PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Park must be "thrilled" with TrackNet...NOT!!!

NoCal Boy
07-28-2007, 10:13 AM
This was posted from a reliable person on the Magna Yahoo Finance Board. As an independent track not owned by a TrackNet member, Ellis must be "thrilled" with the limited distribution from TrackNet. BTW, TVG reported record handles in Q2 and Youbet already announced its core ADW handles also increased in Q2 despite not having the TrackNet signals.

When will this madness end? Why would any independent track with a choice choose to join TrackNet? Negotiate your own signals and get TVG and Youbet as well.

Ellis Park:

First 15 days current meet, compared to same period 2006.

purses reduced by 20%
on-track handle down approx 10%
off-track handle down approx. 30%

15 days 2006 average P4 pool $24,000
15 days 2007 average P4 pool $38,000

NoCal Boy
07-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I realize that Ellis has no choice as CDI controls the signal from its sale, but other independents will have the choice. Also, the comments are mine, the handle figures are from the poster.:)

LaughAndBeMerry
07-28-2007, 10:58 AM
When will this madness end?

WHEN A LAWSUIT IS FILED

garyoz
07-28-2007, 11:03 AM
WHEN A LAWSUIT IS FILED

On what grounds????? There are no antitrust issues. No different that any other content provider (including sports teams and leagues) controlling the distribution of their product.

Zman179
07-28-2007, 04:56 PM
What lawsuit? When Ellis was purchased from Churchill, one stipulation in the sale was that CDI would control Ellis' signal for (I think) three years. Magna has done the same thing with the tracks that it has sold off. That is why those tracks still have a Magna style presentation (ex. The Meadows), even though they're no longer Magna's property.