PDA

View Full Version : Premier Turf Club Introduces Conditional Betting

Premier Turf Club
07-17-2007, 08:53 PM
The Future of Internet Wagering is Now…

Premier Turf Club is pleased to announce the release of its conditional wagering software. We believe this feature will revolutionize the way handicapper’s play the game.

Using our proprietary conditional betting queue, a player will be able to load in a series of wagers at any time during the day and set minimum odds conditions for each one. At 45 seconds to post, the software will compare the minimum odds or price against the actual information received from the tote and will either submit the wager if the condition is met, or reject the wager if it is not. A future release will allow the player to set the merge times on a track-by-track basis. The queue will work for any wager where there is live price data, meaning that a player can load up win bets, exactas, daily doubles and quinellas with minimum thresholds that must be satisfied. The software accepts odds inputs on straight wagers, and $2 payoff prices for exotics. Never again will you be forced to accept an underlaid price on a horse bet down dramatically from the morning line. You’ll also never have to say again, “if I knew that 6-1 ML horse was going to pay $30 I would have played him.”

Please feel free to contact me at ian@premierturfclub.com, or through this board, or apply for your account on-line at www.premierturfclub.com (http://www.premierturfclub.com/).

Once again, we thank the community of players in general and the members of Pace Advantage specifically for all their support.

Ian Meyers

betovernetcapper
07-17-2007, 09:53 PM
I just checked out the new feature. You click on bet type-amount-horse number-just like any other ADW betting site and then there's this amazing little box-it says
Min.Odds/Payoff?
and you can enter your minimum-what's the least you'll take
In all my years of betting, I don't think I've ever been asked that.
The moon landing pales in significance.

Maji
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Ian,

The more I read about your features, the more I admire your efforts and hard work.

Is the following feature or do you plan to make it available soon...

I usually play a 4 horse boxed trifecta. However, sometimes there are scratches and I am not there to add another horse to that box. Can you have a condition, where if one or more horses get scratched in a box, there are alternates which can be added to box based on a ranking. For example, the original box was horse nos. 3, 5, 7, 9, with alt. 1, 4, 6 ranked in order of preference. So, if say 7 is scratched, 1 gets in. If 3 and 7 get scratched, 1 and 4 get in... so on and so forth.

Same thing applies for boxed pick3s. I play 2 horse boxes, so if one or more are scratched, the alternates can replace them. This can also be done for a single WPS type of betting. If the primary selection gets scratched, then the alternate will be the bet.

Thanks for your effort.

kenwoodallpromos
07-18-2007, 12:01 AM
I will check it out closely as I am a "situational" and probability handicapper.

Premier Turf Club
07-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Ian,

The more I read about your features, the more I admire your efforts and hard work.

Is the following feature or do you plan to make it available soon...

I usually play a 4 horse boxed trifecta. However, sometimes there are scratches and I am not there to add another horse to that box. Can you have a condition, where if one or more horses get scratched in a box, there are alternates which can be added to box based on a ranking. For example, the original box was horse nos. 3, 5, 7, 9, with alt. 1, 4, 6 ranked in order of preference. So, if say 7 is scratched, 1 gets in. If 3 and 7 get scratched, 1 and 4 get in... so on and so forth.

Same thing applies for boxed pick3s. I play 2 horse boxes, so if one or more are scratched, the alternates can replace them. This can also be done for a single WPS type of betting. If the primary selection gets scratched, then the alternate will be the bet.

Thanks for your effort.

Maji,
I will ask my tech guys how much work it would be to do this. My guess is its pretty heavy progrmming but I'll inquire and then try to guage how much demand there is for it.

prospector
07-18-2007, 09:35 AM
what about dutch wins? i figured out i can do it by placing two bets instead of one, but i'm lazy...

if you be taking it down also for place and show bets? i could see this being a major tool for show bets...

either way..this is great...

Premier Turf Club
07-18-2007, 11:53 AM
what about dutch wins? i figured out i can do it by placing two bets instead of one, but i'm lazy...

if you be taking it down also for place and show bets? i could see this being a major tool for show bets...

either way..this is great...

We've got a dutching algortihm as part of a giant analytics module that will be available within 30 days. We have had request for conditional place/show wagers using a % of pool as the condition. If there is enough interest we can probably add this in.

Ian

GameTheory
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
On your betting history report, if you made a conditional wager with an odds minimum, it should show you your bet/min odds (and how close to PT it made the bet) and the actual final odds. It should also show you the bets it didn't make because they didn't meet the minimum and the final odds for those as well. If possible...

ponypro
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Very Cool, That qualifies as "Innovation" and it comes from an experienced horseplayer, not an accountant.

Premier Turf Club
07-18-2007, 02:46 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Premier Turf Club is pleased to announce the release of its conditional wagering software. This revolutionary software is accessible to all Premier Turf Club customers through www.premierturfclub.com (http://www.premierturfclub.com/), and promises to dramatically improve horse or dog players’ overall returns by allowing them to wager ONLY on those selections that meet user controlled minimum odds thresholds.

The software module was designed to be both robust and easy-to-use. It enables players to construct a series of wagers at any time during the day and set minimum-odds conditions for each one. These “conditional wagers” are then sent to a player-specific holding queue where they will remain until less than 1 MTP for the scheduled event. At 45 seconds to post for the race in question, the software will query the tote, comparing the minimum odds or prices on the wagers in the conditional queue against the actual real-time prices. If the odds threshold is met for a specific wager, it will be submitted to the tote; if not, the bet will be deleted.

The queue will work for any wager where there is live price data, meaning that a player can load up win bets, exactas, daily doubles and quinellas with minimum thresholds that must be satisfied. The software accepts odds inputs on straight wagers, and $2 payoff prices for exotics.

“This feature will revolutionize the way the game is played,” said Ian Meyers, Premier Turf Club CEO. “Never again will you be forced to accept an underlaid price on a horse or dog bet down dramatically from the morning line on bets you sent in hours before the race goes off.

“At the same time, you’ll never have to wait around again for a specific race to ensure you get a fair price on a runner you want to back,” Meyers continued. “This will end the cries of, ‘If I knew that 6-1 ML horse was going to pay $30, I would have played him.’

“We’re pleased to be the first and only ADW offering this important feature. It’s just another example of how we plan on offering the most cutting-edge wagering innovations to as wide a customer base as possible.”

For more information, contact customer-service@premierturfclub.com or apply for your account on-line at www.premierturfclub.com (http://www.premierturfclub.com/).

Premier Turf Club is a U.S. based, North Dakota licensed advanced deposit wagering company with offices in both Fargo, North Dakota and Boynton Beach, Florida.

candystripes
07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Just curiuos about that 45 second to post cut-off period. Why make the cut-off 45 seconds to post?

Wouldn't you want your players to get true odds, as I think you know how much $$$ is bet into the pools at the minute mark right up to until the horses leave the gate? This can be especially true at tracks where the CRW sharks are lying in wait. I imagine many of your players will end up with odds they didn't sign-up for since that late action will invariably drop/raise odds.

Still a very useful feature and well deserved props for making it available, albeit in a form of limited use IMO due to the latter issue regarding cut-off and CRW.

GameTheory
07-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Just curiuos about that 45 second to post cut-off period. Why make the cut-off 45 seconds to post? .No one knows the final odds until after the race has started and all bets have been reported to the host track. There is no way any service can give you the final odds at bet time, even 1 second before the race goes off...

Premier Turf Club
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Just curiuos about that 45 second to post cut-off period. Why make the cut-off 45 seconds to post?

Wouldn't you want your players to get true odds, as I think you know how much $$$ is bet into the pools at the minute mark right up to until the horses leave the gate? This can be especially true at tracks where the CRW sharks are lying in wait. I imagine many of your players will end up with odds they didn't sign-up for since that late action will invariably drop/raise odds.

Still a very useful feature and well deserved props for making it available, albeit in a form of limited use IMO due to the latter issue regarding cut-off and CRW.

This 45 seconds is a temporary thing. The next release (next week) will allow the user to choose any merge time he likes. That wasn't finished and we wanted to release this.

candystripes
07-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Not true. I know for a fact there are CRW players tapping directly into the tote system seconds prior to post. The question was why 45 seconds, and not 5 seconds for example?

candystripes
07-18-2007, 03:52 PM
This 45 seconds is a temporary thing. The next release (next week) will allow the user to choose any merge time he likes. That wasn't finished and we wanted to release this.

Ok, thanks. Fine work.

GameTheory
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Not true. I know for a fact there are CRW players tapping directly into the tote system seconds prior to post. The question was why 45 seconds, and not 5 seconds for example?Even if they are they are still looking at partial data...

BillW
07-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Not true. I know for a fact there are CRW players tapping directly into the tote system seconds prior to post. The question was why 45 seconds, and not 5 seconds for example?

How do they do that (i.e. how do they know exactly when the tote is closing?). I guess I was assuming that the timing was only an estimate and the risk of getting shut out went up the closer you cut it to 0 MTP.

GameTheory
07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
I bet at 0 MTP, where you generally still have a good 30 seconds at least. Of course sometimes something happens at the gate and it drags out for another 5 minutes, but what can you do...

Premier Turf Club
07-18-2007, 04:58 PM
I bet at 0 MTP, where you generally still have a good 30 seconds at least. Of course sometimes something happens at the gate and it drags out for another 5 minutes, but what can you do...

All of our merge times are estimates based upon MTP. You're right, there could be 2 minutes between zero and the time they actually lock wagering at come of the tracks. That's why we're ultimately going to turn control over the merge to the player. Youll be able to merge all the way down to -2 MTP if you're willing to run the risk that you'll get shutout.

Again, the 45 seconds is an interim compromise just to get this up and running. It's not perfect, but I still think it's one of the better ADW innovations of the past 5 years.

sjk
07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
As long as your programmers are working on useful features it would be a big plus to enter a list of conditional bets as a db table or to copy/paste from a spreadsheet.

Suppose I have an table of required odds for an entire card of racing.
I would set up conditional bets for every horse to run knowing that the one to actually go through would meet my threshold.

A lot of work to place these bets individually.

csmith
07-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks Ian. I have made my bets for the day and I can now do other things without sitting in frony of the computer. This is great

cj
07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Shoot guys, ease off on the guy with new requests, try to enjoy one of the best innovations of my lifetime to come along and try it out. I'm sure he'll improve it with time.

Premier Turf Club
07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
As long as your programmers are working on useful features it would be a big plus to enter a list of conditional bets as a db table or to copy/paste from a spreadsheet.

I would set up conditional bets for every horse to run knowing that the one to actually go through would meet my threshold.

I will see what's specificaly involved in that. My guess is if you write to the tote syntax we can probably figure something out.

K9Pup
07-18-2007, 05:43 PM

I second that!!! Being able to import a file of bets into the system would be great. Being able to make those bets conditional would be fantastic!!!

dutchboy
07-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Is it required that an account be opened before I could look at how it works? If it is that is fine but perhaps an online video/tour could be produced. I would assume that might be fairly easy to put together using screen shots of a current user as they use the system. Perhaps the video would drive a lot of serious visitors to your website. I have checked your website a few times but do not find it to be open to a visitor.

I would think this system would be a major plus for anyone to bet with.

Premier Turf Club
07-18-2007, 08:31 PM
We should have a fully functioning demo site up next week.:)

Overlay
07-18-2007, 09:00 PM
What a great development! The only thing better would be fixed-odds betting, where you would get the odds that are in effect at the time you place your bet, regardless of what happens to them afterward. (Ainslie used to talk about how it would be possible to implement such a system.) Oh, well, there always has to be at least one more challenge to overcome, doesn't there?

Kelso
07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Not true. I know for a fact there are CRW players tapping directly into the tote system seconds prior to post.

What does "CRW" mean?

Thank you.

Overlay
07-18-2007, 09:40 PM
What does "CRW" mean?

Thank you.

I believe it's "computer robotic wagering".

Kelso
07-18-2007, 09:43 PM
We have had request for conditional place/show wagers using a % of pool as the condition. If there is enough interest we can probably add this in.

Ian,
Since any given percentage of the Place/Show pools means a lot less when the favorite (or top two) is taking 50% than when he's taking 15% ... are the programmers looking at the % bet on the top one (place) or two (show) favorites, along with the bettor's horse, as the condition? (Apologies if this appears presumptuous.)

Great innovation ... great ADW. Thank you!

Kelso
07-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I believe it's "computer robotic wagering"

Thank you, Overlay.

dutchboy
07-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Australia had the software and systems 10 years ago for fixed odds wagering. Don't know what happened. Perhaps the computer consultants said it was set to go and is always the case you end up paying a fortune to get them to fix it right because they claim it was delivered as specified. $600.00 per hour plus hotel plus airfare from Phoenix to Mpls for 3 months to fix a 2.5 million dollar new software system.

BillW
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Australia had the software and systems 10 years ago for fixed odds wagering. Don't know what happened. Perhaps the computer consultants said it was set to go and is always the case you end up paying a fortune to get them to fix it right because they claim it was delivered as specified. $600.00 per hour plus hotel plus airfare from Phoenix to Mpls for 3 months to fix a 2.5 million dollar new software system.

You are probably thinking about bookmakers as exist in England (and maybe Aus.?) who offer fixed odds. By definition paramutuel odds are variable and bookmaking is illegal in the U.S.

Niko
07-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Allright, time to play the little tracks. This is an amazing feature!!!

Topcat
07-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Conditional betting!! Wow-Very Nice!!

It is what I've always dreamed of.
I'd open an account tomorrow with $50K but
I live in CA-AAAGHH! yur killin' me!

And no my wife and children won't move.

To others on the board-is there a way to establish a secondary residence that would work?

Maji
07-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Conditional betting!! Wow-Very Nice!!

It is what I've always dreamed of.
I'd open an account tomorrow with $50K but
I live in CA-AAAGHH! yur killin' me!

And no my wife and children won't move.

To others on the board-is there a way to establish a secondary residence that would work?

I believe you can incorporate an LLC in another state and you can bet using that LLC. Do talk to an attorney knowledgeable in this kind of stuff before you do it, but off the top of my head this is a possible solution.

Topcat
07-20-2007, 04:37 PM
I believe you can incorporate an LLC in another state and you can bet using that LLC. Do talk to an attorney knowledgeable in this kind of stuff before you do it, but off the top of my head this is a possible solution.

Now that is a very interesting idea. Thank you. Has anyone done this?, I know Ian and PTC can't comment but anyone heard of anyone trying this? How does this strikethe attorneys on this board?

The cost, when factoring in what you would get back in rebates, isn't bad: Here's a typical example, I'll xxx out the company name so it isn't misconstrued as an ad:

"If you select a Limited Liability Company, xxx Agents will file a certificate of formation for $125 USD which includes all state filing fees. The state will charge an annual franchise tax of $100 USD per year due before June 1 of each year. XXXX Agents current charge for its registered agent fee is $125 USD per year, the first year's fee is prorated and is paid with your order. The basic cost of forming an LLC is $135.41 USD"

bigmack
07-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Let me know if you find a place that opens accounts for corporations

Premier Turf Club
07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Ian,
Since any given percentage of the Place/Show pools means a lot less when the favorite (or top two) is taking 50% than when he's taking 15% ... are the programmers looking at the % bet on the top one (place) or two (show) favorites, along with the bettor's horse, as the condition? (Apologies if this appears presumptuous.)

Great innovation ... great ADW. Thank you!

To be honest, we haven't gotten to this one yet. We are doing some much programming (conditional, demo site, dutching interface) that we haven't tackled this one yet. We will, we just haven't had much of a chance to discuss it yet.