PDA

View Full Version : TrackNet, TVG and Youbet strike a deal on Claiming Crown

NoCal Boy
07-26-2007, 09:23 PM
This can only be construed as a positive step. The horsemen were able to get TrackNet, TVG and Youbet to agree on the Claiming Crown and this will only help future negotiations. The article implies all commercial ADW's will have the signal, but does PTC have access to it? If not, why not?

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/July/26/Multiple-ADW-outlets-to-offer-Claiming-Crown.aspx

Premier Turf Club
07-26-2007, 09:26 PM
This can only be construed as a positive step. The horsemen were able to get TrackNet, TVG and Youbet to agree on the Claiming Crown and this will only help future negotiations. The article implies all commercial ADW's will have the signal, but does PTC have access to it? If not, why not?

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/July/26/Multiple-ADW-outlets-to-offer-Claiming-Crown.aspx

No, we do not. My guess is we wont.

NoCal Boy
07-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Makes no sense to me

LaughAndBeMerry
07-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Makes no sense to me

We don't give a crap about the customer. Bob Evans and Scott Daruty have already said that. You need an racing business to English dictionary.

A sample below.

Cooperate: To conspire to keep from distributing our product. To shut out any competitors we think could possibly make us look foolish.

Customers: Those dumb enough to wager on animals running around in circles. Something no one in racing would ever do.

Fan Friendly: any practices that will generate sufficient profits to pay big fat bonuses or drive up stock prices.

It would be cool if others came up with some of their own.

betovernetcapper
07-26-2007, 11:41 PM
How does denying the signal to PTC help the horseman? It doesn't.

As a PTC player learning that we won't be getting the sig my reaction is F**k em
I can live and prosper using the tracks we have.

MV McKee
07-27-2007, 12:40 AM
A few additional entries from the Racing-Real World Dictionary and Thesaurus:

Working Capitol - The profits of a Canadian based auto parts manufacturer.

Outcome Based Evaluation Process - Paper, Rock, Scissors.

Peter Principle - Translates verbatim, but it's relevance within the industry has ascended from colloquial principle to immutable law.

Rebate - Actually, a combination of two words meaning "A redhead female country singer existing in harmony with the Tao".

Distribution Channel - A specific man-made waterway located near the small town of Tribution.

Price Point - An economic formula intended to maximize profit over the next 24 hours while providing stability by minimizing the possibility of long-term growth.

Law of Supply and Demand - Theoretical axiom applicable only to industries outside of racing.

Omnipotence - The power of denial.

Necessary Evil - See "Customer".

Market survey - Process of identifying unjustified needs/desires within the customer base.

Long Term Growth - A corn or bunyon which has reached a diameter of >1cm.

Long Term Planning - Tomorrow's lunch menu at the Louisville Radisson.

NoCal Boy
07-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Here is an even more promising article.

http://www.hbpa.org/NewsDisplay.asp?STORYID=9395

trying2win
07-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Did you notice one paragraph in the Thoroughbred Times article?:

“Our horsemen in Kentucky and across the country couldn’t be happier that TrackNet Media responded to our request to share the Claiming Crown will all commercial advance deposit wagering companies,” said National HBPA President Joe Santanna. “I commend both TVG and Youbet.com for stepping up and buying those rights for their customers, and offering to contribute any profits back to Claiming Crown Ltd.”

--more specifically the part in the second line about who would be sharing the Claiming Crown...it says (I'm assuming the word 'will' was a typo, but the article said (about the sharing):

"will all commercial advance deposit wagering companies"

--Hello Joe Santanna!...Premier Turf Club is a legimate commercial advance deposit company. Could you please clarify your statement, because that supposed typo of the word 'will' is confusing me.:confused:

--Carlos Santana entertained us with "Black Magic Woman'. Is Joe Santanna trying to entertain us with some 'black magic' because of a supposed typo? :D

T2W

trying2win
07-27-2007, 02:10 AM
Here is an even more promising article.

http://www.hbpa.org/NewsDisplay.asp?STORYID=9395

Promising to who? Anyway, there was no typo in Joe Santanna's statement in the HBPA article. He clearly said who they will be sharing the Claiming Crown with:

"Joe Santanna, President and Chairman of the National HBPA said “Our horsemen in Kentucky and across the country couldn’t be happier that TrackNet Media responded to our request to share the Claiming Crown with all commercial advance deposit wagering companies. I commend both TVG and Youbet.com for stepping up and buying those rights for their customers – and offering to contribute any profits back to Claiming Crown, Ltd. While this may only be a small step forward toward solving the larger issues we’ve been addressing, such as content sharing, exclusivity and sublicensing fees, it certainly is a very big step forward.”

I'm no lawyer, but I can read in plain English what Joe Santanna said in the article about sharing the Claiming Crown... "with all commercial advance deposit wagering companies". Hello Joe! Have you got PREMIER TURF CLUB'S phone number so you can send the invitation? :D. I'll be looking forward to betting on the Claiming Crown events through PTC. You are a man of your word, aren't you Joe?

T2W

dutchboy
07-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Why in the world would anyone care about the claiming crown? A bunch of cheap lousy claiming horses running for an inflated purse. Waste of time, energy, money. etc.

betovernetcapper
07-27-2007, 09:32 PM
In the event anyone would like to bet a bunch of cheap lousy claiming horses running for an inflated purse, you might want to drop a line or make a call to Joe Santanna of the HPBA and ask why they are not selling the signal to America's ADW, PTC. For the life of me I can't see how withholding the signal from legal domestic ADWs helps the horseman.

Joe Santanna
717 652-5894
joepa24@aol.com

Kelso
07-28-2007, 01:46 AM
America's ADW, PTC

Ian,
After the missus is done ordering hats ... here's the t-shirt, courtesy of BONC.