PDA

View Full Version : It's Hambletonian Day!!!

billrock
08-04-2007, 06:55 AM
My pick is Pampered Princess with Tim Tetrick. Good Luck All!

melman
08-04-2007, 08:33 AM
The Hambo is on national TV with coverage by NBC starting at 3:30. I just cannot attempt to beat the fav in this one. Donato Hanover has just looked like a great one with Mr Pierce never asking for the "go" button. Also Donato has a great looking female caretaker who I would like to view in the winners circle after the race. :) She could be my caretaker anytime. :jump:

The Judge
08-04-2007, 09:19 AM
from a pacer but I wiil watch this race. Hope its a good one.

GaryG
08-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Harness racing just doesn't seem the same in the big city. Goshen and Du Quoin were better. Glad they still run the LBJ at Delaware.

Zman179
08-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I used to go to The Meadowlands every year for the Hambletonian because it was a special event. A horse had to win two heats; sometimes there was a third heat race-off. I was there for the unforgettable dead heat between Park Avenue Joe and Probe. That was special! I used to look forward to the first Saturday in August in the wintertime!

Now, it's some ho-hum ordinary race that gives away a bunch of money. The Hambleonian Society watered down the race and took what made it special away. Today, I didn't even bother looking at the past performances for the race let alone bet on it.

Though Melman should be happy for the additional eye candy. :jump: