PDA

View Full Version : Sara Toe Grrr, Races 5-7

toetoe
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
1,4,6/1,3,11/1,3

5) 3 second-time turfers with good breeding. Not impressed with Typhoon Tycoon --- not ENOUGH, that is, to take 3/2 or whatever.

6) Soaring By has a HUGE shot at 15/1 m.l. which will come down, I'm sure.

7) Chestoria and one insurance play, 1A.

Good luck.

the_fat_man
07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
1,4,6/1,3,11/1,3

5) 3 second-time turfers with good breeding. Not impressed with Typhoon Tycoon --- not ENOUGH, that is, to take 3/2 or whatever.

7) Chestoria and one insurance play, 1A.

Good luck.

I think there's much to be said about timing when betting horses. For example, noting, as one expert did on one of today's SAR shows, that Harlanquin made a huge run on the inside and got stopped at 13:1, and is thus a betback, is to MISS THE POINT. The idea was to bet Haranquin THEN.

Getting to the relevance:

The time to bet Typhoon Tycoon was LAST OUT, with the Samyn off angle. (I did and had to settle for the place).

TT was wide that day and basically hung in the lane against a horse that did ALOT MORE RUNNING. While TT was wide and was intimidated a bit late by the winner, he didn't do enough to warrant a playback at a short price.

Refined Royalty broke at the rear of the pack (1st time out) and basically stayed there until entering the stretch and passing ONE horse. But he did finish in good stride, while wide, and appears to like the surface. I generally don't like stretchouts on the turf (6F to 1M in this case ---cutbacks are much more fruitful), especially here, as this is a 2 turn race. Could be that they gave this one a race, however. He'll probably take some money, too.

I am very interested in Stormy Success, who made a wide bid on the turn in a paceless race (nothing came back) and finished in very nice stride in the stretch. He gets the rail and should have good position at a decent price. Worth it at the price and a good shot at getting the money.

toetoe
07-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Well, no real burn with my beat, as Chestoria was beaten by a certified mediocrity. Now, if Chestoria won, my close second in leg 1 at 20-to-stinkin'-one would sting a bit.

Fats, I'm with you on the Samyn-off angle. :jump: