PDA

View Full Version : Double-digits only - 7/28

nobeyerspls
07-28-2007, 08:37 AM
If you have a price horse (10-1 or better), post it here. Please also post the reason you like it. Here are mine today:

Saratoga 2nd - Three entrants are 2nd lifetime start, an angle that has been productive for me. The two I will use are #9 Touch the Devil (12-1) and #11 Valadour (50-1). I'll use the 5,8, and 12 underneath these in a tri. I'm not concerned that Valadour sold for only $5k. That sale draws pinhookers who place a premium on precocity. This guy's breeding says both later and longer. The trainer stat (2%) is difficult to get by but if the six inches between his ears are right, and if he takes to the Saratoga surface, this horse will outrun his pedigree and his odds.

Fort Erie 3rd - In order to stay within the 10-1 or better I have to post an exacta box here. I would not normally post this track here but I wanted to demonstrate the power of a Favorable Surface Change, an angle with many nuances that produces boxcar winners. Note #4 Daiquiri's last race, an easy winner at 18-1. You'll see underperformance on the Woodbine polytrack but a fast work on the training track which is dirt. She won like an odds-on.
I'll box her with #3 Sure Star for the same surface reason. #2 Powerdrive is the consensus best bet so if both of mine beat her I should get a $40+ exacta.

So posts your longshots here and don't be embarrased if they lose. If you tear up a ticket on a 50-1 you'll have forty-nine more chances to break even.