PDA

View Full Version : Time to "PUSH" the BET

Good4Now
07-14-2007, 08:00 PM
What is it about a race or a horse that makes you REALLY open the wallet and "PUSH" your bet?

How high UP do you go, 10 times or 20 times? MORE?

Is it on BIG feature races at the TOP tracks or any ole' weekday at Barely Finish Downs?

To me, finding good pay offs to pursue is more common on weekdays in run of the mill claiming races. Usually Straight W/P/S bets; not very often exacta's or Pik-3's. I am curious as to what you've found and when you find it, and how "you know in your BONES" this is IT!

Overlay
07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
When a horse that I really like has been overlooked in the betting, and I can explain to my satisfaction what I've seen in its record that the public has missed, or (more often) what the public has overrated about one or more of the other horses in the race, which I also have noticed, but know that the public has misjudged. In cases like that, the disparity between what I rate my horse's winning chances at, and the odds that the public has set, will have the automatic effects of increasing my wager size on the horse, and also determining the size of the increase.

point given
07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
When there are two speed horses on a speed track going 2 turns and the other one scratches . :jump:

cnollfan
07-15-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree with both Overlay and Point Given.

Marlin
07-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't really bet unless it is time to PUSH the bet!