PDA

View Full Version : Queen of Protocol

the_fat_man
08-04-2007, 09:38 PM
This Donk 2nd time starter is stretching out to 8.5F on the turf tomorrow, race 5, SAR

It's a NY BRED maiden affair and there are a ton of 1st time starters in the race (including an entry by Pletcher and Donk).

I typically have no (betting) interest in races of this sort (too many 1sters and don't typically care for horses stretching from sprint to route on the turf) but it need be pointed out that

QOP put in a decent effort 1st out against a runaway Pletcher 1ster in OPEN maiden company: broke out and bumped hard with the horse to her outside, raced wide throughout, couldn't run with the winner in the lane but was able to pass two for 2nd, late. Nothing spectacular but what's in this race?

I'm sure they know in Pletcher's barn how much better Sea Canter (that winner) is than the two they've entered tomorrow.

In any event, this one figures to be 2nd choice, which might make her too low for a play.

Does this kind of handicapping work? :lol:

the_fat_man
08-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Here are some more (serious) ones:

R 6

As Do I ---outkicked Jessie's Justice in the lane last out --cutting back
--hate the jock --- need something decent in the way of price

Odetta One --needed her last out --ROJAS OFF, so use a (very) little bit

Race 7

Mother Cat --probably wins last out with a JOCK ---huge JOCK change
--will sit a trip in race that figures to have some speed

Longingfortheone --- last year's 1st out against Precious Too, when she
ran very well late, puts her right there in race that might
come back ---Kent's killed me so far this meet with a couple of RIDICULOUS rides

Race 8

Helsinki ---overmatched last out --gets 2 turns and blinkers --now or
never

Race 10

S. S. Crafty ---nice race against Thunderestimate where he was
constantly under pressure ---pop at a price

Robert Fischer
08-05-2007, 11:11 PM
she got third. Payed 3 something. I almost used this one in some show bets today, I ended up sticking with silver Tree at SAR and Twilight Meteor at woodbine as my only 2.
I think the Sherine horse won the race, i remember looking at her pedigree, that race was just full of question marks, haven't even looked at her replay to see if QOP is a bet back.