PDA

View Full Version : Looking back a few years

Dick Schmidt
08-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Though this isn't exactly unbiased, it is a compendium of quotes without comment. Times change and politicians wiggle.

Dick

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv (http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv)

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-- John Stewart Mill

46zilzal
08-03-2007, 06:02 PM
great 1870's philosophy.

Dave Schwartz
08-03-2007, 06:36 PM

I am sure they said something similar in 1870. ("Great philosphy for the 1770's.")

Dave Schwartz

bigmack
08-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, Shakespeare is so 1580's and has little credence in 2007. :rolleyes:

I think those that feel there is nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety felt the sting of the miserable creature line and feel compelled to dismiss all thoughts from days gone by.

PaceAdvantage
08-04-2007, 02:31 AM
great 1870's philosophy.

Like I said before....you are a strange dude. Instead of commenting on the compelling video link Dick posted, you choose to comment on the Mill quote....wow....

Dick, thanks for the video link. We all need a good reminder every now and then exactly how hard it is for Democrats to stand behind their words for more than 2 seconds, and how easy it is for them to change their opinions as often as they change their underwear...just as long as those opinions conform to what DailyKOS and Soros think they should.

The Judge
08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Is there any hope. Can any polictican be trusted with the affairs of state? How did things get so bad? When did these positions of trust become just "jobs".

Its truely a sad state its a one party system.

cratman
08-04-2007, 10:11 AM
After watching them up close for a number of years, I now think that the parties are more similar than they are different. However, that said, it seems that there has been a decline in civiity and more of a win at all costs mentality by both parties.

Cratman

JustRalph
08-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I posted the same video before and the regular Dem Troops just sat on their hands and the thread died a slow death. They can't stand to be confronted with the truth..........this belies their entire strategy over the last 6 years.........god forbid the word get out.................

46zilzal
08-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Like I said before....you are a strange dude. Instead of commenting on the compelling video link Dick posted, you choose to comment on the Mill quote....wow..

Compelling video?

The Mill quote is that same flag waving garbage that the people who are never at risk promote on the poor slobs that have to fight it. In the 1800's, when that quote was made., the weapons available would not have as far reaching results as contemporary ones.

lsbets
08-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Compelling video?

The Mill quote is that same flag waving garbage that the people who are never at risk promote on the poor slobs that have to fight it.

Perhaps if you said:

The Mill quote is the same truth that the people who would never have the courage to put themselves at risk for anything hide from. They belittle such truths as flag waving garbage as they look down their noses at the guys who aren't afraid to get dirty fighting for what they believe in. When those sad fellows who lack the courage to stand behind their beliefs look in the mirror, they are ashamed of what they see, but instead of dealing with the truth of their deficiencies, they turn their feelings outward toward those who are clearly, and demonstrably, better men than they could ever hope to be.

That would be a much more accurate response than your typical condescending, clueless garbage. You really are a miserable, cowardly fool, aren't you?

46zilzal
08-04-2007, 12:12 PM
People defend differing ideas. Your fight is not the next fellows. One cannot make a blanket statement about what is worthy of that defense just because one doesn't come a'running when some idiot promotes a conflict (and wants YOU to put your ass on the line instead of any of his family) that has NOTHING to do with reality. Take Vietnam, and this stupid Iraq conflict as two shining examples. Some people choose their battles and are not automotons.

lsbets
08-04-2007, 12:21 PM
People defend differing ideas. Your fight is not the next fellows. One cannot make a blanket statement about what is worthy of that defense just because one doesn't come a'running when some idiot promotes a conflict (and wants YOU to put your ass on the line instead of any of his family) that has NOTHING to do with reality. Take Vietnam, and this stupid Iraq conflict as two shining examples. Some people choose their battles and are not automotons.

The blanket statement Timmy, is that you would not have the courage to defend any idea, not one in particular - anything at all.

I know, I know you've said it before - you're 6 foot 3 and you once took a black woman to lunch, so that proves you're an imposing man of courage. :lol: :lol:

46zilzal
08-04-2007, 12:23 PM
The blanket statement Timmy, is that you would not have the courage to defend any idea, not one in particular - anything at all.

My goodness you should open a Tarot card reading salon. Only problem is that you have no idea what you are talking about as the amateur psychologist. I have proposed and referenced many a point here. Defended it.

This stupid war for example. The incompetence of the running of it, the rutabaga's inability to run a country or talk for that matter, the out of control pharmaceutical industry as well at the ridiculous HMO system amongst others like the stupidity of intelligent design on and on.

lsbets
08-04-2007, 12:35 PM
That Mill quote really cuts deep with you, doesn't it Timmy. Knowing that if the veil of anonymity were lifted you would not stand up for anything. Knwing that if someone said "boo" you would curl up and cry like a baby. Realizing that you are that miserable creature referenced in the quote.

46zilzal
08-04-2007, 12:39 PM
That Mill quote really cuts deep with you, doesn't it Timmy. Knowing that if the veil of anonymity were lifted you would not stand up for anything. Knowing that if someone said "boo" you would curl up and cry like a baby. Realizing that you are that miserable creature referenced in the quote.
I simply disagree with it. All this embellishment and characterization of someone you have never met is your creation.

Tom
08-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Ah, but he is not alone in his assement.
You are Gollum, without the backbone. :lol:

Funny, ls, I though of 46 hiding out in Canada when I saw that quote.

lsbets
08-04-2007, 12:49 PM
No, you did not simply disagree with it. You chose to voice your opinion about the quote by referencing those in the military as "poor slobs" and then in your next post as "automatons". That is an ongoing theme of yours. And now you are backing down when challenged, saying you simply disagree with it. How does it feel to be a miserable creature?

46zilzal
08-04-2007, 01:13 PM
All my younger days were spent with and around military. There was large base in our town and as a child I saw fight after fight (right on the street) between these clowns who could "never" turn off the fight mode. My friends coming back from Vietnam were never the same and many started getting into fights with their families and friends on their return.

My father was an expert on the U.S. Cavalry and our house was full of military and ex-military all the time spouting this same bull shit. We used to spend weekends going to military outposts, museums, parades, libraries, etc. researching military history. The bozos could never leave their agenda alone and, when I was in high school, started to grill me on the military trying to instill this macho fight crap into my head while many of my friends were coming home without limbs or never coming home at all. We lost 7 in my high school class.

I studied history well both in school and with my father and found that the majority of "fights" were nothing more than fat cats wanting something without fighting for it themselves using the cannon fodder of patriotic, though naive people as surrogates. Then there were the many "trumped up" fights like the Spanish American war, Vietnam and this bogus noise today in Iraq.

The clowns behind the attacks are STILL sitting in the hills of Afghanistan all these years later right were they were from the start. Rummy says "But there are no good targets in Afghanistan!" Only the guys behind the entire thing!

When there is that much stupidity in government, REPEATED OVER AND OVER, one must take a stand against promoting any more of it.

One of the nicest guys one would ever want to meet is up on the WALL in Washington. Rodger Fortune.....a great basketball player who never saw his 24th birthday.

46zilzal
08-04-2007, 01:25 PM
http://thewall-usa.com/info.asp?recid=16782

What a waste of a life. Never reached his 22nd birthday.

46zilzal
08-04-2007, 01:46 PM
The same HOT HEADS were thankfully negated in the early 60's when a negotiated settlement diffused the Cuban crisis.

No lives lost, situation reversed.

Light
08-04-2007, 01:47 PM
War is a cowardly escape from the problems of Peace... Thomas Mann

Light
08-04-2007, 01:50 PM
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice...Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of- country stance - how violently I hate all this; how despicable and ignoble war is...I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." --Albert Einstein

Light
08-04-2007, 01:56 PM
They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.

- Ernest Hemmingway

Light
08-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Naturally, the common people don't want war ... but after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.

- Hermann Goering

Light
08-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Violence is the first refuge of the incompetent

- Issac Asimov

Light
08-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Hate the sin, love the sinner... Ghandi

Tom
08-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Tell it to mohhamed's boys - they are the ones doing all the killing and terror attakcs word-wide.

hcap
08-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Perhaps if you said:

The Mill quote is the same truth that the people who would never have the courage to put themselves at risk for anything hide from. They belittle such truths as flag waving garbage as they look down their noses at the guys who aren't afraid to get dirty fighting for what they believe in. When those sad fellows who lack the courage to stand behind their beliefs look in the mirror, they are ashamed of what they see, but instead of dealing with the truth of their deficiencies, they turn their feelings outward toward those who are clearly, and demonstrably, better men than they could ever hope to be.

That would be a much more accurate response than your typical condescending, clueless garbage. You really are a miserable, cowardly fool, aren't you?You have gotten worse. Your inability to recognize the hollowness of this war, and the lies that brought us into this quagmire ( -hey remember when we told you QUAGMIRE and you called us names over that? ) have clouded your reason. Like a drowning man going down for the 3rd time you are grabbing air, and insulting others who refuse to drown with you.

You know nothing of the personal lives of those that oppose your views yet you are as sanctimonious as our friend Boxcar. No, not a true believer in assumed religious certainties, but a true believer nevertheless.

Not all wars are the same. WWII had real threats worth fighting. All wars are not always WWII. Bush is not Churchill. All the rest of us are not Neville Chamberlain. The "gathering storm" analogy is inappropriate modern catapulted propaganda.

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire, War

" The terrorist is the one with the small bomb"
– Brendan Behan

"The ability and inclination to use physical strength is no indication of bravery or tenacity to life. The greatest cowards are often the greatest bullies. Nothing is cheaper and more common than physical bravery."
-Clarence Darrow, Resist Not Evil

lsbets
08-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Ah, Hcap, methinks you recognize the miserable creature in yourself as well. I certainly see it in you.

hcap
08-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Dr Freud, all psychiatrists must undergo analysis themselves before practicing.
When you hung out your shingle did it say "home schooling"??

"Methinks" proves your sanctimonious judgmental side. That's definitely a Boxcar usage

JustRalph
08-04-2007, 04:53 PM
An Einstein quote on the folly of war? Amazing.........coming from a man who fled the Nazi's in 1932.

He spoke that bullshit on the back of thousands of dead americans who refused to "flee the nazi's" Therein lies the real absurdity and your quote of it

Dick Schmidt
08-04-2007, 05:36 PM
This thread has taken a very strange turn. Everyone is discussing my tag line quote, no one the video I posted about. I keep a large Word file where I put quotes whenever I encounter one that strikes my fancy. When I post, I dip into the file and copy/paste the first one that seems even a bit on topic. I could just as easily used any one of these, but then what would people have used to deflect thought away from the posted topic?

Dick

"One may speak of peace only with those who are peaceful. To talk peace with he who holds a drawn sword is foolish, unless one is unarmed, and then one must talk very fast indeed." - Louis L'Amour

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy' while you're looking for a rock" Will Rogers

"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."
- L. Neil Smith, The Probability Broach

“As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure"
--Jacques Chirac, President of France.
"As far as France is concerned, you're right."
---Rush Limbaugh

Fighting terrorism is like being a goalkeeper. You can make a hundred brilliant saves but the only shot that people remember is the one that gets past you.
--Paul Wilkinson

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin

Only the dead have seen the end of war"..........Plato

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

P.S. Maybe I should take some of the quotable advice I offer myself:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

46zilzal
08-04-2007, 08:51 PM
An Einstein quote on the folly of war? Amazing.........coming from a man who fled the Nazi's in 1932.

If you were Jewish IN GERMANY then, I'd bet you would leave too.

46zilzal
08-04-2007, 09:03 PM

He spoke that bullshit on the back of thousands of dead americans who refused to "flee the nazi's" Therein lies the real absurdity and your quote of it
More xenophobia. This fellow proved his brilliance time and time again. Read into it what you want, but none of us could hold a candle to his intellect. NOT A ONE.

Having read his biography many years back, his life and his accomplishments are all the more amazing than I could have imagined. He used to sneak into physics classes at Princeton after a lecture had started. If a student explained his relativity well, or otherwise impressed him, he used to come down and shake students hands. I can only imagine what that was like!

Light
08-04-2007, 09:06 PM
DS

I believe in peace.You believe in war.We reap what we sow.

Lefty
08-04-2007, 09:20 PM
light, I blve in peace too. But you can't have peace when zealots are intent on killing you. Grow up.
"Walk softly but carry a big stick."
Teddy Roosevelt

lsbets
08-04-2007, 11:46 PM
DS

You believe in peace? Well, I guess maybe when you're not defending terrorism, justifying the degradation and subjugation of women, or blaming the Jews for all the world's ills. You're so full of crap its amazing.

Tom
08-04-2007, 11:52 PM
DS

Then pray tell, why should Einstein have left Germany when he did?
Do you believe he was in danger, or that the nazis wouyld have left him alone, being such a smart feller and all?

You bottom feeding bastard, sell your sack of lies to the millions of Jews who paid with thier lives for doing nothing but trying to live in peace.

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Yes Dick, it's quite strange how none of the Four Horsemen wish to take on that video. They have completely ignored it....well I for one won't let them...:lol:

Light
08-05-2007, 12:10 AM
You believe in peace? Well, I guess maybe when you're not defending terrorism, justifying the degradation and subjugation of women, or blaming the Jews for all the world's ills. You're so full of crap its amazing.

You forgot the one about me comparing myself to Christ and quoting Nazi sites. There. Feel better? Whats your point? You want to discuss something or is your position so weak you have to resort to slander,like a little kid.

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2007, 12:14 AM
You forgot the one about me comparing myself to Christ and quoting Nazi sites. There. Feel better? Whats your point? You want to discuss something or is your position so weak you have to resort to slander,like a little kid.

All these posts, and you still fail to address the statements made in the video compendium that started this thread....have you not gotten your talking points yet?

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv (http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv)

Light
08-05-2007, 12:14 AM
light, I blve in peace too. But you can't have peace when zealots are intent on killing you. Grow up.
"Walk softly but carry a big stick."
Teddy Roosevelt

Peace requires an open and mature mind to accept others for who they are without requiring conformity. You fail miserably.

Lefty
08-05-2007, 12:18 AM
so light, we should conform to those that want to kill us? If they say convert to Islam or die, then we should convert? If that's what you're saying then you don't understand freedom or the cost of freedom.

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Peace requires an open and mature mind to accept others for who they are without requiring conformity. You fail miserably.

Post #42, and still you ignore....wow....I KNOW you don't have ME on ignore, because you can't ignore an admin....:lol:

Lefty
08-05-2007, 12:22 AM
It's the terrorists who won't accept the fact that we're not Islamic, not the other way around. It's they and you libs who take their side, who fail miserably. So I guess we should have just forgotten 9-11, and the Cole and all the other attacks. We should have let Saddam just take Kuwaite and then turn the other cheek when he defies 17 U.N. resolutions and threaten us. We should have just flashed the peace sign. Man, how friggin naive are you?

46zilzal
08-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Another "compelling" video is Gardens of Stone a Coppola movie with James Earl Jones, James Caan and Angelica Huston about an idealistic, though inexperienced soldier (D.B. Sweeney who played Shoeless Joe Jackson in Eight Men Out) who is assigned to what they euphemistically call "drops" (burials) with the Old Guard at Arlington National Cemetary. He is hot to trot to go to war and the older soldiers try to talk him out of the crazy war (as both had been there on several tours) but he has to get those "licks" in. He comes home in a pine box just as they predicted he would.

Light
08-05-2007, 12:25 AM
All these posts, and you still fail to address the statements made in the video compendium that started this thread....have you not gotten your talking points yet?

O.K. I watched it.As I've stated before,I am not a defender of the Democrats.Madeline Allbright and Bill Clinton were as bad as Bush IMO in their treatment of Iraqis and the Iraq issue.

I am more of the philosophy of Ralph Nader in that there is very little seperating the 2 parties because they are both controlled by lobbyists and corporations.

Tom
08-05-2007, 12:28 AM
pssssst.
pssssst.

That one was fiction!
PA is talking about real world stuff.

I know you can't tell the two apart, so I will help you out when you start to make a fool of yourself.

46zilzal
08-05-2007, 12:29 AM
pssssst.
pssssst.

That one was fiction!
PA is talking about real world stuff.

I know you can't tell the two apart, so I will help you out when you start to make a fool of yourself.

I witnessed the same thing many times, with nonfatal wounds just as bad. I remember moving a family and the lady of the house laid out all these medal her green beret son had been awarded. When he came home, angry for her showing them to us, he threw them in the trash and angrily shouted to her he never wanted a single reminder of that hell again.

Light
08-05-2007, 12:32 AM
I So I guess we should have just forgotten 9-11...

Not saying that. But as you know Iraq had nothing to do with 911.Difference between Clinton and Bush is both had the same dilemma,but Clinton handled it smarter in the public view,with sanctions.Kept his hands looking clean. Cowboy Bush,thought he could just kick ass and now has egg on his face and his party is trying to distance themselves from him. But IMO,both sucked on Iraq.Both are guilty of worldly and spiritual crimes.

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2007, 12:35 AM
O.K. I watched it.As I've stated before,I am not a defender of the Democrats.Madeline Allbright and Bill Clinton were as bad as Bush IMO in their treatment of Iraqis and the Iraq issue.

I don't recall you or any on the far-left relentlessly attacking Albright or either Clinton the way you attack BushCo....why is that? After all, one could excuse Bush by saying "well hell, his actions are a natural progression from the Clinton administration's views on Iraq + 9/11"

You certainly don't attack Dean or Harry Reid (Mr. DailyKOS himself) or Pelosi or Edwards, all prominently displayed in the video, sometimes YEARS before Bush came to town.

The reality is that what you and those like you have done and are doing will irreparably harm the United States, possibly much more than anything we have seen in the past. If anything horrific happens to America in the next 8-10 years, I am holding you personally responsible.

Case in point: your relentless drumbeat of casualties in Iraq. Many places cite up to 900,000! None of these figures are based on anything but ESTIMATES. Yet you are giving radical terrorist organizations complete justification for unleashing an unthinkable attack in the United States using NOTHING BUT ESTIMATES from groups with an AGENDA. Estimates that range anywhere from 45,000 to 900,000!

That's why I will hold YOU and everyone like YOU personally responsible should the unthinkable occur.

46zilzal
08-05-2007, 12:36 AM
That's why I will hold YOU and everyone like YOU personally responsible should the unthinkable occur.
ridiculous. Fat cats at the top will do whatever it takes to expand their power money and influence.

Light
08-05-2007, 12:54 AM
I don't recall you or any on the far-left relentlessly attacking Albright or either Clinton the way you attack BushCo....

Deja Vu. You've told me this before and I told you to look at my join date which occured after Clinton left.

You certainly don't attack Dean or Harry Reid (Mr. DailyKOS himself) or Pelosi or Edwards, all prominently displayed in the video, sometimes YEARS before Bush came to town.

At least Edwards has said he made a mistake and Pelosi and Reid want out now. Anyone opposing the war is O.K. in my book.

They have had reason to kill us long before any liberal opened his mouth. Our foreign policy of exploitation and murder is what you should hold responsible should anything happen to America.

At the same time,I think they would rather kill people like you rather than people like me. I would like to make peace. You and others here think thats ridiculous and feel they are worthy of extermination,just like the Nazi's felt about Jews. Give me one reason to believe the Arabs are not the new Blacks or Jews.

Tom
08-05-2007, 01:02 AM
At the same time,I think they would rather kill people like you rather than people like me. I would like to make peace. You and others here think thats ridiculous and feel they are worthy of extermination,just like the Nazi's felt about Jews. Give me one reason to believe the Arabs are not the new Blacks or Jews.

Arabs are the new nazis. Trained by the old nazis. The fourth recih.
And don' t flatter yourself.....they want to kill you just as bad they want to kill us. They do not want to live in peace with anyone- they want to convert or kill. You can surrender if you want, but not me.

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Deja Vu. You've told me this before and I told you to look at my join date which occured after Clinton left.How about "the people like you" part of my quote?

At least Edwards has said he made a mistake and Pelosi and Reid want out now.But Edwards didn't make a mistake. What he did was make a calculated political decision. Dangerous and sad.

You and others here think thats ridiculous and feel they are worthy of extermination,just like the Nazi's felt about Jews.How dare you paint me with that brush. Please find some quotes of mine on this board where I advocate exterminating anyone or any race. More dangerous rhetoric and outright LIES from you. Why should I expect anything less?

Light
08-05-2007, 01:50 AM
How dare you paint me with that brush.

What am I supposed to think when you say nothing to Arab racism and hatred spewed on this board, especially since you are the moderator.

Lefty
08-05-2007, 02:07 AM
light, you left out what I said about the Iraq situation. Nice cherry picking, pal. Clinton handled it smarter? The sanctions didn't work as Saddam kept breaking them. You and all like you would have condemned Bush if he had left Saddam alone and Saddam managed his own 9-11, which was what he was striving far. You said you don't defend the dems but you sure defend the terrorists. You and zilly have just got to be the 2 most naive men in the world. Make no mstk about it they would just as soon cut your head off as Tom's or mine or anyone

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2007, 02:56 AM
What am I supposed to think when you say nothing to Arab racism and hatred spewed on this board, especially since you are the moderator.

Wow. This statement alone speaks volumes. If I had to spend my time policing every instance of hatred "spewed" on off-topic, I'd never have time for a life outside of this board.

But, to play your silly game for one second, answer me this: How many posts and/or threads have I deleted that contained objectionable material regarding racism towards those of Arab descent?

After you answer that question definitively, I will eagerly await your public apology.

Light
08-05-2007, 03:38 AM
How many posts and/or threads have I deleted that contained objectionable material regarding racism towards those of Arab descent?

None,thats my point.You allow blantant Arab racism and hatred on this board.Tom says in his last post"Arabs are the new nazis".If I was moderator,that would be deleted. Why are you playing dumb with me to this kind of language against an entire race?

lsbets
08-05-2007, 07:46 AM

How is it slander to bring up the positions you have taken on this board to point out how ridiculous it is when you say you believe in peace? Do you think anyone is follish enough to forget about the hateful statements you make just because you say you believe in peace? You decry hatred and racism on one hand, and then are the single largest purveyor of such attitudes on this board. And somehow, you think you have people fooled, so you cry slander when your words are brought up. Please, aside from a very few posters you have no one fooled on this board. You were revealed a long time ago.

GaryG
08-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Another worthwhile thread hijacked by Light's usual bullshit. Like a broken record.

Light
08-05-2007, 01:28 PM
How is it slander to bring up the positions you have taken on this board

Its slander because you intentionally misrepresent my position,repeatedly.

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2007, 03:13 PM
None,thats my point.You allow blantant Arab racism and hatred on this board.Tom says in his last post"Arabs are the new nazis".If I was moderator,that would be deleted. Why are you playing dumb with me to this kind of language against an entire race?

Well, you're 100% wrong. I have deleted posts that were over the top in my opinion where it concerned Arabs and Muslims. So, in the words of your pal Hcap, STFU. I await my apology. You know damn well I am probably one of the most open minded and allowable sorts you will find on a moderated forum.

I disagree with almost every single post you make, yet I don't ban you or delete any of your posts. This, DESPITE THE FACT that some of your posts can clearly be considered racist and bigoted, especially when it comes to your many posts about Jews and Israel.

So, let's be clear that me allowing a post to remain on the board NEVER should be interpreted as me AGREEING with such views. If that were the case, most of off-topic would cease to exist.

So again, I await your apology, as I have never personally advocated the extermination of Arabs or the elimination of any race. The fact that you could accuse me of such nonsense is shocking.

Tom
08-05-2007, 03:40 PM

Don't play your stupid gmes with me, bud - YOU said theywere the new Jews or the new Blacks - I said they were the new something else. Stick your indignation where your light don't shine, dipstick.

Lefty
08-05-2007, 07:28 PM
light, no one has misrepresented your views. They have been quite clear. In a Slander case, Truth is a complete and perfect defense. There ya go mr. naive.

Light
08-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, you're 100% wrong. I have deleted posts that were over the top in my opinion where it concerned Arabs and Muslims. So, in the words of your pal Hcap, STFU. I await my apology.

You show me posts that you deleted that were directed towards Arab racism and I'll apologize.

I disagree with almost every single post you make, yet I don't ban you or delete any of your posts.

Give me a break. Your site would go down the toilet if you banned everyone you disagreed with.

This, DESPITE THE FACT that some of your posts can clearly be considered racist and bigoted, especially when it comes to your many posts about Jews and Israel.

Show me where I made anti-semetic posts.I believe just saying the word "Jew" here constitutes antisemetism.

So again, I await your apology, as I have never personally advocated the extermination of Arabs or the elimination of any race. The fact that you could accuse me of such nonsense is shocking.

That logic translates to: If I am the moderator of a board where people put down Jews and accuse them of all the trouble in this world and want to exterminate them and I take no action as the moderator,my hands are clean? Wrong. You run the board. You are responsible for its content.

Light
08-05-2007, 09:49 PM
YOU said theywere the new Jews or the new Blacks - I said they were the new something else.

I said Arabs were the new Blacks and Jews in a sympathetic way. You said they were Nazis in a derogatory way. BiG difference. You need to distinguish between an entire race of Arabs and combatative "terrorists". Otherwise,you really sound like you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Light
08-05-2007, 09:52 PM
light, no one has misrepresented your views.

Everything is subject to interpretation and misinterpretation.Then there is intentional misinterpretation. I.E. slander.

Tom
08-05-2007, 11:46 PM
I said Arabs were the new Blacks and Jews in a sympathetic way. You said they were Nazis in a derogatory way. BiG difference. You need to distinguish between an entire race of Arabs and combatative "terrorists". Otherwise,you really sound like you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground.

You don't want discussion, keep your trap shut. Otherwise, be prepared for other views. You calling them that in a sympathetic way is an insult to me and most Americans. If I sound that way to you, then I am comfortable - your bizzaro mind is always backwards, so I must be right!:D

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2007, 02:39 AM
You show me posts that you deleted that were directed towards Arab racism and I'll apologize.

You are thick in the head. I'm sorry, but there is no other conclusion a reasonable person can make after reading the above quote.

SHOW YOU THE POSTS I DELETED? THEY'RE F'N DELETED YOU TOOL.

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2007, 02:40 AM
Give me a break. Your site would go down the toilet if you banned everyone you disagreed with.

Wanna make a bet? I don't disagree with as many folks as you may think, and all of those folks are primarily posting in off-topic.

But I don't have any desire to ban anyone or delete any posts unless they violate the terms of the board, or they push me past the point of any reasonable human being (like when they continually call Republicans and the President Nazis).

You are of course free to put your theory to the test and leave voluntarily.

lsbets
08-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Everything is subject to interpretation and misinterpretation.Then there is intentional misinterpretation. I.E. slander.

Okay Light, lets go back in this thread, where you accused me of slander for reminding folks of the positions you have taken. Where did I intentionally (or unintentionally) misrepresent anything you've said.

Defending terrorism? For example, you've stated that Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization and that their actions are justified.

Justifying the degredation of women? There is a whole thread of you doing that a couple of weeks ago.

Blaming Jews for all the world's ills? That is a common theme of your posts.

You then added when you compared yourself to Christ (which you did) and posting quotes from Nazi sites (which you did). I especially liked the excerpt you printed here, where in the rest of the article (on the site) it said Colin Powell pushed the Iraq war because he is a secret Jew. That was pretty funny.

So where did I misrepresent anything? I'm giving you the chance to actually defend yourself instead of cry slander. Show me where I am wrong in any of the above. Stop crying and show me.

Light
08-06-2007, 11:09 AM
LS

It is my opinion that because you disagree with what is being said,you (and others) have a mindset that exaggerates and distorts what is being said. You overreact. As I told Pa,show me the post(s) in question. I will interpret them for you since you seem to take it the wrong way. But will you accept my interpretation? I doubt it. You have a concept of me that is branded in your mind.

Cannot continue this conversation as I am leaving on a jet plane.

Lefty
08-06-2007, 11:31 AM
light, the great Rush says:"words mean things" Your words are not being misinterpreted by anyone. We know exactly what you mean. It is, the English language after all. You're not speaking in code are you? WORDS MEAN THINGS. Take it to heart. If you really don't mean the terrible things you say, then don't say them. Pig Simple!

lsbets
08-06-2007, 11:49 AM
LS

It is my opinion that because you disagree with what is being said,you (and others) have a mindset that exaggerates and distorts what is being said. You overreact. As I told Pa,show me the post(s) in question. I will interpret them for you since you seem to take it the wrong way. But will you accept my interpretation? I doubt it. You have a concept of me that is branded in your mind.

Light - I gave you specific examples, and you cannot show me where I misinterpreted them. Start by addressing the examples I listed, until then, I stand behind everything I have said, as I have drawn the only reasonable conclusion of your motives based on your statements and links on this board.

JustRalph
08-06-2007, 12:32 PM

"and I hope you won't be coming back again"

Please John Denver forgive me....... :lol:

jognlope
08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
women can't be little pure flowers anymore, have to go out and work and deal with all the crap so Junior can have a car and go to college and pay Mobil's inflated prices and and pay for sneakers and ridiculous SUVs to keep up with the Jones to go a few miles around town (cost of an SUV will apy for one child's first two years of college) -- women have to put up with all the __it and game playing just like men now. Also the board of education declared women equal with men as soon as they gave the same english primer in the first game to both sexes. well it's a little more illustrious than that ....I don't need to go on. Women and men are different. We women appreciate our men for going to war, fixing everything, being assertive and take-charge. Men hopefully appreciate women for at least trying to pull off being a man and woman at the same time (it aint' easy)

Tom
08-06-2007, 02:24 PM
One of the Flying Imams?

Dick Schmidt
08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi guys,

Have any of you seen this?

It's pretty interesting.

Dick

Is it my imagination, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

Dave Schwartz
08-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Is it my imagination, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

Sure, always with the provactive tag line.

bigmack
08-06-2007, 05:41 PM

Only the usual wack jobs voted nay in '02 for a joint resolution to authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq.
Durbin, Feingold, Inouye, Kennedy, Leahy, Levin, Reed, Sarbanes, Wellstone et al.

On a tangential note (and there are no shortage of those in this thread) the background music used in the video is of course the infamous Low Spark of High Heeled Boys written by Capaldi and Winwood of Traffic. Of interest is that the verses drone on in a minor modality while the chorus chirps along in major.

Little know tidbit: The title was penned by the cultish actor/figure Michael J. Pollard.
http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/f/f1/Jahn.jpg/180px-Jahn.jpg

(Beat that tangent)

Greyfox
08-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi guys,

?

The video illustrates that Information = Power.
Control the Information and you can control masses.

In this instance, the "information" coming from intelligence sources re: Iraq
was a. faulty b. incomplete or c. both. The same information was being given to both sides of the House in varous committees. It was being swallowed hook, line , and sinker. (It may well be of course that WMD's were present, but were moved.) Both sides were mouthing what they had been told.

We are still today victims to the information that is shared with us.
People in power can "leak" to newspapers and other media various tidbits of mis-information, enabling them to try and "shape" our thinking about various issues. Also, the internet is a prime soil for false information.
Learning to decipher what is true, and what is not true is a very difficult art in this day and age. Who really is telling the truth? Fox? CNN? O'Reilly?

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2007, 06:33 PM
On a tangential note (and there are no shortage of those in this thread) the background music used in the video is of course the infamous Low Spark of High Heeled Boys written by Capaldi and Winwood of Traffic. Of interest is that the verses drone on in a minor modality while the chorus chirps along in major.

Little know tidbit: The title was penned by the cultish actor/figure Michael J. Pollard.
http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/f/f1/Jahn.jpg/180px-Jahn.jpg

(Beat that tangent)

I was wondering where they got the "soundtrack" to that video clip...thanks for the info!

JustRalph
08-07-2007, 12:35 AM
I saw an interview with Pollard once and he complained of all the people who are constantly asking him for his autograph............... and telling him how much they loved him on M:A:S:H:

http://www.nndb.com/people/755/000022689/burghoff.jpg