PDA

View Full Version : Only making one bet today

cees with dees
08-03-2007, 08:41 AM
My friend Gary used to call it performing surgery.
In and out.
In the first at Saratoga, Great Point is taking a needed huge class drop and is likely to put calks back on today.
Hoping for 7/2 and betting $150 to win place and calling it a day regrdless of the result.
Not really afraid of anyone in here. I just think Great Point has to run poorly to lose. Not betting a cent on him though if the calks aren't on.
Good luck and supposed to be a great weekend.
Ben

TriSuper
08-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Ben,

I hope we can get 7/2. Great Point is the DRF Consensus selection and picked by Dave Litfin as one of his picks of the day. With this one being a CD shipper, Zito and the class drop, I think this one will be well bet.

Trifecta: 5/1479/1479

I'm trying to figure out who to use in the early double. Pletcher looks tough but maybe I can find someone else.

TS

nobeyerspls
08-03-2007, 10:59 AM
My friend Gary used to call it performing surgery.
In and out.
In the first at Saratoga, Great Point is taking a needed huge class drop and is likely to put calks back on today.
Hoping for 7/2 and betting $150 to win place and calling it a day regrdless of the result.
Not really afraid of anyone in here. I just think Great Point has to run poorly to lose. Not betting a cent on him though if the calks aren't on.
Ben

The Albany weather calls for thunderstorms developing later this afternoon so the track could still be dry by postime.
The turf try looks like they wanted to test his ability on that surface before dropping him into claiming. I see a for sale sign with the connections now certain that he won't ever be what he was. Some of these win but I'll take a stand against.
I'll go with Freedom Isn't Free with the expectation that the blinkers off move will help. My double will be with Mott's horse in the second if they stay on the turf. No straight bets on either if under 7/2.

Skanoochies
08-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I`m going to try a small wager on no. 10 Manset. $10 W+P.

Good luck gang. :jump:

cees with dees
08-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Ben,

I hope we can get 7/2. Great Point is the DRF Consensus selection and picked by Dave Litfin as one of his picks of the day. With this one being a CD shipper, Zito and the class drop, I think this one will be well bet.

Trifecta: 5/1479/1479

I'm trying to figure out who to use in the early double. Pletcher looks tough but maybe I can find someone else.

TS

When I saw how many papers picked him I thought the price would come up shorter too. but $8.60 and $5.10 to place is perfect. A little over $700 profit and i through the paper away so I wouldn't be tempted to play something else.
Only taken me 4 decades to learn discipline.
Digging in for tomorrow and will be routing for Pletcher for you in the DD.
Take care,
Ben
To the person who was worried about the for sale sign, you were right but Great Point hadn't been competitive in some time and the greeat Ernie Dahlman said something to the effect that you can't put calks on a hurt animal. Thats why calks on the deciding factor for me.
Got lucky with a good trip and the rail opening but everyone's should get lucky once in a while
Take care.

GaryG
08-03-2007, 01:17 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Skanoochies
08-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Nice pick guys. I should have listened. :( Good luck in the double TS. :jump:

judd
08-03-2007, 03:11 PM
:jump: thank you
great cappin

betovernetcapper
08-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Whenever I read a post like yours I have this image of 20 things screwing up-congratulations- :)

samyn on the green
08-03-2007, 06:13 PM
This is a professional in action. Great call and tremendous display of wagering discipline. My friend Gary used to call it performing surgery.
In and out.
Ben

cees with dees
08-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks buddy.
Tomorrow's card looks great. There is only a chance of severe scattered thunder showers otherwise they expect less than 1/10 of an inch of rain.
I want fast and firm and will post after scratches.
See you all tomorrow.
And thanks again Sammy for the kind words.
You are the perfect example of how talking to someone on the phone makes such a difference to just communicating on the computer.
And you're just as good as I am and someone with a great sense of how a race will set up. We just use different approaches. And, you do it all with a full time job and family. Lots to be said for that.
God forbid I ever had to be responsible??? LOL Just kidding really. Or at least half way.
Till tomorrow.
Ben

whobet
08-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Only taken me 4 decades to learn discipline.

the greeat Ernie Dahlman said something to the effect that you can't put calks on a hurt animal. Thats why calks on the deciding factor for me.

I loved these two things you said today, cd,

also a nice pick