PDA

View Full Version : R2R Hurt?

Tom
07-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Apparently, the jock bailed off Rags to Riches during a workout today. They did not find any problem, but are concerned.......just heard the tail end of the talk on HRTV. Wait and see.....

DanG
07-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Apparently, the jock bailed off Rags to Riches during a workout today. They did not find any problem, but are concerned.......just heard the tail end of the talk on HRTV. Wait and see.....
Tom,

She probably hit the ejector seat. She is as mean as a snake.

DanG
07-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Pulled up Tom…

Yikes…

OTM Al
07-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Pulled up and then after being checked out was allowed to gallop another 1/2 mile and go back to the stall. Sounds like she's probably just fine

Zman179
07-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Pulled up and then after being checked out was allowed to gallop another 1/2 mile and go back to the stall. Sounds like she's probably just fine

Which means that she'll be retired as a result.

OTM Al
07-22-2007, 09:10 PM
She's a female, which means her breeding value is considerably less than a stallion...maybe one baby a year as opposed to over 100. She'll be back.

Zman179
07-23-2007, 08:38 AM
She's a female, which means her breeding value is considerably less than a stallion...maybe one baby a year as opposed to over 100. She'll be back.

100 babies a year and she'll be wishing that she was running in 4,000 claimers at Fairmount.

KingChas
07-25-2007, 12:38 PM
She ran the race of her lifetime eyeball to eyeball with one of the best 3 year old colts in the country.
Will she ever be the same?
I doubt that we shall ever get to see that. :eek:

bigmack
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
http://channels.bloodhorse.com/images/content/RagsToRichesBelmontJS.jpg

Rags to Riches OK; Returns to Training
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Rags to Riches was declared fit and ready to resume training July 30 with a start in the Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 18 still a possibility.

The first filly in 102 years to win the Belmont galloped at Belmont Park July 30, and trainer Todd Pletcher said Rags to Riches will gallop again July 31 before being shipped to Saratoga.

“She'll resume training and we'll go from there,” Pletcher said outside his Saratoga barn after receiving the news from Dr. Paul Thorpe, the attending veterinarian for the filly's owners Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith. “Like I said all along, I knew there was nothing dramatically wrong the filly. Obviously, we are going to take every precaution we could, and we have.”

http://racing.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=39972

Horsefan
07-30-2007, 03:24 PM
The commentator on the ABC Whitney program said that she was going to continue to race as a four year old as well:ThmbUp:

JustRalph
07-30-2007, 04:40 PM
I want to know what they were looking for? I have yet to find anything specific mentioned as a malady? Kind of weird..........I bet they spent 20 grand working her up.................

OTM Al
07-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Guess it was why she seemed to act strangely in the workout. Anything that may have been causing her discomfort. Maybe she just didn't feel like it that day. Maybe she had a tummy ache. Who knows, and we may never know, but hopefully she is as well as they think she is.

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2007, 10:16 PM
If Lukas trained this horse, there would probably be calls to retire her now, since it's obvious she "just doesn't want to race anymore" ala Lady's Secret....:rolleyes:

KingChas
07-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Maybe she just didn't feel like it that day.

Typical Woman :p

They should send her to DWL and retire her.............. :lol: :lol: