favoring track, as is Gulfstream.

cj
08-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Del, BM, Suf, AsD, Pen, FP, RD, Haw, EmD, Yav.

orrug2k
08-06-2007, 12:27 AM
same

Robert Fischer
08-06-2007, 01:38 AM
go here http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/full_edition.cgi?source=bhc#

scroll down to "AT A GLANCES" on the left section. Each track will show you some information as far as running style types and %wire and avg payoff

jotb
08-06-2007, 08:07 AM
same

Tim and Med are speed favoring tracks.

chickenhead
08-06-2007, 11:26 AM
CA fair tracks

dutchboy
08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
What track is MTN? It is very simple to find out which tracks favor speed and which ones do not. It would take 15-30 minutes to do.

IM TRYING TO REMOVE TRACKS FROM MY MENU THAT DO NOT FAVOR SPEED.. I HAVE SOME GUESSES BUT WOULD LIKE INPUT. I THINK MTN IS FAIRLY BAD AND ALL POLY. WHICH TRACKS WOULD YOU EXCLUDE OR INCLUDE.

Good4Now
08-06-2007, 10:00 PM
at theses WAX tracks. At AP on Sunday, for the second time in as many weeks, they had significant rain either during the night or in the morning before racing and the Synth was definitely different.

If 6 turned out to be 9 I wouldn't mind

orrug2k
08-06-2007, 10:03 PM
mnr

JimmyQ
08-07-2007, 01:05 AM
I disagree that Arlington Park isn't still a speed favoring track...their poly seems to be playing fast on the front end..I saw many "robust" opening 1/4 miles in 22 seconds where the front end horse was able to wire the field despite a "high octane" pace:) By the way those are track announcer John Dooley's signature phrases....but in all seriousness as the weather warms up in chicago front end speed seems to be holding

JimmyQ

Stevie Belmont
08-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Monmouth can have very speed favoring days and when it's sloppy look out, as well as The Big A's inner in the winter.

Monmouth in general plays well to speed, some days the bias is really evident. I play it to my advantage.

Ray
08-07-2007, 09:38 AM
GOlden Gate and Bay Meadows are but that wll change as the surface changes better get as much out of Bay meadows before they go out of bizness.

Robert Fischer
08-07-2007, 01:09 PM
I disagree that Arlington Park isn't still a speed favoring track...their poly seems to be playing fast on the front end..I saw many "robust" opening 1/4 miles in 22 seconds where the front end horse was able to wire the field despite a "high octane" pace:) By the way those are track announcer John Dooley's signature phrases....but in all seriousness as the weather warms up in chicago front end speed seems to be holding

JimmyQ

my observation at Arlington and other AWT courses, has been that it is more horse specific (pedigree,conformation,hooves,other factors?) than a general statement about being speed favoring or closer-friendly..

Especially when looking at 6 and 6.5 distances.
If the horse has won wire to wire at Kee or Arlington on his recent form, thne that particular horse may do it again today.
Maybe Mojica rode him last time and he barely quit, while today the horse has a decent jockey. - You have to know things about the jockeys there and know for example Mojica has no sense of pace and is a terrible front-end jockey who never lasts. The jockeys at Arlington make a huge difference.
So anyway the horse wired the field going 6.5 on the similar Keeneland track and todays race looks a little up in class, he looks cheap but you know this particular horse could easily wire the field today.
The specific animals who have that ability - if it is because of their pedigree or hoove confimation or whatever, - we know they can wire a field over the Kee or Arlington poly - they have a huge advantage over even a very fast dirt horse who may have done well in some classy races over on dirt. Some of the faster dirt horses are going to quit on the same track. It is horse specific as well as sorting out the jokes from the jockeys.