PDA

View Full Version : Two More Questions for Premier Turf Club

trying2win
07-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Ian:

1. When negotiating to add another partner track to your menu, does PTC have to get permission everytime from some horsemen's group in each state or province? Or, can you deal directly with the racing manager in some cases? I was just curious how that works.

2. Has PTC got any more tracks on the horizon as possibilties that might be added this year?

--I understand that you may not want to divulge some of the answers in public here because of legal issues, or you don't want to reveal certain things for competitors to read. Or, there may be other issues I haven't thought of. But, if you are willing, it would be interesting to read some answers here in this thread. If you prefer not to reveal some or all answers here, can you send me a PM with some details?

Thanks,

T2W

trying2win
07-28-2007, 06:00 PM
After reading that letter to the DRF in the thread 'CAN SOMEONE POST THIS?' in the General Racing Discussion forum, I think I got the answer to question 1.

When you get a minute Ian, can you post an answer to question 2 here or send me a PM?

Thanks,

T2W

trying2win
07-28-2007, 10:30 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/45.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/46.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/65.gif

richrosa
07-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Ian Myers is the hardest working man in showbiz. There is no one working harder for the interests of horseplayers.

Trust me, I talk to him at least twice weekly. He's always working. He has a family to take care of and take on vacation, and its Saturday. Try calling YouBet or BRIS, or TrackNet, or anyone else in this biz on a Saturday, and you'll get nothing.

He'll answer shortly, I'm sure.

Premier Turf Club
07-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Ian:

1. When negotiating to add another partner track to your menu, does PTC have to get permission everytime from some horsemen's group in each state or province? Or, can you deal directly with the racing manager in some cases? I was just curious how that works.

2. Has PTC got any more tracks on the horizon as possibilties that might be added this year?

--I understand that you may not want to divulge some of the answers in public here because of legal issues, or you don't want to reveal certain things for competitors to read. Or, there may be other issues I haven't thought of. But, if you are willing, it would be interesting to read some answers here in this thread. If you prefer not to reveal some or all answers here, can you send me a PM with some details?

Thanks,

T2W

Sorry T2W. I got very behind today. Another busy week.

1. Yes we have to get approval from horsemen's group associated with each racetrack. That's the issue in California; we have a contract with CARF but Drew Couto refused to sign off on it. He also told Del Mar NOT to deal with us at all. That's not a conspiracy theory, the simulcast director from Del Mar told us that, on a recorded line I might add (all conversations to and from our call center are recorded). :)

2. As far as new tracks go, we have done everything that has been asked of us. The ball is in others' court. At one point I thought we were moving to a solution, now I'm not so sure. We continue to follow-up with each and every track that has turned us down, and will continue to do so. We believe the support we receive on this board will help. So will the press. I'm scheduled to do a few interviews this week. Haven't decided exactly what I will and won't answer at this time.

Thanks for the continued support.

:)

trying2win
07-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks a million Ian.:ThmbUp: Take a break now please. You've earned it. Get rejuvenated. There's more to life than work and worry.

~“When it becomes more difficult to suffer than to change ... you will change."

--Dr. Robert Anthony