PDA

View Full Version : ABC Saturday

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Two hours of network racing....Coverage starts at 4pm eastern....a few observations....

Diana: Is it possible that Magnificent Song will go off near her 8-1 m/l despite the presence of Pletcher/JohnnyV? If so, I'm all over her.....My Typhoon, the second choice on the m/l seems to run her best going SHORTER than today's distance, so she is a confident throwout for me.

Vanderbilt: Frankel has seen Saint Anddan win his last two impressively. The presence of Commentator will ensure a very square price on Saint Anddan, perhaps for the very last time for the foreseeable future....this one can run!

Go For Wand: Ermine is my chalky pick in this race, but since I detest chalk, I am going to take a shot with Plaid, but the confidence isn't too high with this one.

Whitney: I think Lawyer Ron will be slightly overlooked today in this tough field. Papi Chulo is the new "wise guy" older horse, and Flashy Bull is riding a four race win streak. Plus you have Magna Graduate and Diamond Stripes who will take money. Lawyer Ron is a horse who has never, in my opinion, shown his true talent on the biggest stage. If today's the day for LR, at least you'll be getting a bit of a price.

point given
07-28-2007, 02:52 PM
the only fly in the ointment is the 11 post going 1 1/8 at saratoga where there is short run into the first turn. The PP stats are very low, good luck !

Two hours of network racing....Coverage starts at 4pm eastern....a few observations....

Diana: Is it possible that Magnificent Song will go off near her 8-1 m/l despite the presence of Pletcher/JohnnyV? If so, I'm all over her.....My Typhoon, the second choice on the m/l seems to run her best going SHORTER than today's distance, so she is a confident throwout for me.

Vanderbilt: Frankel has seen Saint Anddan win his last two impressively. The presence of Commentator will ensure a very square price on Saint Anddan, perhaps for the very last time for the foreseeable future....this one can run!

Go For Wand: Ermine is my chalky pick in this race, but since I detest chalk, I am going to take a shot with Plaid, but the confidence isn't too high with this one.

Whitney: I think Lawyer Ron will be slightly overlooked today in this tough field. Papi Chulo is the new "wise guy" older horse, and Flashy Bull is riding a four race win streak. Plus you have Magna Graduate and Diamond Stripes who will take money. Lawyer Ron is a horse who has never, in my opinion, shown his true talent on the biggest stage. If today's the day for LR, at least you'll be getting a bit of a price.

bigmack
07-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Whitney: Sun King
Go For Wand: Soul Search
Vanderbuilt: Saint Anddan
Diana: My Typhoon

Indulto
07-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Sar P4:

7th Danzon, My Typhoon
8th Commentator, Attila's Storm
9th Ginger Punch, Ermine
10th Sun King, Fairbanks

Tee
07-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Vanderbilt
Diabolical

Go For Wand
Teammate

Whitney
Brass Hat

Tom
07-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Diabolical in the Big V
Ginger Punch in the Filly

Tom
07-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Magna Graduate in the Whitney

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Lawyer Ron is a horse who has never, in my opinion, shown his true talent on the biggest stage. If today's the day for LR, at least you'll be getting a bit of a price.

Well, he sure showed it today....new track record and then some....

Tom
07-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Nice call on the Lawyer, PA.
I didn't think he had a shot against good hroses past a mile.

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Nice call on the Lawyer, PA.

Thanks...LR saved me from going 0-4 in this thread....lol

Horsefan
07-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Congratulations on your pick! My daughter picked Lawyer Ron too, I just put down my picks for her by mistake. Glad he won this big and "smashed the record"

point given
07-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Well, he sure showed it today....new track record and then some....

good call. i would comment on your only winner in the p4 :D . i just thought the post would do him in, most impressive run. :ThmbUp:

KingChas
07-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Lawyer Ron is a horse who has never, in my opinion, shown his true talent on the biggest stage. If today's the day for LR, at least you'll be getting a bit of a price.

Nice call PA :ThmbUp:
The horse who was never fast enough now is! ;)

the_fat_man
07-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Nice Call, Boss

Let's face it, the only way I'd have had this horse is if I had touted him at .10:1 and gotten beaten, like Fischer did for the Jersey Stake:lol::lol:.

Wonder where he finishes in a FAIR RACE? (the top four were in the top 5 at the QTR pole.)

Gonna be a pleasure whipping his PUNK ass next time out (the Woodward, perhaps?)

Then again, it was strange day overall (Anyone feel like asking Biancone if he understands what a RABBIT is supposed to do?)

All in all, however, GOOD JOB :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
that looked like a different horse..............somebody check the tatoo!! :lol:

OTM Al
07-29-2007, 09:27 AM
That's a great call on Lawyer Ron! Used him in my P4, but only as an afterthought as I'd only used 5 horses in the other 3 legs. Thought the first 3 races were pretty easy, but this one was one of the toughest I've seen in a while at this level.

john del riccio
07-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Well, he sure showed it today....new track record and then some....Mike,

Great call, after seeing him destroy that field, I think anyone handiapping races with MTH shipers that try to come from off the pace have to be upgraded. I am still shocked at how easily how beat that group, and from that post as well.

John

KingChas
07-29-2007, 09:43 AM
that looked like a different horse..............somebody check the tatoo!! :lol:

Gotta agree Ralph... :D

Is it Pletcher or that wonderful mountain air ?

john del riccio
07-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Gotta agree Ralph... :D

Is it Pletcher or that wonderful mountain air ?

I've been doing the figs since 1998. Before today, the figureVictory Gallop earned in the Foster was the highest I had ever awarded. Lawyer Ron surpassed that yesterday .

John

KingChas
07-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I've been doing the figs since 1998. Before today, the figureVictory Gallop earned in the Foster was the highest I had ever awarded. Lawyer Ron surpassed that yesterday .

John

128 Beyer

Read Steve Crist journal at DRF.A track-record Whitney -- or was it?

http://www.drf.com/news/article/87120.html

OTM Al
07-29-2007, 12:43 PM
TVG just did a sync of the video of the record holder and Lawyer Ron. Lawyer Ron beat him to the line by half a length. This is of course not scientific and who knows if the runups have changed, but needless to say if he didn't break the record he was very very close to it.

KingChas
07-29-2007, 12:50 PM
TVG just did a sync of the video ... but needless to say if he didn't break the record he was very very close to it.

That was excellent of TVG showing that.
Sure looked like the final time was legit to me.
Possible problems with inner fractions perhaps? :confused:

classhandicapper
07-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Wonder where he finishes in a FAIR RACE? (the top four were in the top 5 at the QTR pole.)

Then again, it was strange day overall (Anyone feel like asking Biancone if he understands what a RABBIT is supposed to do?)

I thought LR ran a huge race, but I was expecting the pace to be faster. I thought Wanderin Boy was entered to ensure a decent pace for Sun King. But he wound up running well and SK never lifted a hoof.

kenwoodallpromos
07-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Is LR or the others getting faster with maturity?