PDA

View Full Version : Bogey and Bacall.....1946 "Dirty" Racing Talk

JustRalph
07-26-2007, 07:24 PM
This passes for racy dirty talk in the "The Big Sleep" from 1946.........Bogey and Bacall discuss what type of race they might run together.......... ;)

I watched this movie for about the tenth time last night........classic........I thought I would post the link in case any of the young ones hadn't seen it. The automobiles are great to see in this movie also. Every girl he runs into in the movie is a knockout too..........great stuff............

http://youtube.com/watch?v=glmdhH3aOug

From Wikipedia:

Bacall's agent requested that portions of the film be reshot to capitalize on her newly attained celebrity. Studio head Jack Warner agreed, and new material, such as the suggestive "horse racing" scene, was added (even though, contextually, it makes no sense whatsoever). Parts of the ending were also reshot, with Peggy Knudsen in the part of Mona Mars, as the original actress, Pat Clark, was unavailable. While there is only a difference of two minutes in the run time of both versions, there is over twenty minutes of different footage between them. In its revised form, The Big Sleep made its theatrical debut on 23 August 1946.

Tom
07-26-2007, 09:22 PM
I love Bogey movies!