PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Races

Maji
08-02-2007, 09:45 PM
How is everyone finding the Saratoga races this year? Anything out of the ordinary?

My experience has been as follows:

1. There has been some inefficiencies in the pool. Usually, one of my handicapping methods picks the chalkish ones. It means that straight win/place is not profitable. However, it seemed to be picking ones with nice returns during the last week's races. I think it is because of the recency of the meet that there is such an inefficiency.

2. There have been some nice price winners, but usual form darkening patterns seem to have gone undetected. Of course, I don't know all of these tactics, but the usual ones that I use manages to hook some of the high priced winners. However, that methodology has not been successful yet on this year's Saratoga races.

Any one has any other observations, or want to critique my findings?

Thanks.

samyn on the green
08-03-2007, 04:31 AM
The best value is in playing cold grand slams. I will not do your homework for you but check out the value of the win price/grand slam price of the last leg. For example Shakespeare paid $137 in the slam and only $5.90 in the win pool. Another example is Ready Enough last week, paid $1483 in the Slam pool and only $3.80 in the win pool. The Grand Slam is a tremendous value wager and I hope the sharper players continue to ignore it.