PDA

View Full Version : Worst movie in recent years?

Dave Schwartz
07-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Topic says it all.

What is the worst movie you have seen in recent years?

My vote goes to Code 46.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0345061/

Dave

falconridge
07-31-2007, 10:02 PM
I'll not say what it is, or how I happened to see any part of it (quite by accident, I swear!), but here's a line spoken by the title character: "It's pronounced 'ZHEE-lee.'" :eek: :faint: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Oh, the humanity! :bang:

lsbets
07-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Does 5 years ago count as recent years?

If so, my vote goes to Changing Lanes. The only thing memorable is my wife's water broke.

bigmack
07-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Between (Gig)li & Changing Lanes that's 2 Afflecks and counting.

Dismiss all sleep enhancing medication and get Northfork. Anyone within its spell will be out cold in 20 or less.

Dave Schwartz
07-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Mack,

I do recall Northfork. Boy, you're right. That was a snorer.

And Nolte was in another a few years ago... what was the one where James Coburn got an Oscar for best supporting actor? He was on screen for like 12 minutes in the entire movie. As I recall that one was a stinker as well.

And on that topic, Kathy Bates got a similar Oscar... something about the sea in the titel. She had even less screen time.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
07-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Now that I think of it, there have been so many bad movies in the last few years that perhaps I should have limited it to bad movies that had one or more nominations for academy awards.

LOL - Lost in Translation... I just don't get it. Babel a close second to that one.

betchatoo
08-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Worst movie I ever saw was a mishmash called "Cold Heaven," with Theresa Russell and Mark Harmon. Made no sense and she didn't even get naked.

chickenhead
08-01-2007, 01:15 AM
A little ditty named "Tiptoes"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316768/

Gary Oldman plays as a dwarf brother to a normal-sized Matthew McConaughey. When McConaughey's girlfriend (played by Kate Beckinsale) becomes pregnant, the pair are fearful that the baby will inherit the Oldman gene. Matters are complicated still further when Beckinsale finds herself falling in love with Oldman's character.

boomman
08-01-2007, 01:18 AM
This one might surprise some of you because I think it won some academy awards for costume design, etc. but "Age of Innocence" was brutal!!!!!

2 thumbs down! LOl:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

:D
Boomer

Hosshead
08-01-2007, 01:35 AM
Speaking of Bad movies, can you believe that Steve (new groom) Martin, is making a sequel to the first awful Pink Panther movie he did?
Even the trailors for that movie were terrible, not to mention the movie itself.
I like Steve Martin and all, but geez, does he have no shame?
Answer: He traded shame for 20 million $'s. !

njcurveball
08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Hands down winner! Open Water! Not only an awful script and awful acting, but awful camera work as well.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0374102/

toetoe
08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Knocked Up. :ThmbDown: (Holding nose.)

JustRalph
08-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Joe Versus the Volcano...............piece of crap!

Robin Williams in some stupid movie about toys............major sucked!!

toetoe
08-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Another AssFlick flick living in infamy: Pearl Harbor. Teabagger Ben's Jimmy Caan wannabe act was tired halfway through his very first scene at the grade school talent show.

Kathy Bates, a fine actress, had a REAL stinker (no, not the one with JNich wherein she, erm ... released the twins {AGGH! AAGH!}): the one with Rupert Whatshisname, the gay guy with a physiognomy that has prompted more than one bartender to interrogate thusly: "Buddy, why the long face?" In this film, Barry Manilow appears at the end to sing live at the awards ceremony honoring Kathy and Rupert for doing nothing while some murderer killed himself, or some such tosh.

toetoe
08-01-2007, 03:18 PM
This does not satisfy the "recent years" criterion, but that old Richard Harris movie about a rugby player ... The Sporting Life? ... The Roar of the Crowd? Something like that. Surprisingly horrid.

Good call on Tom Hanks Versus The Talent, or whatever. Strange, but I could take the whole hoaky, taking-itself-seriously crap until I discovered the old guy had lied, and Touchdown Tommy did NOT have cancer, and everybody was fine with it. Weird, huh? That movie deserved Sheely Long, and vice versa. :ThmbDown:

Tom
08-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Joe Versus the Volcano...............piece of crap!

Wow! I liked that one.

Farenhite 9-11 is my worst, only becasue I haven't seen Sicko.

GameTheory
08-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I've never understood why so many dislike Joe Versus the Volcano. The last half hour is mediocre, but everything up until they get on the island is brilliant. I've probably seen it 20 times. Not a "great" movie, but incredibly watchable and very funny...

46zilzal
08-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I've never understood why so many dislike Joe Versus the Volcano. The last half hour is mediocre, but everything up until they get on the island is brilliant. I've probably seen it 20 times. Not a "great" movie, but incredibly watchable and very funny...
Meg Ryans three characters are well done.

andicap
08-02-2007, 09:24 AM
One man's dreck is another man's art -- I liked Lost in Translation, but then again Bill Murray can burp for two hours and I would watch it.

Worst?
"Gigli" is definitely a top contender for me. Unwatchable, even as a "bad movie," which can be fun (the old Ed Wood stuff for example.)

"Jersey Girl" from Kevin Smith was just awful and I'm a huge Smith fan.

Do kids films count? There are great ones I loved to see with my daughter (Shrek 2, Ice Age, etc.) but then again there's "Shark Boy and Lava Girl."

To call it horrible would be an insult to the word horrible.

Marlin
08-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Speaking of Bad movies, can you believe that Steve (new groom) Martin, is making a sequel to the first awful Pink Panther movie he did?

I enjoyed it. As far as the movie I saw that I disliked, I'll go with The Wicker Man or Dead Silence. I had both movies figured out in a matter of minutes. And how many times in Dead Silence do they use the dummy's eyes to scare the audience? It worked the first time but by the fifteenth time I am pretty sure everyone was used to it.:)

Sailwolf
08-04-2007, 12:29 AM

Funny??????????????????????:eek:

Greyfox
08-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Topic says it all.

Dave

You asked:

This is not a recent movie. This is a movie that I have seen in recent years. I just happened to see it again recently.

Bad the first time. Even worse, the second - from a variety of
points of view.

ISHTAR :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

BIG RED
08-04-2007, 06:59 AM
'City of Rott' by far the worst thing on the planet!
I wonder if anyone has actually watched the whole thing?
It's a movie because of the legnth, but man I couldn't take 3 min. (Had to see if it changed at all, and it doesn't)

toetoe
08-04-2007, 12:11 PM
game,

What a blurb --- "INCREDIBLY WATCHABLE !!" :D

GameTheory
08-04-2007, 12:16 PM
game,

What a blurb --- "INCREDIBLY WATCHABLE !!" :DBy that I mean it is easy to watch over and over, whereas you might also consider "Schindler's List" a great movie, but not something that's really "fun" to watch.

jognlope
08-04-2007, 12:17 PM
would add "that was overrated" - 1) Brokeback Mountain, what a bunch of malarky 2) Million Dollar Baby (wow I can really get into Eastwood's long suffering - NOT )

(best movie to not get nearly enough Oscars - Seabuscuit)

jognlope
08-04-2007, 12:18 PM
best not mentioned much movie - Bad Santa

best never watch unless you live in Manhattan or have IFC and don't mind a blurry B&W old Italian director movie based on a humble old man on a pension and dog named Flag living in Rome on pennies - "D. Umberto"

Bubbles
08-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one to think 95% of Talladega Nights was not the least bit funny, watchable, or entertaining. Will Ferrell's character selling the windshield of his car was the only decent laugh of the entire movie, a far cry from Anchorman, which is one of the best comedies of the past decade.

On the flip side, most underrated movie: Maverick. Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, and James Garner are all brilliant, and the supporting cast (Alfred Molina, the late James Coburn, and a few others) meshes perfectly with the rest of the movie.

Marlin
08-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one to think 95% of Talladega Nights was not the least bit funny, watchable, or entertaining.I enjoyed it, but you are right Anchor Man was much better.