PDA

View Full Version : $1M bail set for helo crash chase suspect --what a joke

the_fat_man
07-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Read it and weep. Phoenix Police Chief Jack Harris said that the chase suspect could "could face charges related to the four deaths".

link (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/27/helicopter.crash/index.html)

News people are so hard up to get 'news' they could give a shit about annoying others with their HELICOPTERS, or worse, putting themselves AND others at risk.

Sucks when you're desperate to get a 'scoop'.

As someone who's constantly annoyed by hovering traffic helicopters, I'm a bit jaded by it all. I do apologize for the insensitivity.

To charge this dude is LAUGHABLE.

bigmack
07-28-2007, 11:23 PM
As was once said: If it's never our fault, we can't take responsibility for it. If we can't take responsibility for it, we'll always be its victim.

A car chase is "crack out the air-bus" news?

A more suited litigation would be directed towards the News Directors and Station Management.

Tom
07-28-2007, 11:41 PM
As someone who's constantly annoyed by hovering traffic helicopters, I'm a bit jaded by it all.

You find them follwing you a lot, do you?:lol:

Seriously, I agee - to even suggest the guy be held resposnible is stupid - he had nothing to do with the fact that one of both both the pilots failed to do thier job and fly the damn copter. Natural selection at work. Move on.

DJofSD
07-29-2007, 01:13 AM
But are they black helicopters?

Do what the Germans do -- put video cameras everywhere then you don't need helicopters. Then you catch accidents like this one. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=KbdH-J6UoYI)

PaceAdvantage
07-29-2007, 02:23 AM
I agree with you TFM...how this could even factor into the bail or the case is beyond me....

OTM Al
07-29-2007, 09:08 AM
It has always been beyond me why these stations need to have a helicopter in the first place. Nothing better than hovering above some scene of destruction the second its happening I guess.......Just surprised something like this hasn't happened before.

headhawg
07-29-2007, 09:37 AM
To charge this dude is LAUGHABLE.Absolutely agree. How did this guy "cause" the crash? This is taking the "butterfly effect" and pushing it to its extreme.

What would be even sadder is if they actually got the charges related to the crash to stick.

dutchboy
07-29-2007, 10:37 AM
MSNBC showed a car chase last Thursday shot from a helicopter I assume. The person being chased pulls in to a parking lot, gets out and runs in to get a pack of cigarettes. Runs back out and jumps back in his car and takes off.

prospector
07-29-2007, 12:01 PM
the ultimate bore is the slow chase...enough already

kenwoodallpromos
07-29-2007, 01:48 PM
It was reported yeasterday that in addition to the official police copter there were SIX news helicopters! I suppose each were trying to watch the suspect car, all the cop cars and helo, as well as all the other copters.

JustRalph
07-29-2007, 03:37 PM
MSNBC showed a car chase last Thursday shot from a helicopter I assume. The person being chased pulls in to a parking lot, gets out and runs in to get a pack of cigarettes. Runs back out and jumps back in his car and takes off.

I saw that one.............he actually paid for the cigs.......... :lol: