PDA

View Full Version : Whitney observations

46zilzal
07-28-2007, 12:15 PM
First, this has to be one of the most evenly matched contests in awhile. There are at least 5 potential winners.

Second, is Ms. Whitney still alive? She made it out last year after a stroke and did not look well.

Old Onion's memory is still alive along with Ancient Title, Dr. Fager, Key to the Mint, Kelso, Gun Bow, Tom Fool, Stymie, Equipoise, War Admiral, Gallorette, Carry Back, Lemon Drop Kid, Victory Gallop, and Sultry Song.

The videotape machine will be humming today.

DJofSD
07-28-2007, 01:24 PM
First, this has to be one of the most evenly matched contests in awhile. There are at least 5 potential winners.

Again, I agree with you.

I don't agree with the ML of 12:1 for Sun King -- but I'll take it.

46zilzal
07-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Again, I agree with you.

Not shouting the best form these days as this "inner and outer" has always turned me off. Which one will show up?

DJofSD
07-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Which one will show up?

I believe the "inner" will show up today. I am considering Sun King in part as a pace play and partly a form cycle play.

OTM Al
07-29-2007, 09:23 AM
That was the most competitive Gr 1 I think I've seen in some time (excluding BC day and derby). I was only able to narrow it down to 7. Played a 2X1X2X7 P4 and was cursing when it looked like Wanderin Boy might get away (also did not use Sun King, Papi Chullo and Awesome Twist). Wasn't anywhere close in my picks in race though (ex 1/3+7+9 and a (1+3) ex box). All that said, Invasor would have crushed that race were he still around being that half of those in it wouldn't have shown up. Excellent field but no great horses in it.

KingChas
07-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Again, I agree with you.

Thought this was to be Sun King's day.The way the track had been playing to closers at start of meet.Amazing what a little moisture can do to the Spa surface.Knew after the start of Saturdays racing Sun King had slim to no chance with his style.

jjm323
07-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Sun King has little chance to beat anything other than allowance competition at this stage in his career. Keep running him Nick, he's a throwout every time.

Tom
07-29-2007, 11:47 AM
For a copmpetitive race, few horses showed anything.
LR, of course, showed a good run after sitting in the catbird seat, and Wandering Boy, third off a layoff with good back figs figured to be there, but the rest should be charged 5 tickets for thier merry-go-round ride. :rolleyes:

DJofSD
07-29-2007, 12:21 PM
the rest should be charged 5 tickets for thier merry-go-round ride.

But I don't want to go on the merry-go-round, I want to go on the pony ride! :eek: