PDA

View Full Version : Let me say this:

the_fat_man
07-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Some interesting turf races this weekend at BEL.

And Sunday, 7 of the 9 are on the turf.

Nice weekend to have some opinions.

:lol:

classhandicapper
07-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Did you have Nedjma? ;)

the_fat_man
07-15-2007, 04:37 PM
From the INFAMOUS lock thread

"We can look at the FatChart and see that ThE AG passed 5 horses between the 1st and 2nd split, then opened up and was run down by no less than Nedjma. Yes, even ANCHOR JUNIOR (C Hill), who has a habit of falling asleep during a race, couldn't prevent Nedjma from winning that one. (Unfortunately, he was a factor in getting her beat next time out, however.)"

I can't whine about a $42 number.

It's always what might've been, however: the 10 2nd is a home run.

I know when I'm riding my bike in a pack and we come around a turn and head for the finish line, what I USUALLY do, is what Castellano did, rather than heading towards an open spot, I ride up behind other riders, so I need to lose momentum and go around them. :bang:

Was she a FIGURE horse today? :ThmbUp:

cj
07-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Was she a FIGURE horse today? :ThmbUp:

Yes, we all figured you would redboard her.

the_fat_man
07-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes, we all figured you would redboard her.

Why in the world would I ever offer anything BEFORE the fact again?

What is it with you, do you need to respond to EVERYTHING I post?

I was asked a question and I responded.

Get over it already.

cj
07-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Probably the same reason you ALWAYS have to mention figures. It was just a joke fat man, lighten up.

The Hawk
07-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Probably the same reason you ALWAYS have to mention figures. It was just a joke fat man, lighten up.

This post was ironic on SO many levels....

PaceAdvantage
07-15-2007, 08:45 PM
This post was ironic on SO many levels....

Actually, it wasn't. Unless you want to equate joking about someone's heritage (and apparently, some heritages are more 'jokable' than others) to joking about speed figures or redboarding.

I will however, defer to you on the other not-so-obvious mysterious levels you refer to in your cryptic response.

The Hawk
07-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Actually, it wasn't. Unless you want to equate joking about someone's heritage (and apparently, some heritages are more 'jokable' than others) to joking about speed figures or redboarding.

I will however, defer to you on the other not-so-obvious mysterious levels you refer to in your cryptic response.

Not at all sure where this thread mentions heritage (I know it was brought up elsewhere) but...

Actually, it WAS ironic. I'll explain, for those who are too uptight and angry to see the humor in CJ's response:

"Lighten up, Fat Man." That's irony, PA. Not sure if it was intended, but it was funny. Are we still allowed to have a laugh on the board?

CJ telling the Fat Man that HE always has to mention figures. CJ's whole handicapping existence lies in figures. Again, ironic. Not knocking CJ, or his figures. Just ironic that he wrote that.

CJ, to me, among the more uptight members of the board, telling Fat Man to lighten up, was ironic. To me.

Given the sarcastic and condescending responses sure to follow, let me apologize in advance to all races, creeds and overseas monitors who may have been offended.

In the words of the late, great Dean Wormer: There'll be no more fun of any kind!

PaceAdvantage
07-15-2007, 10:31 PM
But I like fun!

cj
07-16-2007, 03:07 AM
I like fun. I would hardly say I'm uptight at all 99% of the time. I had a bad week, that was about it.

kenwoodallpromos
07-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Some interesting turf races this weekend at BEL.

And Sunday, 7 of the 9 are on the turf.

Nice weekend to have some opinions.

:lol: