PDA

View Full Version : So this guy is driving down the road...

chickenhead
07-15-2007, 06:49 PM
So this guy is driving down the road and he sees this old Indian standing by an on ramp just outside of town with his thumb stuck out, hitchhiking.

He pulls over and the old Indian hustles over and jumps in.

They drive on for awhile, and he notices the old Indian eyeing the brown paper sack sitting between them.

"It's a bottle of wine, I got it for my wife" the guy says.

The Indian mulls this over for a moment before turning back to the man.

"Good trade"

Overlay
07-15-2007, 07:03 PM
So this guy is driving down the road and he sees this old Indian standing by an on ramp just outside of town with his thumb stuck out, hitchhiking.

He pulls over and the old Indian hustles over and jumps in.

They drive on for awhile, and he notices the old Indian eyeing the brown paper sack sitting between them.

"It's a bottle of wine, I got it for my wife" the guy says.

The Indian mulls this over for a moment before turning back to the man.

"Good trade"

Can you guess what time of year it was when this happened???

Indian thumber.

Pace Cap'n
07-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Chickenhead--good joke.

Overlay--good pun.

One would be hard pressed to find a more taciturn group than full-blood Indians. A comment may result in silence for quite some time before a reply, if any.

I was hitchhiking in Oklahoma on hot summer day (Overlay, from Sallisaw to Tulsa) and got a lift from a carload of Indians. We stopped at the toll booth just south of Muskogee. It was breezy. The toll booth guy said a gust of wind almost sucked him out of the booth.

After ten minutes down the road in utter silence, from the backseat one deadpanned, "Sure would like to have seen that wind.".