PDA

View Full Version : Vick is going to the dogs

GaryG
07-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Indicted by the Feds today.....looks grim for his future, especially this season. I wonder if the Falcons would like to have Matt Schaub back. Doh!

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/07/17/vickindict_0717.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

kenwoodallpromos
07-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Amazing whoever is guilty did not think anyone would notice or squeal!

Tom
07-18-2007, 09:52 PM
What a sick pervert.
I hope he gets the max.
People who do this crap are scumbags.:ThmbDown:

lsbets
07-18-2007, 10:47 PM
I read some of the stories about how they train the dogs. Sickening is the best word that comes to mind. Vick should be fed to one of his dogs.

KingChas
07-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Paris Hilton had to serve time as an example.Vick should too,...a lot more.

Vick is one sick pup! :ThmbDown:

so.cal.fan
07-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Here is a scumbag who makes all the money in the world he'll ever need, and he choses to torture animals.
He should do long, hard jail time + be ordered to pay ALL Paris Hilton's bills and expenses for the next 5 years!
Then he'll be one broke convict when he gets out.
That's the humane thing to do to this creep.
If it were up to me..........at our zoo in Los Angeles, we have an aligator pit.
I'm sure they have one somewhere in Georgia............

Marlin
07-20-2007, 01:24 PM
If he is on a roster, starting in the NFL this year, I will boycott. I won't watch any games or buy any gear.

GaryG
07-20-2007, 01:47 PM
If it were up to me..........at our zoo in Los Angeles, we have an aligator pit.
I'm sure they have one somewhere in Georgia............ :jump: :jump: :jump:

so.cal.fan
07-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I just hope they put this guy in jail for a spell and he loses money and becomes as disliked as O.J. Simpson.
What about the twisted sick pervert people who attend these "events"?
They say some of them are even women, most are weatlhy people.
I would love to see their names and faces plastered in all their local papers....
SICK TWISTED PERVERT.....(name and picture)
attends "dog fights".
They should make laws slapping HUGE fines on anyone in attendance at these sickening events and the money donated to the Humane Society.
I mean HUGE fines.....that will really put a stop to this.
And I'm with Marlin....boycott.....if everyone showed this kind of integrity, things like this would be a thing of the past. It's about time.

Greyfox
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I find the idea of dog fighting absolutely sickening, disgusting and repulsive..
I have never been to a dog fight. Although I understand that some kids are raised as if it is normal. It is not.

Having said that, the same group (PETA) that finds dog fighting disgusting,
also finds horse racing disgusting. Usually it's people who've never been around the game.

For that reason I am willing to cut Vick some slack, but not very much.
I understand he grew up with the sick sport and might have seen it as more "normal" than you and I.
I also find the idea of hunting animals in this day and age with anything except for a camera, not to my taste either. Yet, I have friends who grew up with it and do it every year.

PaceAdvantage
07-20-2007, 10:35 PM
I doubt very much that PETA would EQUATE dog fighting to horse racing, even though they may dislike both in principal.

prospector
07-20-2007, 11:38 PM
as long as he's there, i won't watch any atlanta games..

Greyfox
07-21-2007, 12:02 AM
I doubt very much that PETA would EQUATE dog fighting to horse racing, even though they may dislike both in principal.

Agreed.
But when PETA sees a Barbaro breakdown that may even be worse in some of their corners - part and parcel of the same package in their eyes - animal abuse. I think that we are all sickened by any steed breaking down at the track. We don't like it. Yet we continue to play the game...as if....

PETA is dead against both activities in principal.

My point simply is, Vick grew up in a culture that taught him that d.f. was an okay activity.

I grew up in a culture that taught me that horse racing was an okay activity.
While I see him as "dreadfully in the wrong," I can't slam him as hard as some of the posters on this board. He is what he learned. It's just that simple.

I still love horse racing.

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2007, 02:46 AM
You keep talking about this is "what he learned." That may be.

However, I don't think people are as outraged about the dog fighting itself, as they are about the way poor-performing dogs were allegedly executed.

I believe this is the part that has sickened people the most, and can't be "understood" no matter what the circumstances. Healthy human beings just don't function this way towards animals. Potential serial killers on the other hand....

GaryG
07-21-2007, 06:53 AM
My point simply is, Vick grew up in a culture that taught him that d.f. was an okay activity.He probably grew up in a culture that thought robbing convenience stores was an okay activity too.

The Judge
07-21-2007, 09:05 AM
as I see it is its illegal. He should have known that his name would be dragged into this if found out. So why do it just so that you can be one of the guys? Why ,if you were a hanger on, wouldn't you protect the person who is making the big bucks?

The why you protect them is by you being 100% "ligit." Why risk this to see dogs fight. I have seen it time and time again young people who get together and become crazy. If they were alone these things would never happen but together someone comes up with a crazy idea and the rest are go along with it rather then saying "thats the dumbest idea I've ever heard". Thats all it takes. You aren't one of the guys, you don't have heart,peer pressure even for a multi-millionaire.

When I grew up you were considered smart if you didn't follow the crowd and spoke-out against crazy ideas, your counsel was sought out by other young people. Not now you must conform or you are out of the group.

This is true no matter what culture you are from. Most of the robbing that I have ever heard about has nothing to do with culture and its done from the inside with a pen and briefcase and not from the outside with a mask and gun.

Greyfox
07-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Healthy human beings just don't function this way towards animals. Potential serial killers on the other hand....

Vick's behavior has been very stupid and disgusting. It is going to cost him his career and possibly time in jail. While some serial killers have been linked to meanness to animals, it is totally unfair on your part to insinuate that Vick is at all associated with the same mindset as serial killers. Totally unfair and false. That's a smear beyond the evidence presented.
The guy is finished probably as a pro. No need to kick him while he's down.
Totally unfair.

JustRalph
07-21-2007, 12:46 PM
He probably grew up in a culture that thought robbing convenience stores was an okay activity too.

you beat me to it. ;)

This goes back to the old "absolute right and wrong" discussion.

If you believe that cultural differences are an excuse for some illegal conduct, then you might as well get rid of all laws and go back to "tribal law"

I heard the black community described as a "sub culture" on the radio the other day. This Mike Vick thing is proof positive that there are different rules and cultures in this country. But stepping into one world and making a 100 million doesn't give you the right to step back into "another world" and get away with shit like Dog Fighting. He is going to go to prison on conspiracy charges and throw away his pass into the world where the money is...........he is soon to find out there is a much bigger sub culture than just the "Black Community" it's called the "prison population" get ready Mikey................

DanG
07-21-2007, 12:58 PM
For that reason I am willing to cut Vick some slack, but not very much.

A man is entitled to their opinion, but you’re on a very thin branch here my friend IMHO.

After reading your posts we would probably get along great if it’s true that polar opposites attract. :rolleyes:

Greyfox
07-21-2007, 01:42 PM
A man is entitled to their opinion, but you’re on a very thin branch here my friend IMHO.

After reading your posts we would probably get along great if it’s true that polar opposites attract. :rolleyes:

I find Vick's behavior despicable.
I think it's sad that he would have such an unfortunate disposition considering the talent that he has. But I wasn't raised in his shoes, nor were you.
The whole situation is tragic. Also, the last time I looked he is entitled to
"due process." Lynch mob mentality doesn't settle well in this corner.

DanG
07-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I think it's sad that he would have such an unfortunate disposition considering the talent that he has. But I wasn't raised in his shoes, nor were you.
Actually I was raised in his shoes as an American to obey the laws of the land. He wasn’t dragged to these events by a step-father. He is accused of organizing events for goodness sakes.

Your right…due process is in order.

Maybe because my Lab was attacked by a pit bull not long ago this hits a litter closer to home. The “competitors” that are not killed often find their way back into society and prey on anything that moves, just as their owners do in real time.

Despicable crime in every way. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Greyfox
07-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Despicable crime in every way. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

We totally agree.
If I were a "benevolent dictator" your labrador would never have been attacked.
In my "ideal" city, pit bulls and other canine species with violent dispositions would not be allowed period. They should be outlawed.

bigmack
07-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Primitives masquerading as civilized people with the world as their oyster is about a pathetic as it comes. Getting ones ya ya's out on fighting dogs shows less of their barbarism and more of them being small children who deserve to be in the big house.

From a news article:
Dogs that didn't show enough fighting spirit, or lost matches, were put to death by methods that included shooting, drowning, hanging and electrocution, according to the indictment. Prosecutors allege that on one occasion earlier this year, Vick participated in killing eight dogs.

The Judge
07-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Its legal is some countries, they kill the bull for entertainment. Dog fighting is illegal here that's the difference and nothing more. Some fthink invading someone elses country and killing their citizens is pretty low almost as low as dog fighting.

Marlin
07-21-2007, 02:50 PM
We totally agree.
In my "ideal" city, pit bulls and other canine species with violent dispositions would not be allowed period. They should be outlawed.

It's not about species, it's about owners. Pit Bulls are as tame as a poodle given the right amount of exercise, discipline, and affection. I got that from watching the Dog Whisperer on NGC.:)

As to "due process", he is certainly allowed to this in the court system. As far as the arena of public opinion (and mine), a federal indictment is enough for me.

Greyfox
07-21-2007, 03:05 PM
It's not about species, it's about owners. Pit Bulls are as tame as a poodle given the right amount of exercise, discipline, and affection. I got that from watching the Dog Whisperer on NGC.:)

As to "due process", he is certainly allowed to this in the court system. As far as the arena of public opinion (and mine), a federal indictment is enough for me.

You could be right. Certainly a lot of internet sites talking about Pit Bull temperament support what you are saying. I just don't trust them.
Those sites do say though that:
1. aggression towards other dogs is one of their traits.
2. the rare one that is aggressive to humans should be "put to sleep."

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pitbull-articles/pitbull-temperament.html

Marlin
07-21-2007, 03:21 PM
I just don't trust them.

I don't blame you. When a pitbull is out of balance and goes goofy the ramifications will typically be much more serious than most other species. They will attack to kill. The problem is that owners, who have no clue how to raise a warrior breed, get them because of their reputation. Then it only takes one mistake and someone gets hurt.

I guess you might be right. It would be easier to make them illegal to own. But it would be a shame that a responsible pit owner would have to pay for the mistakes of morons.

spicytomato
07-21-2007, 04:22 PM
its futile to destroy pitbulls as long as idiots are out there that will bet on dog fights......
many breeds can be trained to fit to the death
most pit fighters fight till the other dog gives
im not for fighting animals of any kind

i have what is called petbulls...all the mean and fight has been
taken out of the bloodline in the past 40 years of this particular line
its not in favor of DOGMEN... as they would drown the curs
but they are loving and family lapdogs...yes lapdogs ...they dont go
over 3o lbs...most have been 23 lbs....

however, vick dude , made it hard for everyone that is a responsible owner
in the wake of it , you can bet all bully breeds will be target , then will come
the next dogs that can be used to make a fighting dog
including mountain cur, louisiana leopard, many bear and mt lion hunting breeds as well as boxers, rotties, dobermans...the list goes on
as long as dog have teeth
idiots will make a breed to take this ones place

the real deal is this.....the govt., has taken the rights of the people
and has twisted it to be self serving...in many places they are illegal
in many places they are now owned by the govt in a little legal menuver they call guardianship.....which takes MY property and makes it Theirs....like when they use cps to take away children from their homes
from that law they can effectively decide to destroy the animals

right now they have another law that makes it easy to identify owners
all vets administering rabie shots must report the shot./owner and breed
of dog to the city.....sounds like big brother working over time to you??

best of luck to them that chose to fight for this breed
they are full of courage and are loving and stable
the crime is when any breed is bred to do otherwise

and lets not forget , the crime of taking my right to own the dog
of my choice away.....just what right is next???

GaryG
07-21-2007, 04:50 PM
He is going to try and cop to some kind of reduced charges. I hope the Feds tell him NFW and break it off in him. Hey Mikey....you sure got a purty mouth...:eek:

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2007, 11:46 PM
While some serial killers have been linked to meanness to animals, it is totally unfair on your part to insinuate that Vick is at all associated with the same mindset as serial killers. Totally unfair and false. That's a smear beyond the evidence presented.

Really? Totally unfair? False? Smear beyond the evidence presented? Really now?

Dogs that didn't show enough fighting spirit, or lost matches, were put to death by methods that included shooting, drowning, hanging and electrocution, according to the indictment. Prosecutors allege that on one occasion earlier this year, Vick participated in killing eight dogs.

You still think it's a smear beyond the evidence presented? They allege he participated in KILLING eight dogs, put to death by methods that included shooting, DROWNING, HANGING and ELECTROCUTION.

I stand by my assessment. And please remember that I did not label Vick a serial killer. I simply pointed out that he shared some behavioral abnormalities often seen in that community of fine folks known as serial killers.

JustRalph
07-22-2007, 03:20 AM

This is just an excuse. Being raised in his shoes, is irrelevant. We all have access to the laws of this country. You cannot tell me that Mike Vick didn't know that this was illegal?

Cultural differences are not an excuse to break the law. We don't allow Female circumcision in this country, nor do we allow "honor killings"

Mike Vick being a black man raised in the black culture doesn't give him any special "cultural" passes.

The black community in this country is imploding due to "cultural" differences that are not addressed by their own leaders etc. The lack of fathers and leaders in the black community is a problem, but it doesn't allow for an excuse to commit crimes. It just doesn't work that way.

you don't' get a free pass because of the neighborhood you grew up in either. You may be a victim of lesser moral value systems in your surroundings, but by the time you are an adult you are aware of the rule of law. Especially in the black community............

Bubbles
07-22-2007, 10:42 AM
You know who we really end up blaming for all this in about 10, 15 years?

His parents.

Remember, his brother Marcus isn't exactly a saint, either. Lock 'em both up and throw away the key.

Hammerhead
07-22-2007, 11:05 AM
With any kind of luck they will throw vick to the dogs in a cage. :mad:

boomman
07-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Greyfox

Fox: Lynch mob mentality doesn't work for me either. But I don't buy the argument of how he was raised being a factor in not knowing the difference in right or wrong or that any part of his being thought that abusing animals was ok....Due process fine....If he's found guilty by a jury of his peers, then I hope he gets the maximum penalty allowed by law................

Boomer

NoDayJob
07-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Sandy sez, "Arf, Arf, Arf!" Translated--- "Where da hell is Daddy Warbucks, when ya need 'im? ;)

spicytomato
07-24-2007, 12:33 PM
well the poop has hit the fan and its the innocent that suffer most
i recieved calls from people who have owned bullydogs for the last
thirty years as family dogs ...keeping the bloodlines in the family
well, they are giving up thier much loved family pets
its like a witch hunt out there.....i love my dogs
but, i love my right to own them more

im starting a campaign amongst bullydog owners to write into
THE VIEW... babara walters .....and set the record straight

law abiding citizens will do what is right

jerks that fight animals arent going to quit
take all bully dogs out of the picture...you hurt more families than those people that break the law...they have huts in the hills they get thier stock from and breed out in the woods ...over the lines where they arent illegal
did you see the map of underground states they fought the dogs in
so if all the united states decided to destroy the breed like austrailia and the UK.....they would go underground and not be found and just get more expensive ., like drugs., they have yet to stop drugs from entering the country ...and being sold......
to boot with that ....any one with the knowledge of animals can build a new breed more unstable and more dangerous than this one......

dont they get it?????????:mad:

GaryG
07-24-2007, 12:41 PM
They make fine pets, at least as good as other breeds. It is like blaming guns for convenience store robberies. It is the nut that trains the dog and buys (or steals) the gun that is the problem. As for Emmitt Smith...just shut up before you say something even worse.

kenwoodallpromos
07-24-2007, 02:39 PM
They make fine pets, at least as good as other breeds. It is like blaming guns for convenience store robberies. It is the nut that trains the dog and buys (or steals) the gun that is the problem. As for Emmitt Smith...just shut up before you say something even worse.
I do not know of any guns call "pit" and I do not breed guns. I you ever watch a dog show you will hear every time that dogs are judged on the basis of the brred standard, and about the personality that goes along with the dog.
IMO the fact is, the bigger and more vicious by nature and generations of breeding for certain traits, the better trained a dog has to be not to revert back to its nature.
FYI- all dogs are carnivores who by nature kill with their teeth and fight for territory and food. All dog training of any pooch is to stop them from doing what come natural. That is why retrievers do not eat what they retrieve, and why police and guard dogs are supposed to cut off attacks when ordered to do so.
Almost everyone I have ever known who had pit bulls got them because they are vicious by nature, including the son of my landlord. He could not control the dog and my landlord had to have it trained and continue traing it not to attack, nonetheless it tried to attack me on several occasions and almost killed my little dog, and has atacked other dogs on the street. The landlord thinks he can control it and never uses a leash. It is death waiting to happen.
If you know of any pit bulls who will never attack during their lifetime they are a rare exception. It is not accident that pit bulls are the dogs chosen by the Vick crowd to fight to the death. It is a blood sport which allows spectators and participants to get off on illegal betting and change of money, violence, and death. There is not other purpose for dog or cockfighting.
No one wears a matador costume to a dog or cock fight.

Ron
07-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Supposedly there are a lot more NFL players involved. I thought Clinton Portis admitted to dog fighting. I wonder how many players will go down...

JustRalph
07-24-2007, 03:54 PM
you guys kill me. this damn board is now discussing the personality traits of different dog breeds. Quite an eclectic bunch we have here :lol:

I have a question, the Pit Bull that chased me back into my truck at the car wash yesterday? What was his motive? I must have been too close to his hot Blondie owner who was bent over vacuuming her car out when I pulled up. He didn't stop to explain himself........but the growling was pretty damn indicative of his intent............. :lol:

spicytomato
07-24-2007, 04:19 PM
there are many traits to the bloodlines
them that buy the bloodlines should know
what the problem is with that is .....
most dont know a fighting dog from a family dog
and buy it by name alone
i have never had one of mine even threaten man nor beast
they are family dogs
however, i have had dogs that would kill at a moments notice

NONE WERE PITBULLS ALL WERE ANOTHER BREED
SHEPHERD, DOBERMAN , ROTTIE/LAB MIX AND A HUSKY WOLF MIX
NOT ONE OF MY PITS HAS EVER MADE A THREAT.....

and so it has been down the bloodline for many years
this particular line has been kept amongst family and friends
responsible owners only
the bloodline has made it out only one way
ive had 5 dogs stolen .....from even a second story fenced
terrace.....someone climbed up and stole them
thats how docile they were.......

so its the bloodline people
and buyers who know nothing about what they are getting
you can bet .....that camp has let out tons of dogs with
the potential to hurt people and animals
however, just as many breeders are working the opposite

for a pitbull will lay down and die where his owner does
if allowed to do so
ever see one with a homeless person
starving but they stay.....and stay...and stay
shoot hard to find a friend that good .....aint it??

spicytomato
07-24-2007, 04:27 PM
If you know of any pit bulls who will never attack during their lifetime they are a rare exception. It is not accident that pit bulls are the dogs chosen by the Vick crowd to fight to the death. It is a blood sport which allows spectators and participants to get off on illegal betting and change of money, violence, and death. There is not other purpose for dog or cockfighting.

incase you didnt read the news

when florida had rita and katrina...they had hog problems
thats when they called in the breed they previously tossed and made illegal
the handlers came in with thier pits and cleared the land of wild hogs
that is thier purpose......other than fighting...
they will also herd cattle...and manage your bulls
work sheep and goats.....they will work for thier chow and still come home
with owner and love up the family
these dogs are great atheletes too
agility, among one sport, as well as jumping , and thier favorite hanging from a rope,,, they will set to a task and not give up till its done
good bomb dogs and cadavor dogs.....and also if you check game-dog site they are also good therapy dogs.....

dont lump them because of the breed
dont lump the owners for owning them

BAN THE DEED NOT THE BREED
THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT
im done now...........

GaryG
07-24-2007, 07:19 PM
you guys kill me. this damn board is now discussing the personality traits of different dog breeds. Quite an eclectic bunch we have here :lol:

I have a question, the Pit Bull that chased me back into my truck at the car wash yesterday? What was his motive? I must have been too close to his hot Blondie owner who was bent over vacuuming her car out when I pulled up. He didn't stop to explain himself........but the growling was pretty damn indicative of his intent............. :lol:Are you sure you didn't have a couple of White Castles in your pocket?

JustRalph
07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Are you sure you didn't have a couple of White Castles in your pocket?

hmmmmm.............you never know!!! :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
07-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I have a question, the Pit Bull that chased me back into my truck at the car wash yesterday? What was his motive? I must have been too close to his hot Blondie owner who was bent over vacuuming her car out when I pulled up. He didn't stop to explain himself........but the growling was pretty damn indicative of his intent............. :lol:

You're a happily married guy, I'm sure it wasn't your growling over the hot Blondie owner bent over that indicated any intent from you - maybe it was some guy behind you instead. :lol:

Greyfox
07-25-2007, 10:17 AM

I have a question, the Pit Bull that chased me back into my truck at the car wash yesterday? What was his motive?

You were only supposed to be there during open business hours. :lol:

JustRalph
07-25-2007, 02:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
07-25-2007, 02:50 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess just like in New Orleans the pit bull (mistakenly) thought you were a (male chaulanist) pig and needed herding back to your vehicle!!LOL!!
You never have bit you as it is against their nature!LOL!!

GaryG
07-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Notice his hair is cut short....none of those pretty curls. And <gasp> no earrings! No self-respecting thug would go out in public looking like that...:eek:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/07/26/vickhearing_0726.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Greyfox
07-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Just what my "Pappy" used to tell me,
"If you're going to go to bed with dogs, don't be afraid to get up with fleas."

JustRalph
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Amazing what a hundred million dollar loss will do to your wardrobe......... :lol:

Somebody tell me this................

why does the judge have to tell him not to violate any Federal, State or local laws? What the hell?

bigmack
07-27-2007, 01:18 PM
On a similar note:
The cruel spectacle of illegal horse races

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070727.HORSERACING27/TPStory/TPInternational/Europe/

Robert Fischer
07-31-2007, 08:42 PM
as one nfl insider put it:
"when we come to Atlanta to play the Falcons, we know we're in for a dogfight"

;)

Pace Cap'n
07-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Amazing what a hundred million dollar loss will do to your wardrobe......... :lol:

Somebody tell me this................

why does the judge have to tell him not to violate any Federal, State or local laws? What the hell?

Perhaps it's a "culture" thing.

Hosshead
08-01-2007, 08:14 AM
as one nfl insider put it:
"when we come to Atlanta to play the Falcons, we know we're in for a dogfight"

;)
:lol:

kenwoodallpromos
08-01-2007, 01:20 PM
If he wanted a dogfight, he shoulda bought a bi-plane!

JustRalph
08-13-2007, 07:47 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20253462/

Vick's co-defendants are entering a plea..........he is in deep deep doo-doo for sure now...........

Grits
08-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Vick said earlier today in his press conference, "in all of this, I've found Jesus."

On that note, I thought, "Oh yeah. Hope that works out for ya Vick, hope the Judge has him in his heart when he sentences you too." :lol:

There he is again, the little guy rollin' around laughin'. What a hoot.

Bubbles
08-27-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm no expert on the legal system, but here's my honest guess as to what's going to happen with Vick.

1) He'll get 12-18 months in jail.
2) He'll be charged by Virginia for this as well.
3) He'll plead guilty.
4) He'll be sentenced, but he'll get to serve THAT sentence concurrently with the one coming from his federal charges.
5) Once he gets out, he'll get back into game shape and get a tryout with a team (I'm thinking the Cowboys or the Raiders; after all, in the eyes of Jerry Jones and Al Davis, any publicity is good publicity).
6) He'll make the team, and play a few seasons in the NFL with a bullseye on his back.

The original sentence will come out to only be a few years, but if he runs into a ticked-off linebacker, the pain from THAT may last a whole lot longer.

Greyfox
08-27-2007, 06:52 PM
5) Once he gets out, he'll get back into game shape and get a tryout with a team (I'm thinking the Cowboys or the Raiders; after all, in the eyes of Jerry Jones and Al Davis, any publicity is good publicity).

1. In prison he will have lots of time to be in game shape.
2. Some team will pick him up.
3. The furor that follows is going to split America.
PETA groups are going to boycott NFL stadiums.
Blacks are going to argue with Whites re: forgiveness.
Kids will be fighting in school yards over it.
Adults in bars.
What a friggin nightmare.
While I believe in forgiveness, that doesn't mean that I have to ever watch him play football again. In fact, I won't.

Dan Montilion
08-27-2007, 08:12 PM
12-18 months? Is that "dog months"?

I suppose the Falcons theme song won't be Who LetThe Dogs Out.

Tom
08-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Vick said earlier today in his press conference, "in all of this, I've found Jesus."

On that note, I thought, "Oh yeah. Hope that works out for ya Vick, hope the Judge has him in his heart when he sentences you too." :lol:

There he is again, the little guy rollin' around laughin'. What a hoot.

I hope the judge is a flamming racist who hates football! :eek:
I remember Noreiga found "Jesus" in a Miami jail - 57 of Them! :lol::lol::lol:

Grits
08-27-2007, 09:17 PM
I hope the judge is a flamming racist who hates football! :eek:
I remember Noreiga found "Jesus" in a Miami jail - 57 of Them! :lol::lol::lol:

This judge is known Tom, very well known for his tough sentencing. Too, he asked Michael Vick, repeatedly, "do you fully understand the consequences here of entering into a plea bargain, as it in "no way" guarantees, that you will receive from ME the minimum sentence for your offense?" Vick answered, "yes, I understand."

Still, the judge again wanted to make sure, and asked him once more, reminding him that HE would be the one person making the decision about his future.

This man may well serve more than the 1 year to 18 months folks are assuming. An assumption that I believe may be a mistake, given the fact that he has engaged in this disgusting activity since he was a teenager--not to mention that he lied through his damn teeth from day one.

I don't care--far as I'm concerned they could lock him up for 5 to 10.

The really beneficial thing would be an inside line on others participating in dogfighting, charges and convictions brought, and hauling their butts to jail with Vick. Then, some good will have been achieved.

JustRalph
08-27-2007, 09:28 PM
This shit will dog him for the rest of his life

rastajenk
08-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Hey Ralph, have you ever listened to Buckeye games on the radio and heard the ad where Archie Griffin says, "My old coach Woody Hayes used to say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog?"

I wonder if they'll be using that one again this year?

JustRalph
08-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Hey Ralph, have you ever listened to Buckeye games on the radio and heard the ad where Archie Griffin says, "My old coach Woody Hayes used to say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog?"

I wonder if they'll be using that one again this year?

many times..................... :lol: :lol:

Tom
08-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Grits....good post. :ThmbUp:

I hope Vic's cellmate is very:

1. Large
2. Horney :eek:
3. Fond of puppies

:lol:

ArlJim78
08-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Grits....good post. :ThmbUp:

I hope Vic's cellmate is very:

1. Large
2. Horney :eek:
3. Fond of puppies

also

4. Looking for long term relationship
5. Privately dealing with STD issues

46zilzal
09-25-2007, 01:08 PM
New charges in another state today.

GaryG
12-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Should have been more.

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Should have been more.

And he'll likely only have to serve half of that.

kenwoodallpromos
12-10-2007, 11:52 AM
If Bonds is convictd, should he get more time than Vick?

Show Me the Wire
12-10-2007, 12:28 PM
If Bonds is convictd, should he get more time than Vick?

No. Bonds offense did not involve cruelty to animals. Bonds, if convicted, should receive the same jail time as another famous perjurer, William Jefferson Clinton. However, Bonds should be banned from Baseball, made ineligible for the Hall and his records invalidated, if it is proven he perjured himself and proven he used performance enhancing substances.

harnesslover
12-10-2007, 01:48 PM
No. Bonds offense did not involve cruelty to animals. Bonds, if convicted, should receive the same jail time as another famous perjurer, William Jefferson Clinton. However, Bonds should be banned from Baseball, made ineligible for the Hall and his records invalidated, if it is proven he perjured himself and proven he used performance enhancing substances.

From a law perspective, Bonds did something MUCH worse, he jerked around the court system.. And the Feds don't like to be jerked around..

They are vindictive SOBs

JustRalph
12-10-2007, 03:53 PM
From a law perspective, Bonds did something MUCH worse, he jerked around the court system.. And the Feds don't like to be jerked around..

They are vindictive SOBs

Just like their second cousins........................................The IRS

kenwoodallpromos
12-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I heard Vick signed a paper that said somebody else put a rope around a dog's neck and that Vick "dropped it". Based on the sentence, I figure about 13 dogs' lives are worth 1 human life (25 year sentence).
If Vick cannot go back to the NFL, will he coach the Georgia Bulldogs?

spicytomato
12-10-2007, 06:57 PM
its not the acts he and his homies commited

they had a fairly large ring going

most wont be found anytime soon , they know how to
get it underground quick till the heat is off
like any addiction however, it will continue
and it will surface over and over

thing is the dogs suffer, and people get hurt
all involved parties knew very well its against the law
and decided to believe they are above the law

you should have seen the news today