PDA

View Full Version : Is TRPB tipping the scale?

Indulto
07-27-2007, 04:39 PM
As an aggressive anonymous commentator (AAC) myself, I was delighted to learn that the TRPB is also a strong proponent of anonymous information presentation.

The following link is to a Thoroughbred Racing Association (TRA) Press Release Archive:

http://www.tra-online.com/press.html (http://www.tra-online.com/press.html)

The following release on that web page is not dated, but is sandwiched between two releases pertaining to the year 2001:TRPB ACTIVATES INTEGRITY HOTLINE

The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau (TRPB) announced today the activation of a toll-free integrity hotline as part of its ongoing effort to address and foster the integrity of Thoroughbred racing.

The TRPB Integrity Hotline, 1-866-TIP-TRPB, is a toll-free number that will allow motivated individuals within the racing industry to leave an anonymous and confidential message detailing improper practices that have the potential to adversely affect the integrity of the sport.Is new poster, Da Facts, in fact a TRPB tipper improperly practicing to adversely affect the potential of Premier Turf Club to motivate individuals of integrity to wager on thoroughbred racing and thereby address and foster an increase in handle? ;)

Ironically, the page also contained a release profiling an individual who has recently been referenced in connection with anonymous posting on this board:

LINNELL FILLS NEW TRPB POSITION OF WAGERING ANALYST... "Effectively performing that task requires a very specialized knowledge of wagering and bettors, the pari-mutuel system, and technology. We are confident Curtis Linnell will provide that uncommon combination of expertise."

LaughAndBeMerry
07-27-2007, 05:19 PM
TRPB is a special interest group. They are a owned by the tracks and will only do what the tracks want them to. If tracks want to investigate Premiere then they throw up that roadblock and I understand charge like $50,000 for it. Groups that the tracks don't wan't to have investigated like Caliente or RGS or IRG or the dog tracks in NH or Frank Stronach's Russian mob investor then they look the other way. Do you remember the Col. Flagg character in MASH, that is the TRPB. How can you pretend that you try to police the game when everyone knows some of the off shores are taking bets from bookmakers and you can easily find the dirt on Caliente. They don't investigate that probably because CD and Magna tell them not to. The whole business is rigged anyone that has followed this board can see that. No one has ever posted a legitimate reason why PTC does not have the signals. If there is a reason and I don't think there is someone who knows should tells us. For the record, I don't even have a Premiere account but I think the whole thing just stinks.

Where is g-man Frank Fabian and why does he want to turn his back to this kind of stuff? Why do Robert Evans and Frank Stronach?. It makes you wonder who they really should "thoroughly check out" as Mr. Facts says. I will let others decide what the reasons for all of this might be.

TRPB, Caliente Group enter agreement to protect racing integrity

The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau has signed an agreement with Hipodromo de Agua Caliente that will allow the watchdog organization to request and receive information on betting activity on North American Thoroughbred races valuable toward preserving the integrity of the sport.
Under the agreement, the TRPB—which is the investigative arm of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations of North America—also may request, and be provided under appropriate circumstances, identification information pertaining to any racing participant or other individual the organization has reasonable grounds to suspect may pose a threat to the integrity of an event.

Hipodromo de Agua Caliente is a Mexican corporation and a leader in the Latin American entertainment and gaming industries for nearly a century. Its roots are in the Agua Caliente Race Track, which was immortalized in the movie “Seabiscuit.”

Caliente Group currently operates more than 180 race and sports books, where customers can wager on races held at premier Thoroughbred and greyhound tracks throughout the world.

Caliente provides its services within Antigua, Aruba, Brazil, Curacao, Ecuador, Mexico,Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Maarten, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
“We have always been concerned about the integrity of any region or sporting event,especially regarding our customer’s trustworthiness when placing a wager,” said Victor de la Fuente, corporate director of wagering for Caliente Group.

Spitzer Report

For example, Grupo Caliente is a simulcasting service and licensed bookmaking operation based in Tijuana, Baja, Mexico, that has been the subject of numerous allegations of illegal activities. On the surface it appears to be a legitimate operation, managing racetracks and bingo halls in Mexico and a network of more than 165 off-track betting sites located throughout Mexico and Latin America. In addition, the company has been issued 88 additional permits to operate off-track betting sites and bingo halls in Mexico. Through Grupo Caliente’s race track in Tijuana, Mexico, the company provides simulcasting of races from the United States as well as Mexico. It is licensed by the Mexican Department of Interior, with a license valid for 25 years. For several years,Jorge Hank Rhon, Grupo Caliente’s chief operator and the current mayor of Tijuana, has been suspected by U.S. law enforcement and Mexican authorities of illegal money laundering activities related to illicit drug trafficking, particularly with the Arellano Felix drug cartel based in Tijuana. Additionally, Carlos Hank Rhon (Jorge Hank Rhon’s brother) allegedly laundered money for one of Mexico’s former presidents through Laredo National Bancshares of Laredo, Texas, a bank Carlos Hank Rhon partially owned.

To the extent that Grupo Caliente may be involved in money laundering, it could easily exploit its status as a licensed bookmaker to launder illicit proceeds through U.S. tracks’ pari-mutuel wagering pools. It is a relatively simple matter for a licensed out-of-country bookmaker to partner with an offshore rebate shop with access to pari-mutuel pools in the United States. Using the anonymity provided by the offshore rebate shops, bookmakers can access the pari-mutuel wagering pool to control risk by “laying off” significant wagering activity to one of the offshore rebate shops permitted to place bets into U.S. tracks’ pari-mutuel pools.

At least two gaming regulators have formally made know their concerns about Grupo Caliente and Jorge Hank Rhon. The Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB), perhaps the preeminent gaming regulator in the country, has cited Grupo Caliente in three different public hearings relative to the licensing suitability of American Wagering in June 1997,as well as in connection with VirtGame Corp. in October 2002. Essentially, these companies were directed by the NGCB to conclude any contracts with Grupo Caliente and to not renew those contracts. Grupo Caliente’s U.S. representative for simulcasting events in the United States and Mexico, Arturo Alemany Salazar (who operates a company called MIR International), came under similar scrutiny by the Puerto Rico Racing Administration. Mr. Salazar, of San Diego, California, was a recent applicant for licensure with the Puerto Rico Racing Administration, for whom the Administration recommended a finding of “unsuitability.”

Churchill Downs stated that as part of its long term business relationship with Grupo Caliente, it reportedly conducted a limited due diligence review and, as a result,continues to do business with the entity.

Magna continues to do business with Grupo Caliente, its history being discussed above.

A background profile prepared by FRONTLINE Correspondent Lowell Bergman.

Carlos Hank Gonzales is considered to be one of the most powerful billionaires/politicians in Mexico. A PRI stalwart, it is assumed he would have been president of Mexico years ago except for a clause in the Mexican Constitution which required that a candidate's parents be Mexican born. His parents were German immigrants. He has two sons, Jorge Hank Rhon and Carlos Hank Rohn.

In the early '80's Jorge Hank Rhon assumed local control of the family's Agua Caliente Racetrack in Tijuana and related off track betting locations throughout northern Mexico. Once the preserve of a Sicilian-American with close ties to the Mafia, the Hank family took over the once lucrative franchise in the late 1970's.

Jorge Hank brought with him his lifelong obsession with exotic animals. It was Jorge Hank who ran a marine park in Mexico City where he "imprisoned" the now-famous Keiko the Killer Whale. His interest in wild animals continued in Tijuana where he is a continual source of controversy.

On April 20, 1988 a local newspaper columnist, Hector "El Gato" Felix Miranda was assassinated on his way to work. The gunmen turned out to be security guards at the Caliente track, and one had worked as well for Hank Rhon's father, Carlos Hank. To this day the independent newsweekly in Tijuana, ZETA, runs a full page ad with white letters: "Jorge Hank: Why did your bodyguards assassinate me?" 'El Gato' had been a fierce critic of the Hank family.

Jorge Hank is described by U.S. Embassy sources and high level Mexican government officials as "crazy." They usually cite his fixation with exotic animals and his alleged links to murder and drugs.

With the rise of the Arellano-Felix Organization in Tijuana, it is widely believed that Jorge Hank provides money laundering facilities for the cartel. Hank himself has been stopped entering the United States and searched. Those searches have revealed a failure to declare large sums of cash [$17,000 in 1994] to an attempt to smuggle a White Siberian Tiger across the border. The tiger is now in the San Diego Zoo. Jorge Hank has a half dozen of them in his own private zoo.

Jorge Hank has been under investigation by the joint FBI-DEA task force in San Diego which tracks his movements between Tijuana and his home in the Coronado Cays north of the border. His father and his older brother, Carlos Hank Rhon, have been suspects in a variety of money laundering investigations by U.S. Customs, the DEA and the FBI. Hank Rohn's cases involved Taesa Airlines and Loredo National Bank. The first was a now ailing Mexican carrier one of whose airfields and maintenance facilities was involved in cocaine smuggling. The second, Loredo National, is one of the few federally chartered banks owned by foreign nationals. This multi-billion dollar bank has been investigated by U.S. Customs, DEA and the FBI. No violations have been charged against Carlos Hank Rohn.

One of Jorge Hank's employees, Rodolfo Garcia Gonzalez, has been arrested at the border attempting to smuggle 126 pounds of cocaine. [11-27-95]

In 1995 Jorge Hank made headlines in Mexico City when he was searched at the airport and Mexican Customs discovered a trove of animal skins and ivory from endangered species. Hank's arrest was seen as a bold move by then-Attorney General Lozano - so bold, it shook the Mexican stock markets.

Jorge Hank's nightclubs ["Iguana"] and his restaurants in Tijuana allegedly are favorites of the Arellano-Felix drug cartel. To reporters and sources in Tiajuana, Jorge Hank is viewed as "the richest man and most powerful" person in this boom town on the border.

Indulto
07-27-2007, 07:18 PM
TRPB is a special interest group. They are a owned by the tracks and will only do what the tracks want them to. If tracks want to investigate Premiere then they throw up that roadblock and I understand charge like $50,000 for it. Groups that the tracks don't wan't to have investigated like Caliente or RGS or IRG or the dog tracks in NH or Frank Stronach's Russian mob investor then they look the other way. Do you remember the Col. Flagg character in MASH, that is the TRPB. How can you pretend that you try to police the game when everyone knows some of the off shores are taking bets from bookmakers and you can easily find the dirt on Caliente. They don't investigate that probably because CD and Magna tell them not to. The whole business is rigged anyone that has followed this board can see that. No one has ever posted a legitimate reason why PTC does not have the signals. If there is a reason and I don't think there is someone who knows should tells us. For the record, I don't even have a Premiere account but I think the whole thing just stinks.

Where is g-man Frank Fabian and why does he want to turn his back to this kind of stuff? Why do Robert Evans and Frank Stronach?. It makes you wonder who they really should "thoroughly check out" as Mr. Facts says. I will let others decide what the reasons for all of this might be.LABM,
Given the recent "French Concoctions," I am reminded more of Inspector Clouseau. ;)

"What the minkey does with his money is is own bus-i-ness!" :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
07-27-2007, 07:49 PM
"allow motivated individuals ****within the racing industry to leave an anonymous and confidential message detailing improper practices"
What does "within the industry" mean?

Indulto
07-27-2007, 08:01 PM
"allow motivated individuals ****within the racing industry to leave an anonymous and confidential message detailing improper practices"
What does "within the industry" mean?KW,
What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? :cool:

ezrabrooks
07-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Whoa...we have already been told by PTC that they have been give a clean bill of health from the TRPB... Now, what does it matter if an anonymous poster (De Facts) comes on board and says it isn't true. We have it from the horses' mouth that PTC has passed muster.. End of story.. I have to take PTC word on the matter.

Ez

Premier Turf Club
07-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I'll tell you what, you don't have to take my word for anything. Here's what you do. North Dakota has an open meeting, open record policy. You call Director Randy Balseg and you ask him who the principals of Premier Turf Club are and what the result of their background checks revealed. Here is his contact information:

Randy Blaseg, Director of Racing
701-328-4290

All of the pertinent information is below. OK, EZ have we answered your questions?

North Dakota Racing Commission Minutes November 2006:

Premier Turf Club LLC
Mike Cichy presented the application for Premier Turf Club LLC. After questions had been answered, Chairman Arthaud asked for the motion.

Commissioner Pladson made the motion that Premier Turf Club will be licensed pending the amended application to see the structure of the LLC and all background checks with all the proprietor people. Commissioner Secrest seconded the motion. Chairman Arthaud asked the Director to take the roll:

Chairman Arthaud - Yes
Commissioner Secrest - Yes
Commissioner Pladson - Yes
Commissioner Frederick - Yes
Commissioner Clement - Yes
The motion carried.

North Dakota Racing Commission December 2006 Meeting

Finalization of the 2007 provider’s license for Premier Turf Club

Legal Counsel explained that questions had been answered as to who owns the companies who own Premier Turf Club, and a better explanation was given as to who was managing the company.

Commissioner Secrest made the motion to amend and approve the application of Premier Turf Club LLC to reflect the ownership as Palm Beach Gaming Advisors LLC, Wes Berman Revocable Trust, and Morgan Howard Holdings LLC. The application to include Ian Meyers' memo reflecting the percentage of ownership and individuals involved. Commissioner Clement seconded the motion.

After further discussion, Chairman Arthaud asked the Director to take the roll:
Chairman Arthaud - Yes
Commissioner Secrest - Yes
Commissioner Pladson - Yes
Commissioner Frederick - Yes
Commissioner Clement - Yes
The motion carried.

Detail by Entity Name

Florida Limited Liability Company

PREMIER TURF CLUB, LLC

Filing Information

Document Number L06000101715

FEI Number NONE

Date Filed 10/18/2006

State FL

Status ACTIVE

Effective Date 10/18/2006

Principal Address

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Mailing Address

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Registered Agent Name & Address

MEYERS, IAN

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437 US

Manager/Member Detail

Name & Address

Title MGR

MEYERS, IAN

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Title MGR

BERMAN, WES

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Title MGR

RIDDELL, JOE

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Title MGR

SODI, BRIAN

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Detail by Entity Name

Florida Limited Liability Company

PALM BEACH GAMING ADVISORS, LLC

Filing Information

Document Number L06000098966

FEI Number NONE

Date Filed 10/10/2006

State FL

Status ACTIVE

Effective Date NONE

Principal Address

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Mailing Address

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Registered Agent Name & Address

MEYERS, IAN

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Manager/Member Detail

Name & Address

Title MGRM

MEYERS, IAN

8876 HEARTSONG TERRACE

BOYNTON BEACH FL 33437

Title MGRM

RIDDELL, JOSEPH

2463 HEATHER WAY

LEXINGTON KY 40503

Title MGRM

MARTINEZ, MICHAEL

243 BRASSY HILL ROAD

EAST LYME CT 06333

Title MGRM

CICHY, MICHAEL

910 7TH STREET SOUTH

FARGO ND 58103

10/10/2006 -- Florida Limited Liability

ezrabrooks
07-27-2007, 10:46 PM
I'll tell you what, you don't have to take my word for anything. Here's what you do. North Dakota has an open meeting, open record policy. You call Director Randy Balseg and you ask him who the principals of Premier Turf Club are and what the result of their background checks revealed. Here is his contact information:

Randy Blaseg, Director of Racing
701-328-4290

All of the pertinent information is below. OK, EZ have we answered your questions?

Jeez, I stand corrected...your word isn't good enough.. BTW, I have never questioned, or inquired about, your operations...so, spare me the details.

Ez

Indulto
07-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Whoa...we have already been told by PTC that they have been give a clean bill of health from the TRPB... Now, what does it matter if an anonymous poster (De Facts) comes on board and says it isn't true. We have it from the horses' mouth that PTC has passed muster.. End of story.. I have to take PTC word on the matter.

EzExactly when did Mr. Facts move from da Bronx? ;)

IMO you're riding the wrong horse, EB, but then I'd rather get it straight from the horse's mouth than wait for the truth to be twisted by a horse's posterior.

Look, EB, I don't buy PA's likening PTC to a "savior," but I believe he represents a change to the status quo that will benefit all horseplayers -- large or small, and not just his own customers -- once he gets his foot in the door. It certainly appears that the number of his vocal supporters here outstrips that of his vocal detractors.

It's OK to keep sniping if that's all you're capable of, but your continued refusal to elaborate on the reasons for your opposition makes you appear not only petty and/or paid for, but worse -- uninteresting. :(

Trigger is never uninteresting, but definitely very mysterious. :lol:

Premier Turf Club
07-27-2007, 11:31 PM
QUOTE=ezrabrooks]Jeez, I stand corrected...your word isn't good enough.. BTW, I have never questioned, or inquired about, your operations...so, spare me the details.

Ez[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected EZ, early onset senility (or maybe just overwork) on my end. It was Mr Devere if I recall that asked for a detailed accounting of all the partners.

As I've said over and over, this is becoming "when did you stop beating your wife?"

I've posted this before, but here is my background check:

P.S. I feel like an idiot, but let it be clear that there isn't anything to hide. Da Facts knows that as well.

ezrabrooks
07-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Exactly when did Mr. Facts move from da Bronx? ;)

IMO you're riding the wrong horse, EB, but then I'd rather get it straight from the horse's mouth than wait for the truth to be twisted by a horse's posterior.

Look, EB, I don't buy PA's likening PTC to a "savior," but I believe he represents a change to the status quo that will benefit all horseplayers -- large or small, and not just his own customers -- once he gets his foot in the door. It certainly appears that the number of his vocal supporters here outstrips that of his vocal detractors.

It's OK to keep sniping if that's all you're capable of, but your continued refusal to elaborate on the reasons for your opposition makes you appear not only petty and/or paid for, but worse -- uninteresting. :(

Trigger is never uninteresting, but definitely very mysterious. :lol:

Since you mentioned Trigger in a post responding to me...can I assume that you have me confused with another poster, much like PTC did? I don't think I have ever criticized the owners of PTC, and their ability to put their business on the map, and earn a profit. In several instances I think they have gone over the top, in trying to take the political route in solving some of their signal problems..but how they conduct their business is their business. They are in business to make a profit, and people need to understand that fact.

I do have a problem with individual rebates, and favor lower take outs across the board to all players. I have expressed my opinion on that matter, but, that opinion has nothing to do with PTC, and their right to do business.

Ez

Indulto
07-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Since you mentioned Trigger in a post responding to me...can I assume that you have me confused with another poster, much like PTC did? I don't think I have ever criticized the owners of PTC, and their ability to put their business on the map, and earn a profit. In several instances I think they have gone over the top, in trying to take the political route in solving some of their signal problems..but how they conduct their business is their business. They are in business to make a profit, and people need to understand that fact.

I do have a problem with individual rebates, and favor lower take outs across the board to all players. I have expressed my opinion on that matter, but, that opinion has nothing to do with PTC, and their right to do business.

EzEB,
I'm glad you finally responded with substance and, no, I did not confuse you with ED. I mentioned Trigger, who has contributed extensively to worthwhile discussion here in the past, to let him know that I do not lump together all opposition to -- or hesitancy regarding -- PTC. I hope he will rejoin the discussion to help enhance what PTC brings to the table.

I couldn't agree with you more that lower takeout for all is better than rebates for some. But it's now obvious that until the industry sees a PTC-like enterprise succeed, there will be no movement in that direction.

Will PTC survive if and when the tracks collectively lower takeout? I think so because they are bringing more to the table than just rebates. Most importantly, they start with the premise that we are CUSTOMERS and NOT degenerates to be ignored and exploited. Have you seen many posts here expressing satisfaction with the way the poster was or expects to be treated individually or collectively by racetracks?

On top of that, Mr. Meyers himself appears to be a sincere and open individual as well as a passionate and successful horseplayer who loves the game and the camaraderie of other players. Ok, I’ve never met him in person, but contrast his words, actions, and attitude with those of Mr. Daruty and Mr. Evans.

As to your objection to their "taking the political route" to resolve "signal problems," how do YOU think they should go about it? Should they just sit back and take being squeezed out by power brokers like Mr. Daruty, Mr. Couto, and others? Any change to the status quo requires initiative, innovation, and inspiration; and these guys at Premier Turf Club seem have it in spades!

Finally, I think it's healthy to challenge any vendor that comes here in an attempt to profit from their product or service to ensure that it has value. JMO but I'm comfortable with the analogy to an architect who chooses to design affordable houses for the middle class rather than address the market for luxury homes (even if he may already or eventually own one himself ;)).

Indulto
07-30-2007, 02:15 PM
When I try to access posts by registered user, Da Facts (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=3770), who inspired this thread, it shows that he/she made 5 posts, but when I try to access them, I get the message, "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Last I looked, the thread containing them was locked. Why are these posts no longer available?

I started this thread on a note of levity, but it’s turning into paranoia.

GameTheory
07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
It would appear that the thread has been deleted, and has vanished utterly. Maybe that's a hint to stop talking about it...

Indulto
07-30-2007, 02:33 PM
It would appear that the thread has been deleted, and has vanished utterly. Maybe that's a hint to stop talking about it...GT,
Are you trying to feed my paranois? ;)

Rather than try to read between the lines (or, in this case, invisible ones), I think I'll wait for a definitive answer -- in the interest of industry integrity of course.

Premier Turf Club
07-30-2007, 02:45 PM
It would appear that the thread has been deleted, and has vanished utterly. Maybe that's a hint to stop talking about it...

I asked PA to delete it. There's nothing sinister to it, my counsel told me to save this for when we need it. I got what I wanted from it.

I would be happy to take questions off line about this topic. Given what's to follow, unfortunately I need to bite my tongue on a lot of subjects.

Indulto
07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
I asked PA to delete it. There's nothing sinister to it, my counsel told me to save this for when we need it. I got what I wanted from it.

I would be happy to take questions off line about this topic. Given what's to follow, unfortunately I need to bite my tongue on a lot of subjects.PTC,
I appreciate your invitation to ask questions privately, but I am more concerned with the issue of posting integrity at this point than of industry integrity.

No disrespect intended, but the fact that you are wearing a self-imposed tongue-tie ;) doesn't mean we all have to. I have no problem with you requesting that your own posts be deleted, but not those of others -- certainly not without individual review by PA. So I think PA needs to address the appearance that vendors have rights that other posters don't.

I am NOT saying that PA doesn't have the right and responsibility -- at his own discretion -- to remove posts, or entire threads for that matter, but just because a thread didn't turn out the way it's initiator intended or expected should not IMO, by itself, be sufficient justification to delete a thread that others responded to publicly in good faith.

I was actually most disappointed that the thread disappeared before I could respond to Boom Man's opinion regarding anonymous posting.

Best of Luck in dealing with some of the issues brought to light in that thread.

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Actually, there is precedent in deleting threads at the request of the thread starter. I have deleted MANY threads over these past 8 years when requested to do so by the primary author of the thread...you'll be happy to know that a great majority of the requests came from NON-ADVERTISERS/VENDORS.

In addition, if you delete the first post in a thread (the initial post), the entire thread has to go. That's the way this forum software works. You can't delete the initial thread and have the rest of the posts stay up, unless you copy and paste and create a new thread, etc. etc....and I just don't have the patience to do that....

But all that is moot in this particular case, because, for the record, the thread is not deleted, it is simply "in hiding," which is why you still see 5 posts listed for DaFacts.

Indulto
07-30-2007, 11:59 PM
... But all that is moot in this particular case, because, for the record, the thread is not deleted, it is simply "in hiding," which is why you still see 5 posts listed for DaFacts.Does that mean DF is in "protective custody," so to speak?

Here's some more related verbiage for KW to parse:

http://www.horseracingintfed.com/newsDisplay.asp?story=349 (http://www.horseracingintfed.com/newsDisplay.asp?story=349)
The TRPB was incorporated in 1946 as a private investigative agency. It represents a unified effort by TRA-member racetrack associations to maintain high operating standards, protect the integrity of the sport and preserve the business interests of its member racetracks.

PaceAdvantage
07-31-2007, 02:08 AM
Does that mean DF is in "protective custody," so to speak?

Nope, not at all....free to post at will....

Indulto
07-31-2007, 02:44 AM
http://www.jockeyclub.com/ROUNDTABLE.ASP (http://www.jockeyclub.com/ROUNDTABLE.ASP)
History of The Jockey Club Round Table Conference
2006 Transcript (http://www.jockeyclub.com/roundtable_06.asp) | 2005 Transcript (http://www.jockeyclub.com/roundtable_05.asp) | 2004 Transcript (http://www.jockeyclub.com/roundtable_04.asp) | 2003 Transcript (http://www.jockeyclub.com/resources/transcript_roundTable_03.pdf)| 2002 Transcript (http://www.jockeyclub.com/resources/transcript_roundTable.pdf)From 2006 conference:

http://www.jockeyclub.com/roundtable_06.asp?section=5 (http://www.jockeyclub.com/roundtable_06.asp?section=5)
The Jockey Club Annual Round Table Conference
Wagering Integrity Introduction
by Alan Marzelli - President & COO, The Jockey Club
… The TRPB, as Frank Fabian will tell you, has taken several meaningful steps recently to secure the pari-mutuel pools of their member racetracks to improve the integrity of wagering within those pools.

Frank was named president of TRPB in February 2005, and he knows a little bit about security and integrity.

He was the assistant section chief in the FBI's Counterterrorism Division. That's the division that is responsible for the investigation and dismantling of international terrorist groups and their funding mechanisms. His promotion to that position in the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks capped a 20-year career with the FBI that included numerous investigations within the FBI's organized crime, drug, violent crime, white-collar crime, and public corruption programs.

He is no stranger to the backstretch either. When he was a member of the New Jersey State Police Detectives before joining the FBI, he was engaged in several racing-related investigations on the backstretch at Monmouth Park.http://www.jockeyclub.com/roundtable_06.asp?section=6 (http://www.jockeyclub.com/roundtable_06.asp?section=6)
Wagering Integrity Strategies to Enhance Wagering Integrity
by Franklin J. Fabian - President & Treasurer, TRPB
… Some in this room may recall the incident wherein a technologically savvy individual, whose employment afforded him unfettered access to valuable data, abused that trust and manipulated the system in what proved to be an unsuccessful attempt to realize a substantial monetary gain.

… I am referring not to Chris Harn and the 2002 Breeders' Cup scandal, but to Robert Hannsen, the FBI Headquarters Supervisory Special Agent convicted in 2002 of espionage. Though certainly incomparable in severity or consequence, incidents such as these serve as reminders to every institution and industry that they can ill afford any laxity regarding ensuring not only the integrity of their electronic infrastructure but, as important, the integrity of those to whom they grant access.

… Within the past year, five SPMOs participated in this process with TRPB, and comprehensive reports detailing ownership, business operation, technical capability and regulatory oversight have been completed and distributed to racetrack associations having, or considering, a contractual relationship. Additional reviews are presently ongoing.

Through the completion of these due-diligence examinations and the ability of TRPB to monitor an SPMO's continued compliance with contractual agreements, TRA-member racetracks have a thorough understanding of whom they are doing business with and how their respective operations work.Obviously Mr. Fabian has had a distinguished career in law enforcement and oversees a critical operation which benefits horseplayers as well as track operators.

In the above speech, he pointed out two examples of where the watcher needed watching. That such vigilance is necessary at all levels of authority is illustrated by the current investigation into the actions of the U.S. Attorney General.

Mr. Fabian’s experience investigating public corruption suggests he is quite capable of ferreting out any inappropriate self-interests or alliances that might be impeding PTC’s efforts to compete in the California ADW market and elsewhere. His reference to the Hannsen case suggests he wouldn’t hesitate to look within his own house. Hopefully he too is interested in defusing the speculation generated by DF.

Indulto
07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/87173.html
New York to ban teller bets
By MATT HEGARTY

The New York State Racing and Wagering Board approved a rule on Tuesday that would prohibit parimutuel tellers from placing any wagers while on duty at a racetrack.

New York had previously prohibited tellers at Thoroughbred racetracks from placing bets on races held at the track where they were working. The new rule will prohibit tellers from placing bets on any race, including simulcasts.Boy, talk about creating a market for conditional wagering. ;) Does this apply to all NYRA employees?

Could information tipped to the TRPB be responsible for this action?