PDA

View Full Version : Today's card at Saratoga

cees with dees
08-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Is one of the most difficult from a handicapping standpoint than I've seen in some time.
Alot of people like cards like this and call them "good betting races". Me, I don't like to wager when I have to do alot of guesswork so unless scratches help tremendously, looks like this could be a day off to get some sun and watching the races in between of course.
The most solid play on this card I think is the first race.
Although the first is for 3 and up, all are 3 year olds so that becomes an issue for those who have been running against restricted 3's.
Sumwonlovesyou should go down the road but has shown he can sit second if Neil Howards horse is on the engine from the outside but Howard has the tendancy to order rating when stretching horses out so the 3 may be very loose and tough as nails if she is.
She may be as short as 2-1 though and am I willing to take that short a price when the track could possibly be playing unkindly to speed???
The second race are the babies and I never get involved.
The third is loaded with talent and loaded with different possible pace scenarios. Normally I like a horse like Upscale Storm, a horse with good speed who will be first time mud calks but City Bird has the rail and Russian Gypsy is also fast and is getting a monstrous trainer change (in my opinion) so again, a tough play. Hoping for a three or four wide speed duel and finishing an even, unabused fifth so I can bet her stretching to 7 as the only speed. From my lips to Gods ears.
Fernando Runs It is definitely talented and a likely short price in the fourth but here is yet another scenario that is license for trouble.
Eibar Coa is one of many high win % riders that I don't like. This is one of the reasons. When he's on a speed horse from the rail, he many more times than not is off slow and rushing up, then checking and coming around outside. This one may be good enough to over come that but do I want to bet on that especially when the trainer is Mark Shuman?? No way. The fifth needs no intro. And won't bore you with more on the rest of this very tough card.
One thing I will tell you is, if you can map out some pick 3's and pick 4's and happen to hit one of them, you should be rewarded nicely with the nature of these competitive races.
Good luck to all and please add some opinions on the pick 4 races to this thread. I'm looking to put together a small play on one or maybe both.
Thanks and have a great day.
Ben

samyn on the green
08-05-2007, 09:54 AM
R7
Leaving off the calder horse is a mistake, she has never run against
NYB's and why not let her prove she is a pig up her before we toss
her. Contessa should be used to, the outside post is good here and
this one has closed before.

Race 8
I'm cool with 2,4,5 in race 8. Take the maiden race off Winstrella and the form looks ordinary. However maybe he needed to try 2 turns once before her wins, using the chalk defensively.

Race 9
Maybe I'm stretching for an opinion and leaning on my own thoughts but
I would like to single Fishy Advice here. It is a hard sequence and I have to go with a pet angle that has been wonderful at times and a bitch at other times. Turf horse like the fish adore distance
and cutbacks from 11 to 8.5 furlongs. I think this one classes up with this bunch and will be the one of the speeds that has the most gas left. Just hope he can hold off the closersso I am alive for 4 or 5 digits come race 10.

Race 10
1,2,3 is OK in race 10. However leaving Kenta Kun off is a mistake.
Check out the work on 25JUL, and he did beat better at the distance
last year. Would sweeten the return if he scored. make dat
1,2,3,7,9 What about Elizabul? ML caulk should be looked at closer
as we could get this far only to have a knife driven through our
hearts. Leaving him in at this point.

3,4,7,9/2,4,5/6/1,2,3,7,9 = $60

Boris
08-05-2007, 11:08 AM
While SAR is not my specialty, I've got a cheap ticket for the early Pick 4. I'll spare you the details so as not to mislead anyone.

R2 - 1,2
R3 - 7
R4 - 2,5
R5 - 3,5,7

Good Luck

nobeyerspls
08-05-2007, 11:33 AM
1st - Shoe Babe and Inside Passage with Smart Bunny under in the tri.
2nd - I'll start the picks with the 1 & the 2 but no other bets.
3rd - Russian Gypsy/Striking Tomisue exacta box. Pick3 with them.
4th - #s 2,5,6, & 8 in the pick4, no other bets.
5th - Dose of Reality win/place and single in the pick4.

Looks like an $80 investment for the day - $40 for the picks and about that much in total for races 1,3, and 5.

098poi
08-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Yesterday my addition to your P4 only hit one so today I must go deeper. I am out of the contest but this may keep my interest. 3 deep in each leg, 162$ ticket for each P4

2) 1 2 3
3) 2 4 6
4) 5 6 8
5) 2 5 7

7) 2 3 7
8) 1 3 6
9) 2 5 10
10) 1 3 7

Skanoochies
08-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Cees with Dees?

Where do you find the mud caulk information for tracks please? :confused:

Thanks,

cees with dees
08-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I keep my own records in NY only.
The track program called the post parade also lists a small c where they list other equipment like blinkers.
We're up to the fourth race and since I thought the 1 woule be the favorite and he's 8-1, even with Coa, I think I should bet him. Also betting the 4 to win as well.
This one was running well for Schosberg when he was cold as ice, now his whole barn is going well so I'll take 4-1 on my homemade entry.
Win 1 and 4.
Thanks Samyn for you input. Helpful as usual.
Ben

098poi
08-05-2007, 06:10 PM
2) 1 2 3 LOST
3) 2 4 6 #2 won $4.80
4) 5 6 8 #6 won $28.00
5) 2 5 7 LOST

7) 2 3 7 #7 won $11.20
8) 1 3 6 #6 won $8.30
9) 2 5 10 #5 won $8.70
10) 1 3 7 LOST THE PICK 4!!!!!!

Oh well, maybe next time!!