PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Art Linkletter

trying2win
07-17-2007, 05:35 PM
A happy birthday wish to TV legend Art Linkletter, who celebrates his 95th birthday July17/07. I can remember when I was a kid watching his program 'PEOPLE ARE FUNNY' on TV back in the 1950s. Had lots of laughs watching that show. I saw him on TV a few years ago. He was still telling funny stories.

Any of you old timers remember watching 'PEOPLE ARE FUNNY' on TV many years ago.?

T2W

Overlay
07-17-2007, 07:04 PM
I remember his "House Party" show, where he had the segment interviewing kids that served as the basis for his "Kids Say the Darnedest Things" series of books. He's had a long life, but certainly not without its share of tragedy, also (like the drug-related suicide of his daughter in 1969). Happy birthday to him.

Dave Schwartz
07-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Even though I am but a teenager, I seem to vaguely recollect his rather humorous show.

The kids segment was always the high point (even though it turned out that much was staged).

Dave

Tom
07-17-2007, 07:25 PM
And it is also Phyllis Diller's birthday today, too. She commented this morning that she was still on the pill because she did not want anymore grandchildren!

"A-ha ha ha haaaaaaa!"

And David Hassleauf too. His cake will be served on the floor.

banacek
07-17-2007, 07:33 PM
A happy birthday wish to TV legend Art Linkletter, who celebrates his 95th birthday July17/07.

Hey Greyfox. Guess where Art Linkletter was born? You got it - Moose Jaw!