PDA

View Full Version : Whos the best CEO

ponypro
07-17-2007, 02:43 PM
After all the bashing Ive done with Churchills debacle, lets be a little more positive about who is doing it right. Innovation, Integrity,Huge People Skills: can operate effectively WITHOUT ruffleing feathers with a multitude of competing interests and at the many levels of personalities involved in racing:

Nick Nicholson - Keeneland

I know its got some built in advantages like Saratoga does but Nicholson took a track steeped in big time old school tradition and made it one of the highest tech, huge college age demographic, absolutely greatest place to watch a race on the planet. I cant wait to go back this fall.

Good4Now
07-17-2007, 08:57 PM
vice president and general manager, but Mr.Peter Berube has done an excellent job at Tampa Downs.
I really like the racing there, but DRF treats them as though they don't exist!
As I live in NV and get the worst edition of the DRF, I've ever seen, labeled the nevada players edition. It has had the same black and white picture on the cover for three years running, absolutely nothing like the West coast edition full of news, articles and opinion.
I called Tampa to see why DRF put no results charts for weeks at a time in the daily edition, and only the consolidated one page per week report of races in the DRF Weekly Simulcast booklet. I was put through to his office and told by his assistant he was walking the grounds, I understand he does this DAILY, and they took my number. He called back in less than an hour! We had an enjoyable conversation, but apparently he couldn't get Mr. Crist to see it makes good sense to give the people what they want. As he is so obsessed with what every page of his product costs HE stopped putting results charts in the daily editions of all editions.
If you think the Street Sense, Any Given Saturday match up down the stretch of the Tampa Derby was one that will be remembered for years to come, then I think you should remember the name of the man who does his job for us, the fans, and made that race a reality.It is Mr. Peter Berube.