PDA

View Full Version : Fasig-Tipton fire sale

betovernetcapper
07-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Mondays session closed with the average price of $89,328 down from $108,610 last year. I gotta wonder how much of this drop can be attributed to the the CD-Triple Crown signal wrangling. I think people may have some concern about the long term health of the industry with people like Evans at the helm.
http://auctions.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=39792

Premier Turf Club
07-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Mondays session closed with the average price of $89,328 down from $108,610 last year. I gotta wonder how much of this drop can be attributed to the the CD-Triple Crown signal wrangling. I think people may have some concern about the long term health of the industry with people like Evans at the helm.
http://auctions.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=39792

I know for a fact that's the case. My partner was out at the sale yesterday (he's a 40 year horseman and will be there today too) and he was told that some prominent owners are quietly trying to reduce their holdings because of all the bad news that's comes out over the last 3 weeks. The money laundering/terrorist/off-shore link is a very, very big issue (see Washington Post and Thoroughbred Times). Even I underestimated the effect of that one. These guys are getting scared that something really bad might happen that wipes out their investment.

You know what, if they knew the stuff we've learned about the industry over the last six months they'd be terrified. Like I said in a previous thread, we get called once a week to tell the tale. So far we've politely declined.

point given
07-17-2007, 12:47 PM
I know for a fact that's the case. My partner was out at the sale yesterday (he's a 40 year horseman and will be there today too) and he was told that some prominent owners are quietly trying to reduce their holdings because of all the bad news that's comes out over the last 3 weeks. The money laundering/terrorist/off-shore link is a very, very big issue (see Washington Post and Thoroughbred Times). Even I underestimated the effect of that one. These guys are getting scared that something really bad might happen that wipes out their investment.

You know what, if they knew the stuff we've learned about the industry over the last six months they'd be terrified. Like I said in a previous thread, we get called once a week to tell the tale. So far we've politely declined.

Come on John, you can tell us, we're like family here, we won't tell no one ! :D