PDA

View Full Version : The Bet/Unwatched Race

bigmack
07-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I bet a pile of races daily and as I have financial interest I try to watch each race though oftentimes can't because of otherwise concerns. I am acutely aware of track biases and have come to the conclusion that watching the race is an exercise in emotion and validation and am leaning on not watching my interests as in the futility of watching a daily stock chart.

Anyone share my world?

BillW
07-15-2007, 09:17 PM
I bet a pile of races daily and as I have financial interest I try to watch each race though oftentimes can't because of otherwise concerns. I am acutely aware of track biases and have come to the conclusion that watching the race is an exercise in emotion and validation and am leaning on not watching my interests as in the futility of watching a daily stock chart.

Anyone share my world?

Yep, I agree. I'm looking forward to PTC's conditional queue that should eliminate the only downside - the 5-1 M/L getting bet down to 2-5 then losing :mad: .

Valuist
07-15-2007, 11:06 PM

Anyone share my world?

Absolutely. When you bet blind, you pretty much are making only prime bets and eliminating the action bets. Unless you only bet to win, the win odds aren't that significant (for most of the wagering), and at many tracks the odds change is drastic in the final minutes (and even after the race). And if anybody has any inclination to chase at all, I would definitely suggest it.

bigmack
07-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Yep, I agree. I'm looking forward to PTC's conditional queue that should eliminate the only downside - the 5-1 M/L getting bet down to 2-5 then losing .
Off odds have become the sole reason to stay attentive of the race up to post.

Let the chips fall as they may and let me not take the loss or gain from that sole event & let it affect my play as the day unfolds and my future wagers are configured. Some days, the more I watch the more it affects my play adversely.

Hank
07-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Interesting idea. I would Have to watch the replay later to see if the race unfolded as predicted, if theres one worth following out of that race ect.

betovernetcapper
07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
The first post on conditional betting was in June 2001.
Software under the name of Cherry Picker was reviewed on this site. The software purported to be able to scan the tote and place bets on your overlays.
There has been a desire for this feature since at least 2001-I say much earlier-but at least 2001.
We are just going to get it this week. God Bless PTC :)

Bob G
07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Watching the race is part of my handicapping process. I get to see if the race plays out as I expected it to. If it doesn't, I can see if there's a reason why it didn't. If there isn't, then I go back to the "form" and see if I missed anything.

cj
07-16-2007, 06:45 PM
The first post on conditional betting was in June 2001.
Software under the name of Cherry Picker was reviewed on this site. The software purported to be able to scan the tote and place bets on your overlays.
There has been a desire for this feature since at least 2001-I say much earlier-but at least 2001.
We are just going to get it this week. God Bless PTC :)

I hope Ian doesn't mind me saying this. I've been testing the conditional wagering thing for the past week. It is awesome, especially for a guy like me with a big time difference that can't possibly follow all the tracks day and night.

It won't be perfect. I've learned if I want 8 to 1 on a horse, I better put 6 or 7 as the condition depending on the pool size as those tend to drift up late. If I want 2 to 1, I better put 2.5 or 3, as those drift down. Still, there are no more bets on 8 to 1 ML horses goind off at 4 to 5, which happens often especially at the smaller tracks.