PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar/Arlington/Kenneland

bigmack
07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
As Del Mar opens in a few days and it now has the same surface as KEE & AP, can any of you deep database guys throw-up a few profiles of KEE & AP & would you suspect Del Mar will run in a similar fashion as the two.

Tom
07-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Git yerself one of them there random number generators! :bang:

Serioulsy, I suspect the track will take a couple of weeks to settle in and would expect it will change along with the riders as it does.

My plan of attack is simple for a week or two - play TURF!

point given
07-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Git yerself one of them there random number generators! :bang:

Serioulsy, I suspect the track will take a couple of weeks to settle in and would expect it will change along with the riders as it does.

My plan of attack is simple for a week or two - play TURF!

Delmar = no play Saratoga = play , play , play

I did ok early at Keeneland playing the bias, but didnot enjoy the races on poly. When it looked like they changed the track setup after the sales, i lost confidence and lost confidence in playing there. I tried a couple of days playing hollywood and had no clue = no confidence = no play. So, i have to agree with some of the writers article, I too will play less than I have in the past until synthetic tracks become more comfortable to me, but i wont waste money learning the hard way , I know that.

Tom
07-16-2007, 11:14 PM
www.delmarracing.com/season/polytrack-handicapping

Jame Quinn article on what to expect, thanks to to DanG.

Good4Now
07-16-2007, 11:24 PM
IF horses from Post eight and up start winning two turn races then we'll know!

Dr. Watson hurrry! The game is afoot!

bigmack
07-17-2007, 12:18 AM
www.delmarracing.com/season/polytrack-handicapping (http://www.delmarracing.com/season/polytrack-handicapping)
Jame Quinn article on what to expect, thanks to to DanG.
Oh for Pete sake. The respondant link comes from Mr.T via DanG to an article penned by James Quinn titled Del Mar, The Polytrack, and You and draws on the studies of Bill Quirin & Fred Davis? It's like asking for a snow cone and getting Antarctica. Thanks.

I should have known. The usual suspects are helpful in whatever way they can. The other dregs just draw without ever dealing.

And the beat goes on.

levinmpa
07-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Not all Polytracks are created equal. Keeneland had a severe closers bias. No matter how slow the frontrunners went early, they rarely went wire to wire. Keeneland now has a stretch longer than Churchill, which may account for some of the poor performances by frontrunners. Arlington seems to be a much more fair surface than Keeneland, where the pace scenario accounts for the results more than any bias. If a horse can control the pace and is good enough, it can win. I have heard more than one person say that the Del Mar surface more resembles Keeneland than Arlington. Del Mar has a very short stretch compared to Keeneland, which should give early types at least a fighting chance.

kenwoodallpromos
07-17-2007, 12:58 PM
To me same track super, Steve Woods, means same early speed bias.