PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I think is interesting for the day

the_fat_man
07-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Screw all the POLY and DELMAR interest.

Screw the tech versus non tech debate.

Screw all the reduced takeout scrambling.

etc.

There's a noteworthy happening today: R ROJAS is NOT riding Joyeux Ruler (Bel R1).

That's right the jockey who

1) consistently goes to the whip the quickest ---NO NOT the turn for Raul but the BACKSTRETCH

2) loves whipping the neck (bet JR will really appreciate the lack of neck pounding today)

3) is decidedly non Euclidean in a (at this level) Euclidean world ---in other words, the dude NEVER takes a straight (or consistent in terms of velocity) path

So, a number of questions will be answered today

1) does Joyeux Ruler need to be pounded from the early backstretch and on in order to run a competitive race

1A) does JR run better when she's not pounded on the neck with the whip

2) is JR capable of running a straight path and one in which she actually runs evenly rather than in spurts--- hard to believe she has finished as well as she has in some of her races as she's typically been in a drive from the backstretch

3) how long before JOTB or some of the others feel the need to post complaining that TFM is being overly critical of yet another jock

On a secondary note, I'll be checking to see if J L Rivera manages to keep the shirt tail in. :lol:

classhandicapper
07-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm passing, but I think Legislady and OBGYN also fit well here. I'd probably lean towards Legislady at the price, but think your horse may be more likely to at least fire a good race. Then again, I stink at turf racing. ;)

classhandicapper
07-19-2007, 01:07 PM
That race collapsed pretty badly.

I think you can make a pretty good case that Chicago's Girl would have won if she didn't get stopped.

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
4) Who cares?

the_fat_man
07-19-2007, 01:16 PM
3 points

1) didn't bet the horse: yielding turf is too difficult to deal with --- was just interested in her ride

2) my apologies to RR ---this horse was just as rank and difficult to ride with Cornelio up ---she's obviously a handful

2) Willi's Sweet Girl was the 3rd winner to come out of the Wingspan race: Jankanoo Party was a bomb; Lahudood won the other day; and Borrowing Base ran 2nd at 7:1. Not bad for a 7 horse field.

the_fat_man
07-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks for stopping by, Bill

come back again with one of your $5.00 exacta locks:lol:

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 01:21 PM
E' scsue me while I whip dis out....Head to head fat boy, i be burnin' yo cellulite ass into de mo fo grouound.

classhandicapper
07-19-2007, 01:26 PM
3 points

2) Willi's Sweet Girl was the 3rd winner to come out of the Wingspan race: Jankanoo Party was a bomb; Lahudood won the other day; and Borrowing Base ran 2nd at 7:1. Not bad for a 7 horse field.

The top 2 out of that race were monsters. JP came back to beat decent field, but she at least showed some speed in there. BB dropped in class.

Today's race pretty much collapsed (which I defintely didn't foresee). I'm not sure you can conclude much from that result on a yielding turf.

the_fat_man
07-19-2007, 01:36 PM
E' scsue me while I whip dis out....Head to head fat boy, i be burnin' yo cellulite ass into de mo fo grouound.

Not interested, Bill

what is this fixation so many on this forum seem to have with the FATMAN?

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 01:38 PM
It is curious, I admit. I get the feeling that you are some NYC wise guy. But then again, I may be wrong.

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Nice call.

DanG
07-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Not interested, Bill

what is this fixation so many on this forum seem to have with the FATMAN?
LOL… :lol:

Admit it Fats…You love the attention!

I do have to whip out my ‘street dictionary to decipher Bills post!

Bill Olmsted ~ E' scsue me while I whip dis out....Head to head fat boy, i be burnin' yo cellulite ass into de mo fo grouound.
You never quite know where a fat Man thread is heading…It’s like a drag race without tightening the lug nuts. :jump:

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Dare to be fat....
Fat is where it's at

Tom
07-19-2007, 02:03 PM
It's a lot like stepping in something.
You don't enjoy it, but it requires your attention for a while! :lol::lol::lol:

Calm down...just kidding!

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Tom, did you used to subscribe to the C&O Report? I recoginze your place of residence.

delayjf
07-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I do have to whip out my ‘street dictionary to decipher Bills post!

DanG,

If you have not already go rent, "Blazing Saddles" it may go down as the most politically incorrect movie ever. But watch it alone, so as not to offend.

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 02:30 PM
You got it!

tomcalta
07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
you guys are great entertainment. I work a horrible job but reading threads like these make my day. Thanks.

Tom
07-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Tom, did you used to subscribe to the C&O Report? I recoginze your place of residence.

Yes - that's me.
And most of your other stuff, too.
You had a big hand in shaping my handicapping philosophy and methods.
I still use the spirit of the Main Speed Method as a routine pace analyis tool.
In fact, I am working on my Saratoga db this very minute, updating my pace pars for next week.

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
That is truly great to hear.

classhandicapper
07-19-2007, 03:14 PM
The_Fat_Man went out of his way to privately let me know he liked Mercy's Delight in the 5th at Belmont and why. I'd like to publicly thank him for the $24 winner and exacta on a race I would have otherwise passed. :jump:

Now if numbers guys would at least listen to some of his trip insights and he would stop ridiculing all the numbers, we might all benefit. ;)

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 03:16 PM
I love numbers. But this PRIVATE crap is beyond the pale.

the_fat_man
07-19-2007, 03:22 PM

On a secondary note, I'll be checking to see if J L Rivera manages to keep the shirt tail in. :lol:

This wasn't PRIVATE at all.

And, for the record, Rivera still couldn't keep his shirt in. :lol:

cj
07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
The_Fat_Man went out of his way to privately let me know he liked Mercy's Delight in the 5th at Belmont and why. I'd like to publicly thank him for the $24 winner and exacta on a race I would have otherwise passed. :jump:

Now if numbers guys would at least listen to some of his trip insights and he would stop ridiculing all the numbers, we might all benefit. ;)

I'm sure you also know the horse figured prominently on numbers.

Bill Olmsted
07-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I stand corrected...inspected....and rejected

You can get anything you want.......

classhandicapper
07-19-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm sure you also know the horse figured prominently on numbers.

Yes, I did consider that before pulling the trigger.

I like being in both camps. :jump:

classhandicapper
07-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Touted me on to Innovator in the 7th at Bemont. That makes him 2 for 2 for the day with spot plays. :ThmbUp:

the_fat_man
07-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Terrible ride by Rojas. He goes from drafting nicely behind horses to widest on the turn and moving PREMATURELY. If he just sits until they enter, he wins for fun. He's lucky the 10 is a big time hanger. As it is, he needlessly overused the horse.

And, at 5:2, we need to throw this one back.

classhandicapper
07-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Terrible ride by Rojas. He goes from drafting nicely behind horses to widest on the turn and moving PREMATURELY. If he just sits until they enter, he wins for fun. He's lucky the 10 is a big time hanger. As it is, he needlessly overused the horse.

And, at 5:2, we need to throw this one back.

Yea, but I got $9.40 at the Exchange. :lol:

DanG
07-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Touted me on to Innovator in the 7th at Bemont. That makes him 2 for 2 for the day with spot plays. :ThmbUp:
Sounds to me like Class owes Fats a finder’s fee here! ;)

Nice work Fats!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

delayjf ~ If you have not already go rent, "Blazing Saddles" it may go down as the most politically incorrect movie ever. But watch it alone, so as not to offend.
Thanks Delay…I really am getting forgetful…I’ve seen Blazing Saddles several times and didn’t make the connection.

Signed;

Hedley Lamarr

PS: That was a scary 2/5 in the 8th at Belmont!!! :eek: