PDA

View Full Version : Expressbet Video Cut to 4 1/2 hrs/mo. ?

Hosshead
07-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Don't know if this was mentioned in another thread somewhere or not.

Went onto Expressbet (account there) to just watch a race.
Couldn't get video.
Called them and was told that they are limiting video to 4.5 hr/mo.,
no matter how much you bet. (not enough bandwidth to go around)
However, after you make a bet, they will allow you to watch video starting at 3 min. to post only.

So just having an account with them no longer gets you video.

rrbauer
07-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Nothing new here given Magna's propensity to shoot itself in the foot.

garyoz
07-23-2007, 09:51 AM
This will just push everyone to AmericaTab (BrisBet, WinTicket, etc.) since they now have the same menu as XpressBet. This is crazy. Can't believe they would be this stupid.

point given
07-23-2007, 10:26 AM
This will just push everyone to AmericaTab (BrisBet, WinTicket, etc.) since they now have the same menu as XpressBet. This is crazy. Can't believe they would be this stupid.

Magna's stupidity knows no bounds :lol: :lol: :lol: They are the model :lol:

Tom
07-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Fan-friendly, customer focused.:rolleyes:

billrock
07-23-2007, 11:06 AM
I just called Xpressbet, and they said if you wager $100 per month, you will get 4.5 hrs. of video. Otherwise, if you bet a race, they will show you that race. They said they had too many people betting $2 a day and watching $200 worth of video a day.

NoCal Boy
07-23-2007, 11:37 AM
The website traffic rankings show TVG and Youbet blowing away XpressBet and the others. Another indication of how stupid Magna is about this business.

When will they wise up and leave TrackNet? They can cut the same signal fee deals as a standalone with Youbet and probably PTC.

Bunch of nuts, but hopefully they will come to their senses soon.

Zman179
07-23-2007, 11:39 AM
So let me get this straight. You can wager $500 on a single card, but if you've used up your 4½ hours of bandwidth, you'll only get video from 3 mtp. What about those who watch the horses warming up? What about finding out about late changes from the track announcer? What about a sudden deluge that turns the track from rock hard fast to a sea of slop (Saratoga is famous for that)?

With all of the different ADW's out there, is there a reason to keep XpressBet? If they want to keep the freeloaders off, then they need to establish wagering limits like AmericaTab so that those who bet often can keep uninterrupted video. This new policy only alienates their loyal customers.

Ron
07-23-2007, 12:42 PM
I just called Xpressbet, and they said if you wager $100 per month, you will get 4.5 hrs. of video. Otherwise, if you bet a race, they will show you that race. They said they had too many people betting $2 a day and watching $200 worth of video a day.

How much to wager to get unlimited video? There has to be a way to get unlimited video!

Hosshead
07-23-2007, 05:58 PM
How much to wager to get unlimited video? There has to be a way to get unlimited video!
I asked.
Doesn't matter how much you bet per mo..
And after your 4.5 hrs/mo. are up, you only get video 3mtp AFTER you bet.

So what other sites (can I move my account to), that have ALL the Magna tracks AND video ?

----- Hoss

Hosshead
07-23-2007, 06:24 PM
So what other sites (can I move my account to), that have ALL the Magna tracks AND video ?

Any suggestions?
Should have added:-- I'm in Calif.

-------- Hoss

titans1127
07-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I used to use Xpressbet just for video and no betting for probably 2 years. The beginning of this year is when I noticed the quotas in place. Eventually I could only watch 5 minutes worth of video before being restriced to having to bet on a race to watch it. Its a joke. The quota would reset a month from the date I reached it. This month however, I reached my quota without never watching a second of video. It told me right away I reached my quota and would have my account re-evaluated on August 8th. I guess I cant reccommend Xpressbetat all from my experience. I just stick to youbet.net and the CBS Sportsline website if I want to watch the races.

Ron
07-23-2007, 11:11 PM
I used to use Xpressbet just for video and no betting for probably 2 years. The beginning of this year is when I noticed the quotas in place. Eventually I could only watch 5 minutes worth of video before being restriced to having to bet on a race to watch it. Its a joke. The quota would reset a month from the date I reached it. This month however, I reached my quota without never watching a second of video. It told me right away I reached my quota and would have my account re-evaluated on August 8th. I guess I cant reccommend Xpressbetat all from my experience. I just stick to youbet.net and the CBS Sportsline website if I want to watch the races.

Seems like you're just the type of customer they wanted to chase away anyway.

bigmack
07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Seems like you're just the type of customer they wanted to chase away anyway.
I never thought it would happen. You made me laugh. We'll no doubt be having a hurricane in SoCal sometime soon as well.

jfb
07-24-2007, 04:16 AM
I have spoken with several people at Xpressbet including their CEO. They had suffered a server meltdown during a big race day. After learning that their head tech guy did not show up that day and quit, I suggested they get more professional help.

In the course of the conversation I tried to tell how they might focus more on the bettors' concerns. The CEO responded with "how do you like our beat the host contest?"

They do not get it.

parlay
07-24-2007, 08:54 AM
20k a day and WEG will not provide video!
Canadians are blocked from Sportsline and
ESPN streaming of ubet, excluded from
opening accounts with U.S ADW'S.
Yes its the Canadian way, give them a
monopoly and screw the consumer. Just
look at our wireless industry. Our cable, internet
and wireless rates are some
of the highest in the world. Its the old boys
club making sure they stay rich. 4% pick4 at
Ellis, not if you bet it through WEG. The slots
just aren't enough, they need there minimum takeout.
What a bunch of losers.

cj
07-24-2007, 10:04 AM
I wonder when Vegas will follow suit and start demanding I pay to watch a few hands of blackjack?