PDA

View Full Version : Sar 8/3

abe
08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
A couple of good 2y old turf races here today. Again as they stretch out to 1 1/16. Some may stay on the turf. Some may be testing the distance, and switch over to dirt later. In race 2 I'm going with DWL's Starbank and Hough's Unbridled Trip. Both are well bred for turf especially Starbank's female side. In the 6th I'll go with Pletcher's Il Girasole and DWL's Stormtalk. Stormtalk is a Storm Cat colt out of the champion(93) filly Phone Chatter. Il Girasole is a Lemon Drop Kid colt out of Carly's Crown. Carly's Crown is a half to Chief's Crown and Classic Crown and is the Dam of French Assault. Lot of good pedigree in these races, and you never know about 2y olds until they run. :cool:

Horsefan
08-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Abe, hope you don't mind me sticking this here. Is it me or is there alot more activity earlier for filly two year old races? I will look out for the turf races but my main goal is to get early info on possible Triple Crown contenders.

TOMORROW BIG TWO YEAR OLD FILLY RACE AT EVANGELINE DOWNS!!!

The John Franks Memorial Sales Stakes
8th race 5 1/2 furlongs Purse $100,000

1 Easy Katrina (trainer Stemmans)

1A Tibbytyme (or Tubbytyme) (Stemmans)

2 Do The Tiger (Irwin)

3 Sefapiano Rules (Perez)

4 Spanish Dancer (Donaghey)

5 Sassy But Classy (Marks)

6 Iknowuthinkimsexy (Asmussen)

7 Zuppardo's Pride (Ladner)

8 High Kicking Dream (Tenhundfeld)

9 Sweet Irene (Alonzo)

10 Swifty Victress (Agilar)

I believe that Iknowu is the favorite but I am going with Swifty Victress, Iknowuthinkimsexy and Sassy But Classy:)

Little Horsefan is going with Sefapiano Rules, Easy Katrina and Spanish Dancer:)

Iknowuthinkimsexy was the top two year old selling filly ($135,000) at Evangeline Downs sale. She won her debut in the $130,000 DS Shine Young Futurityon June 18th and came in third in a qualifier for this race. Her second place finish in the $100,000 Laurel Lane was disqualified to 4th.(trained by Asmussen)

Swifty Victress came in 5th in her debut, but won her next two races, including leading all of the way to a 6 1/2 length win in a $25,000 trial for the $150,000 DS Shine Futurity that she won her next time out with Iknowethinkimsexy second, so she's on a two win streak. She is the first winner for Macho Uno.(trained by Agilar)

Tibbytyme came in 2nd to Swifty Victress's first win. Prior to that she was sixth behind Swifty Victress and than sixth behind Iknowuthinkimsexy. (trained by Franks)

abe
08-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes, fillys mature earlier. I just usually follow the colts.

Horsefan
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Got it.

abe
08-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Il Girasole won but the rest bombed. Oh, Well, one out of 4 is 25%. ;)