PDA

View Full Version : Rosecroft Trots: 1% Takeout (On-Track Only)

Zman179
07-21-2007, 05:22 PM
From harnessracing.com
(I know that this should belong in the trotter section, but this is hot news.)

Rosecroft lowers to a 1-percent takeout on August Saturdays
July 20, 2007

For the first time in the industry, Rosecroft Raceway will reduce the on-track commission on live racing to just one percent on Saturdays during the month of August. The promotion will entail higher payouts on all winning wagers placed on live harness racing held at Rosecroft Raceway.

Beginning this week, the live racing schedule will change from Monday evenings to Tuesday; first post is set for 5:35 p.m. Saturday evening racing will continue as is, with post time set for 7:20 p.m.

http://www.harnessracing.com/news_detailed.php?id=7511

trigger
07-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Although not a harness aficionado, I hope this proves very successful. The people at the track should be rewarded much more than currently versus the internet crowd.

point given
07-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Although not a harness aficionado, I hope this proves very successful. The people at the track should be rewarded much more than currently versus the internet crowd.

I've been espousing this on track lower takeout for a while now. Since tracks get a greater % on live ontrack handle , it only makes sense to get the customer back to the track . Naturally, the track will also see alot of other areas , like food /drink , programs, admission etc go up as well, just like the good old days. It really is a no brainer to me, since they can leverage their product . If this idea takes hold, the ADW's will be left holding a diminishing bag and they might just agree on something. :eek:

horsetalk
07-21-2007, 10:13 PM
How does the track alter the payout to reflect the lower takeout?

Does that mean the horse pays one price at the track and another at Tvg?

K9Pup
07-21-2007, 10:57 PM

I would assume there is only one payout. But wagers placed offtrack have 18-20% take, wagers made at the track have 1%. So even the offtrack bettors benefit from the lower take at the track.

Zman179
07-21-2007, 11:37 PM

The way the press release reads, the 1% takeout only applies to on-track wagers. Therefore, the rake will be the regular 17-25% for off-track wagers, thus lower payouts for off-track wagers. This can easily be done via net pool pricing.

cj
07-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm not sure risking a trip to Oxen Hill late at night is worth the reduction in the take.

rcknhrse
07-22-2007, 12:39 AM
they could have 0 takeout at rosecroft you are still going to lose unless you are in on the fix.they can have boxing matches ,concerts car shows ,clowns,circus acts,singers from the 1960's ,whatever ,to attract customers untill they clean up their act they wont be running 1 day aweek let alone 2.

Kelso
07-22-2007, 03:02 AM

Just a guess, but I think the track will simply add the amount of the reduction to the published payout.

In a pool with 20% take, the at-the-window payout would be $6.38 on a 2-1 winner. The ADWs, simulcasting centers, OTBs and DRF would show the standard $6.00 payout.

Hey PA ... Ellis, Laurel and now Rosecroft. Has your pack of bomb-throwers, rabbel-rousers and assorted malcontents started something here? :jump:

Kelso
07-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Just a guess, but I think the track will simply add the amount of the reduction to the published payout.

What a half-assed guess this was ... accounted for only the wager portion of the payoff, NOT THE WINNINGS!

D'OH!!

(Anybody got a formula that actually works for this situation?)

SMOO
07-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Any reduction in takeout is always good news. :ThmbUp: