PDA

View Full Version : NYRA Rewards Internet Wageing

AQUEBUCKS
07-26-2007, 10:34 AM
I've been frequenting Belmont Park this season-for the first time in many years, due mostly to the great weather we've been having in NY this summer.

So nowadays to bet at the track you have to have a wagering card/NYRA account card or wait in line to bet or use a voucher. But if you have a signer, it's too long a wait for me. So I signed-up for the NYRA Rewards account (I think I had one a decade ago, but never used it) Swipe your card to deposit vouchers, make bets, withdrawals etc... OK...My jaws dropped when I got home and logged in to their website. Have you ever seen anything that bad? Especially compared to Brisbet/Youbet etc...

My next trip to the track I decided to convey some of my thoughts to their management. They welcomed my criticism and suggestions; however, the old "it is what it is" mentality concluded our conversation. They mentioned that it was a work-in-progress web site "no work no progress." I also inquired about $.10 Supers $.50 Pick-Fours (Ellis) etc... Their reply...That's not ever gonna happen here...

Can someone here please tell me what kind of Business mentality they have? I just cannot believe in this day and age that this could happen, compared to what every other racing jurisdiction is offering. And I'm talking about Other NY racing venues.

prospector
07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
they have no incentive to change

as long as people bet (support them) it'll stay the same..

i'd like to bet delmar..could with another account i have, but i won't..as long as they keep out PTC, they don't get my $$
i may be wrong, but i'm making my stand..

ihatenyra
07-26-2007, 10:05 PM
I've seen better stuff on 8th grade projects than the nyra wagering website. I mean what major organization develops a site like that, adding one working piece at a time? You get every feature working then go live, not before.

Zman179
07-27-2007, 03:43 PM
My next trip to the track I decided to convey some of my thoughts to their management. They welcomed my criticism and suggestions; however, the old "it is what it is" mentality concluded our conversation. They mentioned that it was a work-in-progress web site "no work no progress." I also inquired about $.10 Supers $.50 Pick-Fours (Ellis) etc... Their reply...That's not ever gonna happen here...

Can someone here please tell me what kind of Business mentality they have? I just cannot believe in this day and age that this could happen, compared to what every other racing jurisdiction is offering. And I'm talking about Other NY racing venues.

NYCOTB has the same mentality. They probably figure that if they don't offer it, then neither will we. I can walk to Belmont and I have zero intention in opening a NYRA Rewards account. I'll stick with Brisbet.

alysheba88
07-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Who in management did you contact?

AQUEBUCKS
07-28-2007, 09:15 AM
One schmuck answered the "red" phone and passed me on to another schmuck who answered my questions.

samyn on the green
07-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Whats so bad about the internet site? It works great for me. I punch in the wager and I get paid when it wins. Everytime I have used it it has worked well. What more could you ask for?

PaceAdvantage
07-29-2007, 02:02 AM
One schmuck answered the "red" phone and passed me on to another schmuck who answered my questions.

That was helpful.

AQUEBUCKS
07-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Sorry for the cynicism, just venting my frustration with the lackadaisical response I received. It was on a Saturday; maybe you have to go to the track on a Tuesday to talk to someone who might have a clue.