PDA

View Full Version : HollyPark 4th(let's break it down)

how cliche
07-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Past Performances...
http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdfs/winstar_farm_llc_80574.pdf (http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdfs/winstar_farm_llc_80574.pdf)

how cliche
07-14-2007, 02:51 PM
There's a runner in here that's the kind I've been cashing on with some regularity in recent weeks, so I'll try again.

#2 Senior.

As a 2 year old he raced twice, both times fast enough to be competitive with this group. He was turned out after being entered over his head in the Hollywood Futurity as a maiden. There was a gap in training from December 16, 2006 to June 9, 2007, but he's been working a regular once a week schedule since & the penultimate drill was at 6f from the gate where only Tiago was faster that day. I'm a big fan of his breeding for 8.5f on turf, being by Arch & out of a Go For Gin mare. Any shorter he'll come on too late. Any longer he'll be gasping for air. He receives a shot of lasix for the first time today in his 3rd career race. From my vantage, there aren't any world beaters entered up against him, & he looks likely to improve. With a normal progression from 2 to 3 he could & probably should win.

Getting connection specific but going mostly from memory, James McInvale is Laura Wohlers' primary client & she is quite good with these kinds of his runners, the comebacking first lasix kind. Runners like 65-1 winner Potential come to mind. He's 6-1 on the line, but I'll take 4. Think I'll get it?

The downer is I'll be at a previously scheduled engagement and won't be able to watch the race. Toll free results: 1-888-338-7223

Greyfox
07-14-2007, 03:35 PM
There's a runner in here that's the kind I've been cashing on with some regularity in recent weeks, so I'll try again.

#2 Senior.

I too like # 2 Senior, but....
It may well be the best colt in the race, being owned by James McIngvale.
The main problem seems to be Mr. McIngvale's insistence on having his horses trained by his wife's sister Laura Wohlers. Time after time this lady has taken McIngvale's top stock and still has a .03 % win average.

The main threats will be # 4 Monte Bajo who gets the weight break with
Talamo in the irons and # 9 Tanner's Rocket who may get brave running
if he gets the lead alone. # 1 Chancellor ran well last out, but that's a pretty short turn around time for turf at this distance.

Good luck how cliche. I'm not sure that you'll get the 6-1, especially as a lot of bettors will look for a stronger performance with the first time lasix addition.

Scotchman
07-14-2007, 03:51 PM

#2 Senior.

As a 2 year old he raced twice, both times fast enough to be competitive with this group. He was turned out after being entered over his head in the Hollywood Futurity as a maiden. There was a gap in training from December 16, 2006 to June 9, 2007, but he's been working a regular once a week schedule since & the penultimate drill was at 6f from the gate where only Tiago was faster that day. I'm a big fan of his breeding for 8.5f on turf, being by Arch & out of a Go For Gin mare. Any shorter he'll come on too late. Any longer he'll be gasping for air. He receives a shot of lasix for the first time today in his 3rd career race. From my vantage, there aren't any world beaters entered up against him, & he looks likely to improve. With a normal progression from 2 to 3 he could & probably should win.

Getting connection specific but going mostly from memory, James McInvale is Laura Wohlers' primary client & she is quite good with these kinds of his runners, the comebacking first lasix kind. Runners like 65-1 winner Potential come to mind. He's 6-1 on the line, but I'll take 4. Think I'll get it?

The downer is I'll be at a previously scheduled engagement and won't be able to watch the race. Toll free results: 1-888-338-7223

Don't get me wrong here, but I don't think Senior has much of a chance at all. My database says the Laura Wohlers is 0/40 with her Mdspw starters.
That alone makes Senior a tossout for me. I'd need pretty big odds before I would bet a horse with a trainer with this stat. I'm going to take a stab here and bet on the 6 horse Moteado. 12/1 on the ml and Greely does well with Mdspw runners on the turf. Then I'm going to play the Gimmicks with 1-4-6-9.

how cliche
07-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm heading out the door with the missus as I type this. I spoke with some 'cappers at HOL and they think Senior is going off in the 3-1 range, which is too low for me to play him. Their reasons are he's picked 2d and 3d by all 4 of the racing form's selections guys. Oddly to me, the 1 horse is the top pick & twice in bold as the day's best bet in the same section.

Enjoy your day & pick some winners.

Tee
07-14-2007, 04:54 PM
#7 World News isn't facing the type of competition in this spot that he has in his last three efforts. Trip wasn't that bad other than a bit of steadying into the first turn. Has worked forwardly off that comeback race, would expect a bit more run today.

#4 Monte Bajo exits the same race as World News & had a much more interesting trip. Hurt by his post position, he was extremely wide for the first quarter mile, raced at least three wide the entire way while close to the pace. Would expect a much different trip for him & perhaps a much different outcome today.

Ron
07-14-2007, 05:43 PM
(4) MONTE BAJO to WIN

Scotchman
07-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Race unfolded without much surprize.

Chalky.

Greyfox
07-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Result 1-4-2

#1 Chancellor, off as the heavy favorite, won in a photo.