Fast and Soft

Iggy Puglisi off his mounts today.

Scratches as of 10:30 PST
R6
#6 Give Away Joe

R8
#1 Magical Nature
#4 Qui's Rush In

Back in a bit with some picks....weatherman is cooperating, in fact the sun was so bright out on my patio that I had come inside

:)

rrbauer
12-19-2002, 03:19 PM
Here are races 1-6

R1
I can make a case for three in here: Bunco Squad, Billy C & Paraswap .

R2
Have to give Truckle Feature another chance.

R3
Mr. Morning-Line Maker has it right here, too.

R4
I like it when a no-name trainer pops a firster as did Chatlos with I Miss You . The other one here that should like this 7.5f is Beasue

R5
It’s hard to beat the rail combo of Carava and P Val on Fly For Less . I could see Face, now in the O’Neill barn, improving here.

R6
Finally, I get to take a stand against the fav’s. First, Underpinning will be bet hard off the one line. Talk about a lollypop trip. :49.1 1:14.4 . I like Novel T Dreamer although the post isn’t good; and, I like Club Forty One although I would prefer a work over the Hollywood surface. Throw in Ghost Memo as a “just in case” and there’s something to root for!

Back in a bit with the late double.

rrbauer
12-19-2002, 04:39 PM
Here's the last two, Races 7 & 8

R7
Not an easy heat. Since Dollase has taken over Long Gone Con he has matched a top and made a new one. Question of how he’ll handle the “soft” turf (I think it’s probably more like “yielding” because of the type of grass). He should make the running. Oh Take is a Group 1 winner from down south and McAnally does OK with these. He showed a tremendous turn of foot in a couple mile races there so I’ll use him too.

R8
Don’t like these kind of races, but here goes. Three contenders in my book: Quick Nip, I’mmuchthebest & Belongtospeed . If ‘Speed duplicates the recent turf form she’s the one to beat. If not then you’ll have to catch P Val and the ‘Nipper.

hurrikane
12-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Thanks Richard

What's with Puglisi?

had 2 plays in the 4th but with Puglisi off Beasue may just run with MyOfficeWife.

Suff
12-19-2002, 04:50 PM
You getting a price on Besua right now 9-1... she's the 3rd fav double though.... but did'nt get bet much on the back end of the pik 3.... first three races at Hollywood,,, 1-1-1..... if it's the lanes.. I miss you looks tough.. I like the 6

Tee
12-19-2002, 05:04 PM
Rotoga broke her mdn yesterday - Flag Lady B didn't in the last race. What exactly does that say for I Miss You?

I played Paul's Accolades in her debut win & Yearly Copy just came back to win out of that race. She might be the one in this spot.

Jade Fox exiting a good race & did break mdn @ the distance over the racing surface.

cj
12-19-2002, 05:06 PM
I abstained from this race, but what the hell was Martinez doing?

CJ

hurrikane
12-19-2002, 05:11 PM
yeah baby. 29.00 horse. today is a good day!

also, I could be wrong because racing channel doesn't refresh that often but I was sure this horse was 9-1 when they went off. anyone watching this race?

cj
12-19-2002, 05:22 PM
#1 Ice cold Carava tried to give this horse away after the claim 2x, I want no parts of that at a short price.

#2 Third off a layoff, improving each time, I like this one.

#3 Layoff, no speed, no chance

#4 Decent try off long layoff, currently 20-1, worth a look

#5 Barn switch has to help, this horse was raced over his head for a long time. Chaos, who beat him last out, already has returned with a win. Pace factor with a chance

#6 Scratch

#7 No speed, may clunk up for a share

I'm going with the 2 and a small play on the 4.

CJ

Tee
12-19-2002, 05:23 PM
The 9th @ the Fair Grounds has an entrant that So Cal race players will recognize - #7 Warren's Whistle now in the Dallas Stewart barn & currently 5/2.

Tee
12-19-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
I abstained from this race, but what the hell was Martinez doing?

CJ

He was still in yesterday time where he could do no wrong.

cj
12-19-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by teeitup
The 9th @ the Fair Grounds has an entrant that So Cal race players will recognize - #7 Warren's Whistle now in the Dallas Stewart barn & currently 5/2.

Odd they send a cal bred , where she made plenty of oats, to LA, I don't get it.

CJ

Tee
12-19-2002, 05:31 PM
Odd they send a cal bred , where she made plenty of oats, to LA, I don't get it.

CJ

She doesn't get it either, didn't run a step in the new muddy surroundings.

Tee
12-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Looks like this is a little late, but I have know idea what happened or what is happening.

I would think in a six horse field Espinoza wouldn't get Majesterical into trouble.

Well I can pick last pretty darn good. Doug O'Neill again!!!

cj
12-19-2002, 05:44 PM
They all dropped below acceptable odds, lost a small bit on the 4...next!

CJ

Tee
12-19-2002, 06:02 PM
P Val stays with Road To Mortlock - 3rd off the bench - working well after last race & is currently a price.

Can just about make the same case for Briteman exiting the same race as Road To Mortlock.

Club Forty Once been away since Oct 20th @ Santa Anita. Working ok on his way back to the races for Howard Zucker.

cj
12-19-2002, 06:04 PM
I'm baffled by this contest. The 5 is way overbet IMO, but I can't figure out who to go with...2WPS on the 7? Naah, next!

CJ

cj
12-19-2002, 06:10 PM
Nice race by the 5 at 4-5....NOT! Did anyone notice the 2 drop from 24-1 to 12-1 in the last flash? Weird!

CJ

Tee
12-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Weekday racing usually baffles me - unless there is a good feature race.

Don't quite know what compelled me to download a form for today - wait I know it snowed yesterday & is currently 24 degrees with winds gusting up to around 30 MPH.

Tee
12-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Nice race by the 5 at 4-5....NOT! Did anyone notice the 2 drop from 24-1 to 12-1 in the last flash? Weird!

CJ

Underpinning wasn't exactly a secret when he broke his maiden - 20/1 on the morning line - ended up 7/1 & Biancone just about said he was a winner in a pre-race interview. With all that & my opinion that he beat nothing - I wouldn't touch him with anyones money today.

That was all my money coming in on the two horse late

NOT!!

cj
12-19-2002, 06:25 PM
The #1 looks good to me in here. Nice price, should sit close to the slow pace of the 5 and power by in the lane.

CJ

Tee
12-19-2002, 06:37 PM
Long Gone Con loose on the lead or All The Gears getting the lead if LGC falters.

rrbauer
12-19-2002, 06:52 PM
Damage
Here are races 1-6

R1
I can make a case for three in here: Bunco Squad, Billy C & Paraswap .
Result: Those three went dinging early. When the donging started, Billy C (2-1) dropped out. Bunco (1-1) got clear from Paraswap (11-1) in mid-stretch for the win. ‘Swap held off Northwest Wind for 2nd. I did DD’s (-48) to Truckle (#1) and had ‘Swap across $8-16-24 (-48 +94). Live $18 DD waits on Truckle.

R2
Have to give Truckle Feature another chance.
Result : Truckle Feature got away easily and took them every step, although Victor got a little complacent around the 1/8th pole and had to really get after this guy to hold off Pine For Java late. There was some contact mid-stretch that the stewards took a look at (heart medication, please), but nothing changed. +50 total on the DD. (+48 for the day.)

R3
Mr. Morning-Line Maker has it right here, too.
Result : Breakfast At T’s & Russellette did all the dirty work, then here comes Julie on Yearly Copy to run them down. Tab the winner for a stretch out. She was running rally powerfully and striding out past the finish. I kicked off $26 in P3’s and I’m live on a $1 1-4-5-6 with 2-3 with 1-5. I did extras with the 4 and 6 which are no good. (+26 for the day)

R4
I like it when a no-name trainer pops a firster as did Chatlos with I Miss You . The other one here that should like this 7.5f is Beasue
Result : Perfect tripper Myofficewife (13-1) sat back about 5 lengths early off the moronic fractions of 21 and change; 45 and change (7.5 furlongs folks, where’s the fire?), made her run into the turn, slipped thru inside at the top of the stretch and bested I Miss You (1-1) to the wire. Beasue (8-1) pressed the pace from the bell, was wide on the turn and floated out upper stretch but couldn’t stay with the top two late. P3 is dead. I did one of my $8-16-24 WPS bets ($48 total) on ‘Sue that got me back $57 from the show dough. So now it’s +35 for the day.

R5
It’s hard to beat the rail combo of Carava and P Val on Fly For Less . I could see Face, now in the O’Neill barn, improving here.
Result: You guys have got to quit steaming my longshots! This guy, Face, was 15-1 originally, 10-1 after Perfect Judgement scratched, opened at 7/2 bounced around between there and 4-1 and then BAM: 5/2. He pressed the pacesetter, Fly For Dawn (2-1) to the head of the lane, cleared and was extended late, but easily clear. Perfect tripper Diamond Dawn (3-1) bested Fly For Less for 2nd. Got some P4’s working and a P3 working (extra P3 using just the #1 died in the stretch!). –52 in P4’s and –24 in P3’s. Here’s what’s alive: P4’s go out 4/10 with 3/6 with 2/7 and 4/8/10 with 4/5 with 2/3/7. P3 goes out 4/8/10 with 4/5. Everything for a buck. And the day is now –41 (until we cash something of course). Next race is crucial…need to beat the big fav!

R6
Finally, I get to take a stand against the fav’s. First, Underpinning will be bet hard off the one line. Talk about a lollypop trip. :49.1 1:14.4 . I like Novel T Dreamer although the post isn’t good; and, I like Club Forty One although I would prefer a work over the Hollywood surface. Throw in Ghost Memo as a “just in case” and there’s something to root for!
Result : Right about the dog favorite. Wrong about which price horse. Perfect tripper Clover Situation ran down lone speed Road To Mortlock (all of a sudden P Val’s gun-gun-gun isn’t working). Ghost Memo & Lake Ray battled late for 2nd/3rd with ‘Ray prevailing. The fav Underpinning should finish any minute. J
Some late steam on ‘Clover: 24-1 down to 12-1. Nice catch mount for Julie K. Novel T Dreamer got bounced around early and was never in it. Now I’m stuck $41 for sure!

R7
Not an easy heat. Since Dollase has taken over Long Gone Con he has matched a top and made a new one. Question of how he’ll handle the “soft” turf (I think it’s probably more like “yielding” because of the type of grass). He should make the running. Oh Take is a Group 1 winner from down south and McAnally does OK with these. He showed a tremendous turn of foot in a couple mile races there so I’ll use him too.
Result : Not For Me got the jump on Long Gone Con and forced that one to race wide. All The Gears joined the fray on the turn and they raced as a team into deep stretch, when Adminniestrator came along and got the win. Improving sort for Gallagher. ‘Con was 2nd. Did a 2x3 DD for $4 so that’s another –24 on top of –41. I quit the day (hate the last race) at –65.

R8
Don’t like these kind of races, but here goes. Three contenders in my book: Quick Nip, I’mmuchthebest & Belongtospeed . If ‘Speed duplicates the recent turf form she’s the one to beat. If not then you’ll have to catch P Val and the ‘Nipper.
Result : I’m posting this and making a beer run. Heinekin wins!

Big rain predicted tonight and I’m heading for LV on Saturday, so I’ll see y’all at Santa Anita. Merry Christmas to everyone at the PA board.

Tee
12-19-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by rrbauer

Big rain predicted tonight and I’m heading for LV on Saturday, so I’ll see y’all at Santa Anita. Merry Christmas to everyone at the PA board. [/B]

Good luck in vegas & have a very Merry Christmas.

Tee
12-19-2002, 07:05 PM
Let's see how far Dream Day will go.

Quick Nip shouldn't have a problem with the distance - I'mmuchthebest has a head start on her with three 1 1/16 races around the Hol park strip.

cj
12-19-2002, 07:29 PM
teeitup,

Did ya win the TVG Laffit poster...has to be Panama for his first win.

CJ

Tee
12-19-2002, 07:34 PM
teeitup,

Did ya win the TVG Laffit poster...has to be Panama for his first win.

CJ

I sent in the answer Panama's Presidente Lemon, but have know idea if it was in time.

I thought I was pretty quick yesterday, but didn't get the prize.

Tee
12-19-2002, 07:40 PM
Lost Out Again!!!!

anotherdave
12-19-2002, 10:11 PM

CJ

He paid $73.10 in the Canadian pools. No late money up here!

AD