PDA

View Full Version : Hot dogs instead of steak

jognlope
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
The Barry Bonds _rap will upstage racing tomorrow on ESPN

DJofSD
08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Let me look at the TV listing -- nope, no asterisk next to ESPN.

kenwoodallpromos
08-03-2007, 05:29 PM
They use ****8 in the stories about the Phillies' 10,000 loses since they have had 8 steroid suspensions!LOL!!

njcurveball
08-03-2007, 05:31 PM
ESPN is wearing this thing out. If Baseball cared about their game, they would tell the Managers to pitch to Bonds.

I doubt they are making many new fans after the 10th or 11th game of him getting 1 swing and being walked twice, only to bring in a pinch runner in the 7th.

If I were just a casual fan, I would have given this a game or two and moved on to something else.

Cut in when he is at the plate and somehow tell the other Managers if the bases are empty you are ALLOWED to pitch to Bonds if you want to get any baseball fans watching this.

Now enough with the asterisk thing. No one is going back into Breeders Cups and Arc De Triumphes putting asterisks next to All Along and all of the other drugged horses that were not caught at the time.

Bonds has NEVER failed a test for using steroids, blame Selig, blame Balco, blame Bonds if you like. But you cannot take away 20 years of home runs simply on "knowing" he did it unless there is actual proof.

How many harness horses won big races before they had Milk Shaking tests? How many thoroughbreds?

Lots and lots of asterisks to be handed out, that is for sure!

Edward DeVere
08-04-2007, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=njcurveball] No one is going back into Breeders Cups and Arc De Triumphes putting asterisks next to All Along and all of the other drugged horses that were not caught at the time.

QUOTE]

If I had heard "All Along" and "drugs" in the same sentence before, I've forgotten it. Can you elaborate or point me to a URL? Thanks.

kenwoodallpromos
08-04-2007, 01:49 PM
"Under terms of the 2002 drug agreement, all anabolic steroids deemed illegal by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, are subject to testing. When the FDA recently banned the drug THG, it was immediately added to the list by a clause in the Basic Agreement authorizing the Health Policy and Advisory Committee to do so by a unanimous vote."
_____
As we know from Crist in 1991, anabolic steroids have been around since at least all of the 1990's; in MLB, it was legal to use until 2002.
Anybody want to start guessing how many MLB players used it while it was still legal? When did Bonds' head grow to its current size?

njcurveball
08-05-2007, 12:34 AM
If I had heard "All Along" and "drugs" in the same sentence before, I've forgotten it. Can you elaborate or point me to a URL? Thanks.

The trainer was Patrick Biancone. The man suspended in more than one country. You may have heard about his recent Snake Venom adventure.

Biancone left Hong Kong in 1999 after positive drug tests on more than 20 of his horses there in 1996 that resulted in a fine and two in 1999 that resulted in a suspension.

So now that we "suspect" him are "are sure" he drugs his horses, should ALL ALONG and his other winners get an asterisk?

Tom
08-05-2007, 12:52 AM
I think with horse racing, it would easier to put asterisks next to one we suspect raced clean!:eek: