PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar to use Trakus

rrbauer
07-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Maybe I missed this, or maybe it just got lost in all the polytrack news, but according to the Del Mar web site they will be using Trakus there just as Keeneland did. It will replace the 1-2-3-4 placings on the video feed during the running of the race.

BillW
07-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I saw that too. It seemed to be kept kind of quiet. Specially since it's primarily a marketing tool.

Zoocapper
07-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I like the idea of this Trakus. It will take the guesswork out of beaten lengths etc. etc.

trigger
07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
also, it helps greatly in finding your horse on TV via the chicklets especially in big fields and your horse is a (potential) closer.

rrbauer
07-18-2007, 10:14 PM
also, it helps greatly in finding your horse on TV via the chicklets especially in big fields and your horse is a (potential) closer.
They didn't show the Trakus (ala Keeneland) horse identification on the TVG video today. They did have the Trakus charts with the individual times to the various points of call on the Del Mar web site.

I was looking forward to the video which as trigger points out is a great help in finding your horse especially in big fields.

point given
07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Youbet feed had the Trakus on screen.

The one thing that you will not see now is the late odds changes when they make the turn for home though since the Trakus doesnot have the odds. It's a conspiracy !

Greyfox
07-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Woodbine uses trackus right to the finish line.
For whatever reason, Del Mar does not. They are not shown down the stretch.

BillW
07-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Woodbine uses trackus right to the finish line.
For whatever reason, Del Mar does not. They are not shown down the stretch.

Trakus isn't accurate enough to show up to the finishline. I saw a race at Keeneland the first weekend of the Trakus implementation last year where the chicklets finished in reverse of their 4 legged counterparts. Keeneland almost immediately started stopping the chicklet display just prior to the finish.

garyoz
07-19-2007, 11:06 AM
They didn't show the Trakus (ala Keeneland) horse identification on the TVG video today.

It was funny how the TVG hosts couldn't interprete the Trakus data. Didn't seem as if they understood the concept of ground loss.

pressman
07-19-2007, 11:25 AM
I didnt understand it either In one race a horse finished last beaten 30.5 lengths yet covered 30 feet less ground Cant believe it

garyoz
07-19-2007, 12:48 PM
That is a slow horse. When horses are what used to be called "outdistanced" they normally run close to the rail. The winner in this case probably made a move in an outside path on the turn.

GMB@BP
07-19-2007, 02:54 PM
I thought it was interesting that most of the winners actually covered more ground, I think I checked 7 of the races.

JustRalph
07-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Trakus isn't accurate enough to show up to the finishline. I saw a race at Keeneland the first weekend of the Trakus implementation last year where the chicklets finished in reverse of their 4 legged counterparts. Keeneland almost immediately started stopping the chicklet display just prior to the finish.

that was great! I thought the crowd was going to riot! :lol: