PDA

View Full Version : From the DU: Bush Determined to Strike in U.S.

JustRalph
07-23-2007, 01:34 AM
I like reading the Dem Underground sometimes..............just for fun. But sometimes they have a thread or two that reveals much about those who participate in the board. I found this one interesting............I thought maybe some of you might find it interesting too............

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1399977

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2007, 01:49 AM
With all this TALK you'd think someone would grow some balls and do something already. If these folks REALLY believe that Bush Admin = Hitler and all the other nonsense that has been bandied about lately, why are they all wasting their time posting on the Internet (especially posting on the OFF TOPIC section of a HORSE RACING BOARD)?

Oh, I know why. It must be that ol' All Talky, No Ballsy thing I've read so much about. In fact, I believe this is the OFFICIAL SLOGAN of the recently installed, Democratically led Congress - All Talky, No Ballsy.

Goes side by side with my other slogan invention:

U.S.A. & G.W.B. - Terror Free since 2001

rastajenk
07-23-2007, 07:52 AM
I sometimes suck it up and wander into DU, usually I can't get past the first few handfuls of comments...just too deranged and unhinged sometimes. Here I see they're citing Paul Roberts as some sort of expert just because they found a Reagan guy who's just as unhinged as they are (I think there are some posters here at PA who like to mention Roberts as a voice of reason). I look at DailyKos more than DU, but it's a similar vein of sickly goo.

This poster warns of Bush trying to take "permanent control." I heard the same crap about Clinton eight years ago, how the only way he could redeem himself from the impeachment would be to heroically manage some extreme crisis and manage to stay in power until the job was done. Didn't happen then, won't happen this time The lengths these people go to worry themselves sick about goofy stuff is always remarkable. :faint:

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2007, 07:51 PM
You seem to hear something about President's "extending their terms" whenever a "two termer's" tour of duty is winding down. I remember hearing about changing the Constitution when Reagan was getting ready to leave, and the Clinton thing that you pointed out....

Let's face it...many people are bored to tears when it comes to daily life, and the Internet allows them to open up a whole new realm of fantasy play....

JustRalph
07-23-2007, 08:10 PM
and the beat goes on...........

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1405625

Now they are freedom fighters................. :lol:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1407488#1407721

Tom
07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
This is a big topic on the Randi Rhodes Trailer Park Trash Raido Pogram on Airhead America, sponsored by Al Qeda, "You're in good hands with Al Qeda!"

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Now they are freedom fighters................. :lol:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1407488#1407721

Apparently these DU posters aren't inspired enough by these freedom fighters, because all they do is sit on their DUmb asses posting away on the Internet, instead of actually doing something about what they perceive as some mega-conspiracy.

And for all those who have been alive for more than 10 years, we've all heard about these Presidential "signing statements" before, supposedly foretelling some dasterdly deeds....I heard it about Reagan, Clinton, Bush1, and now Bush2.

I remember reading about "American Concentration Camps" somewhere in the mid west on the internet 10 years ago....lol And how about the Denver Airport....some real scary shit over there....lol

Yes, the plan is all coming together now....too bad those geniuses at the DU have "found us out" :lol:

ddog
07-24-2007, 12:55 AM
I have no idea and no interest to know what "they" said.
With that said, I didn't think anyone would be light headed enough to applaud or dismiss this habit of signing stmts by any of them.

What that is basically doing is saying that I am the Prez,make that King and therefore I can sign this into law, but while YOU must abide I do not have to.

That is only one of the founding principles of the country and I can't believe any sober person either left - right - internet whatever would applaud or dismiss these as some kooky (pick a wing) nothing to it practice.

Sadly the rhetoric used here is in evidence everywhere.
people will say anything no matter what rubish to no good effect.
But that is also a founding principle so more power to ya.

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm not applauding or dismissing these signing statement, because quite frankly, I don't have the time to read up on all of them...

What I am doing is relating the fact that "scary stuff" has been bandied about past administrations and their "signing statements" to no end.

Maybe this time the "Chicken Little / Crying Wolf" types are correct. If so, I apologize for being lazy and not having the time to read every signing statement coming off the President's desk.

Want to know more about signing statements? I did, so I went here:

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/signingstatements.php#q3

bigmack
07-24-2007, 01:19 AM
This is a big topic on the Randi Rhodes Trailer Park Trash Raido Pogram on Airhead America, sponsored by Al Qeda, "You're in good hands with Al Qeda!"
I can only imagine the faces you must make while embroiled in the throws of listening to Randi Rhodes.

Shock
Awe
Confused
Un-surprised
Laughing your ass off :lol: