PDA

View Full Version : Music over Simulcast Feeds

Handle
12-20-2002, 12:43 PM
Do you think music should be played over a simulcast feed between races?

gillenr
12-20-2002, 12:57 PM
I assume you mean on the net, so yes, add something audible so we will know when we lose the feed. I'm usually doing something else while waiting.

Handle
12-20-2002, 01:03 PM
And calls to Riders up, 5 minutes to post, 2 minutes to post, etc., aren't enough. You prefer Stairway to Heaven. OK.

keilan
12-20-2002, 03:11 PM
Some guys like to dance while they handicap. I, like you - find it distracting and wish they would stop it. On BC day the management of Northlands Park hired a few musicians to mingle with the betting public and strum their guitars. After listening to this for about 1/2 hour, I walk over and flipped them 20 biscuits and asked them to leave and not return until after the races were over. They smiled at me and left, and that's the last I saw of them.

gillenr
12-20-2002, 03:42 PM
Actually, I would prefer Brubeck!

gene
12-22-2002, 06:25 PM
I do not have hi speed connection so don't use network races , however I watch TVG and the music drives me nuts. I want to concentrate on the races so I vote no!

gene

cj
12-22-2002, 06:30 PM
I personally don't like it, but if I played regularly at Crc I'd vote to play it DURING the race, that announcer is AWFUL!

CJ

Tom
12-22-2002, 06:41 PM
Last winter, at Penn, they played a strings version of the Beatles'
"Im a Loser!"

so.cal.fan
12-22-2002, 07:14 PM
No way, Tom!
That's mean!
However......if you are at Penn. in the middle of winter..........:(

BillW
12-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
No way, Tom!
That's mean!
However......if you are at Penn. in the middle of winter..........:(

Nobody is _AT_ PEN in the middle of winter, unless you are the on-track DJ and then you pretty much have free rein until the spring thaw. :)

BillW

--- usta be from there!

Tom
12-22-2002, 07:34 PM
My friend an I were AT Pen on winter night back in the late 70's - it was a WINTER night-high winds, blowing snow, near zero visibilty. I had found a horse that was claimed and was dropping in class off the calim, due to the race being a starter allowance. He was 5-1 and I thought a lock, so we were out on the rail watching? the race. We could not see the horses as they went into the frist turn (1m70 yards). No clue as to how they were running until suddenly, a lone hore emerged from the white in deep stretch. It was the 4! My lock, and he was all alone-10+ lengths in front and drawing away! I turned to high five my friend, but I could not even see him in the snow!
That one bet made my trip - after expenses, I was still way ahead. you know, the usual, food, gas, lodging, racing forms, emergency room bill and frostbite treatments......
God, I love Pen in the winter.