PDA

View Full Version : Track Net Means and Motive

LaughAndBeMerry
07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Motive

6.7 Rebate Platform . CDI and MEC shall cooperate to develop a plan on or before September 30, 2007 to jointly enter Rebating during 2007. CDI and MEC shall not conduct Rebating individually during 2007 without prior approval of the other party.

trigger
07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Motive

Nice find.
Although the agreement is written in hard-to-understand legalese, it appears that Tracknet is planning on sub licensing rebating rights on its and its affiliates races in addition to ADW content and TV rights.
As to what this really means in practice, they are supposed to expand on their approach to rebates by the end of September.

ceejay
07-30-2007, 06:57 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2007-06-28-supreme-court-retail-prices_N.htm

A thought I had today: The recent supreme court decision appears to me, a non-lawyer, to give tracknet or anyone the right tell any ADW how much, they can charge, or rebate users.

highnote
07-31-2007, 02:17 AM
So now will Coke and Pepsi tell CostCo and Wal-Mart that they can't sell their sugar water at near cost?

It also sounds like a reseller could offer goods or services for free as a promotion.

How about this... bet 10 races at full takeout and get one or more free bets that sum to 10% of the first 10 bets.

Looks like a promotion, but feels like a rebate. :ThmbUp:

betovernetcapper
08-01-2007, 01:17 PM
If what your suggesting is a 10% voucher, every 11 races, I could work with that.

highnote
08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
That's exactly what I'm suggesting, except that you said it better. :ThmbUp:

Indulto
08-01-2007, 03:24 PM
If what your suggesting is a 10% voucher, every 11 races, I could work with that.That's exactly what I'm suggesting, except that you said it better. :ThmbUp:I once had an idea for a similar "second-chance-rebate" for on-track bettors. At the end of the day, they could bring their losing tickets back to the machine they were purchased at and get a voucher for some % of face value to be used on their next visit to that track -- no account required. The same machine requirement would improve the odds that the casher would be the purchaser. Think how clean that would keep the grandstand floors! :cool:

highnote
08-02-2007, 02:04 PM
At the end of the day, they could bring their losing tickets back to the machine they were purchased at and get a voucher for some % of face value to be used on their next visit to that track

Indulto -- that is a fantastic idea!

By the way -- got this promotional email below from BrisBet.com today. This is almost exactly what we were talking about, only not quite as good.

DO YOU THINK SOMEONE AT BRISBET OR CDI READS PACEADVANTAGE?

You gotta love a promotion where even the $2 bettor can get a rebate. :ThmbUp:

Oops. Did I say rebate. Must have been a Freudian slip. :D

Dear Customer,

We have some exciting, upcoming promotions available through your wagering account at BrisBET.com.

10% cash back on the entire Mountaineer Park card this Friday night, Aug. 3*.

10% cash back on the Arlington Million race next Saturday Aug. 11*.

Next Wednesday, Aug. 8, we are pleased to announce that Arlington Park wagering returns both online and by phone for BrisBET.com members in ALL STATES. We are rewarding our patient and loyal members with an incredible 10-percent cash back promotion on one of the biggest and best turf races of the year, the G1 Arlington Million!

This Saturday is Claiming Crown Day at Ellis Park, home of the 4% takeout on the Pick-4 wager. This is the blue collar Breeders' Cup and always a fantastic card for wagering. BRIS Past Performances and reports for the Claiming Crown will be online this evening.

We also wanted to remind you about our policy enhancement that began in June. Any day that you wager with BrisBET.com, you can access FREE and unlimited Brisnet.com Past Performances for that race date, regardless of whether or not BrisBET offers that track content.

Best of luck and thank you for your patronage.

*The bonus applies to the amount wagered - regardless if you win or lose. Bonus money will be deposited into your account by the close of business on Monday. Any place or show payoffs of $2.20 or $2.10, and account adjustments that result in less than $1, are excluded from this offer.

betovernetcapper
08-02-2007, 02:31 PM
The 10% Mnr Fri is a good deal, but the one race rebate for AP is an insult. No wonder they call it CrapNet.

BillW
08-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Brisnet has done the single track/single day "rebate" since I've been a customer. I am a spot player, in the 6 or 7 years I've been a customer, I've never had a play that got a rebate.

Indulto
08-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Indulto -- that is a fantastic idea!Thanks, SJ. I hope the BrisBet promotion you shared takes off. Singling out the AP Million makes a lot of sense since I imagine it's the televised P4 that gets most of the play. This will encourage people to bet the Tri and Super on that race, especially if they're no longer live in the P4. Think of it as 10% more combinations FREE on the best turf race in the hemisphere!DO YOU THINK SOMEONE AT BRISBET OR CDI READS PACEADVANTAGE?I'm convinced they do, especially since rrpic6 posts here.

highnote
08-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Think of it as 10% more combinations FREE on the best turf race in the hemisphere!

10% is better than nothing.

Indulto
08-03-2007, 12:59 AM
10% is better than nothing.I wasn't knocking it. I'll take 55 combinations for $50 anytime.

highnote
08-03-2007, 01:52 AM
I wasn't knocking it. I'll take 55 combinations for $50 anytime.

I know you weren't. I was just agreeing with you. :ThmbUp:

trigger
08-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Daruty said TrackNet will continue to allow the high rollers to use computerized robotic wagering, a method of betting that uses sophisticated computer programs and requires a degree of access to the tote system.
“There are people out there that bet tens or hundreds of millions of dollars into racetrack pools, and they’re not racetrack guys. They’re financial or mathematical geniuses who have figured out a very sophisticated way of playing this game,” Daruty said. “These are guys I think we need to encourage.”
Daruty said TrackNet is developing standards to make sure the playing field is as level as possible for all bettors.
“There have been a lot of rumors out there about betting after the race has gone off. There have been rumors that the computer-assisted players get access to trifecta pools. That is not possible because that information is not carried in the tote, but we will impose requirements to make sure things like that can and won’t happen,” Daruty said. “Certainly there are late odd changes, signifying money coming in very close to the pool closing, but that is not only coming from the computer players. All these perceptions are important, and we have to address them because we want to make sure customers have confidence in the integrity of the pools.”
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/August/02/TrackNet-Media-reaches-agreement-with-offshore-betting-companies.aspx

Indulto
08-03-2007, 03:28 AM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/August/02/TrackNet-Media-reaches-agreement-with-offshore-betting-companies.aspxFrom the article:… Kirk Brooks, chief executive officer of RGS, said the agreement strikes a balance between the interests of tracks, horsemen, and the “unique customers that support racing at the highest level.”Hey EB, any relation?

ezrabrooks
08-03-2007, 11:17 AM
From the article:Hey EB, any relation?

No, not related to the Kirks'.

Ez

betovernetcapper
08-03-2007, 11:31 AM
“There are people out there that bet tens or hundreds of millions of dollars into racetrack pools, and they’re not racetrack guys. They’re financial or mathematical geniuses who have figured out a very sophisticated way of playing this game,” Daruty said. “These are guys I think we need to encourage.”

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/August/02/TrackNet-Media-reaches-agreement-with-offshore-betting-companies.aspx

What percentage of these entities betting millions per year are not elusive mathematical genius, but common variety bookmakers laying off their bets to RGS?
Thanks in advance for providing Da Facts.

Our Boy Chuck
08-03-2007, 11:47 AM
What percentage of these entities betting millions per year are not elusive mathematical genius, but common variety bookmakers laying off their bets to RGS?
Thanks in advance for providing Da Facts.

Ha -Ha. LIke that old song More than you know, More than you know

trigger
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
“There have been a lot of rumors out there about betting after the race has gone off. There have been rumors that the computer-assisted players get access to trifecta pools. That is not possible because that information is not carried in the tote, but we will impose requirements to make sure things like that can and won’t happen,” Daruty said. http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/August/02/TrackNet-Media-reaches-agreement-with-offshore-betting-companies.aspx

What in hell is Daruty talking about....if the trifecta pools are not in the tote system, where do the tracks get the info to post trifecta payoffs?

Premier Turf Club
08-03-2007, 12:06 PM
What in hell is Daruty talking about....if the trifecta pools are not in the tote system, where do the tracks get the info to post trifecta payoffs?

The payoffs come through after the race. What he is referring to is the tri probables or the amount bet on each runner in the trifecta pool.

He is right. That information is not in the tote feed. It's a common misperception re CRW players that they have access to tri and super information. They do not.

cj
08-03-2007, 12:12 PM
I know I have been at tracks that show the total amount bet in trifecta pools with each runner on top. Doesn't that mean at least some information is available?

As a side note, at The Curragh in Ireland, they show trifecta probables. Pretty sad that a small country like Ireland has a better tote system than we do.

Premier Turf Club
08-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I know I have been at tracks that show the total amount bet in trifecta pools with each runner on top. Doesn't that mean at least some information is available?

As a side note, at The Curragh in Ireland, they show trifecta probables. Pretty sad that a small country like Ireland has a better tote system than we do.

CJ, I'm sure you're right about on-track data but it's not in the Amtote feed.

I think some of the tote in this country dates back to the Carter administration. ;)

trigger
08-03-2007, 12:21 PM
The payoffs come through after the race. What he is referring to is the tri probables or the amount bet on each runner in the trifecta pool.

He is right. That information is not in the tote feed. It's a common misperception re CRW players that they have access to tri and super information. They do not.

Just a point of clarification....isn't the tri information in the tote system but is not in the tote feed to the host track? In other words, when one bets a tri at any track, otb, adw, the info automatically goes into the tote system when the bet is made, correct? If so, technically, the tri info is in the tote system (at least at the guest track,otb,adw).
So is what you are saying is that the tri info that resides in all the guest tracks',etc., tote systems is not transmitted to the host track via the tote feed until after the race is over?
Just trying to understand how the system works.

Premier Turf Club
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
It would have to be in the tote system in some form. I don't have any experience with on tract tote and coudln't offer an opinion. It is not in the off-track tote feed.

It's not in the Amtote feed (our current tote company), it wasn't in the specs for the Autotote feed (we negotaited with them earlier on), and it wasn't available through LVDC (United Tote if I recall) when I was playing CRW. Pool information on WPS, EX,QU,DD yes. On Tri,Super, Pk3,Pk4,PK6, no.

trigger
08-03-2007, 01:09 PM
It would have to be in the tote system in some form. I don't have any experience with on tract tote and coudln't offer an opinion. It is not in the off-track tote feed.

It's not in the Amtote feed (our current tote company), it wasn't in the specs for the Autotote feed (we negotaited with them earlier on), and it wasn't available through LVDC (United Tote if I recall) when I was playing CRW. Pool information on WPS, EX,QU,DD yes. On Tri,Super, Pk3,Pk4,PK6, no.

Thanks. Anybody out there familiar with the inner workings of the tote system?