PDA

View Full Version : Friday - DEL MAR Race 7 - entry scratch

ponyplayerdotca
07-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Did advanced computer betting on a scratched entry influence the low odds?

Did anyone else think it was strange that in the 7th race at Del Mar Friday (The CTBA STAKES), the #2 entry, represented only by #2 BILLIE BOB (#2B ONE HOT WISH scratched) still went off at the 9-5 favorite ahead of 2-1 #9 TREADMILL?

I figured all the money on the 2 entry was for ONE HOT WISH, the Keeneland speedster who won by 12 lengths in her debut. BILLIE BOB's 2-race record was less than that stellar in comparison IMO.

My only conclusion was that many "blind computer bettors" had already wired their money in automatically on #2, figuring they were getting ONE HOT WISH. So is this a rare case where computer program wagering actually HELPED what should have been the favorite go off at a higher price?

Good4Now
07-21-2007, 12:27 PM
they line up on the same horse and are wrong it HELPS!

Have you ever seen some of those huge show payoffs on the South American races over at HRTV?

YA' gotta wonder, where did they get the MONEY in the frst place!

Ron
07-21-2007, 12:43 PM
When did the horse scratch anyway? Youbet didn't show ONE HOT WISH as a scratch until after the race went off.

ponyplayerdotca
07-21-2007, 01:30 PM
ONE HOT WISH was announced scratched half an hour before race 1 on the card (when they announced all of the early changes).

That's another reason I figured blind advanced wagering was responsible.

Drew
07-21-2007, 01:38 PM
They were touting the #2 very heavily based on Gary Stevens working the horse on TVG. That had to help the horse being bet also.

Imriledup
07-22-2007, 02:23 AM
When did the horse scratch anyway? Youbet didn't show ONE HOT WISH as a scratch until after the race went off.

I saw that too. Youbet didn't recognize the horse was scratched until they hit the wire. Then, magically, there was a red line through the horse. Thanks Youbet, you guys are really on top of things.:sleeping: