PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Main Speed Analysis

Bill Olmsted
07-29-2007, 10:34 AM
CT, R2

It looks like a two horse race: #2 SMART PACE (8/5) and #5 HELLO OUT THERE (2/1). I’m boxing them in the exacta. .

SAR, R2

JZ WARRIOR (4/1) moved three wide while challenging According to Plan (a monster) and raced greenly in the upper stretch in very fast race (I believe it was a record at BEL for 5f). The two-year-old filly gets blinkers today (Mott is 18% with blinks on) which should help her concentrate on business. The 4/1 morning line odds look decent.

WO, R2

#7 BOLD CORREDOR (10/1) is as good as any in this 20k N2L 6.5 furlong race which is not particularly loaded with talent. BC finally graduated last out after being rested for 7 ½ months and put under a new trainer who promptly dropped BC from MSW to 11.5k MCL. It was the first win for both trainer and horse. Now back in for 20k, I think the morning line is way too high. Expect around 3-1 final odds.

FL, R6

SHACHNER (8/1) appears to be in excellent form after winning its last by 5.75 lengths in its best performance yet. But as the 8/1 ml indicates, the four-year old gelding is going up against some tough runners today, many of whom appear to outclass SHACHNER. However, I’ve found that main speed horses can move up after a win for a price. SHACHNER is 5 for 8 at the 5.5f distance and has won at this class (8k tag) in 2006. Sure it’s a gamble, but the odds might justify the risk.

AP, R9

#3 BASE COMMANDER (9/5) looks like a good one. The three-year old came back and graduated after a 9 month layoff in only its second start recording a 92 Beyer—that’s 14 points higher than the next highest figure. BC looks solid to win and place at modest odds.

LS, R10

#7 GOLD COYOTE (6/5) ran a monster race in the 125k Texas Stallion on July 7 winning by 10 lengths and recording a 100 Beyer—not bad for a two-year old gelding in mid year. The only loss GC suffered was in its debut when #3 COOL CATZ (6/1) beat it back on April 19. CC is making its first start in since its win over GC in this race, The Middleground BC. However, GC’s main threat will probably come from #1 POSSETOTHE MAX (9/5) trained by Steve Asmussen. For main speed recording keeping purposes I will bet GOLD COYOTE to win and place. Then I’m going in heavy on a cold trifecta 7-1-3.