PDA

View Full Version : All Hail Big Brother!

46zilzal
07-13-2007, 01:50 AM
http://www.boycottgillette.com/spychips.html

JustRalph
07-13-2007, 03:25 AM
so what?

I went into a department store the other day and stopped counting at 22 camera's including the ones on the parking lot...........the reason I was counting was because they had a sticker on the front doors reminding us that we were under video surveillance at all times.............and they weren't kidding.........

Tom
07-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Why would anyone in thier right mind think they had any expectation of privacy in public places?

I applaud the use of cameras - since I do not do anything illegal in public, I have zero to fear. But since many others do, the camera is my friend. Even if it does put on 10 pounds!

46 - when they start putting them in your house, you can worry.

46zilzal
07-13-2007, 10:52 AM
another is the Echelon system, national ID cards with chips in them as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act

Secretariat
07-13-2007, 11:03 AM
If true, George Orwell was more prescient than imagined. What in the world could Gillete get out of putting cameras to watch people shave? I have to admit this some one seems a little on the ridiculous side.

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Watch people shave? Do you mistakenly think that people end up bringing these cameras home into their bathrooms?

kenwoodallpromos
07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
"I do not do anything illegal IN PUBLIC"

46 - when they start putting them in your house, you can worry.

LOL!!

46zilzal
07-13-2007, 11:15 AM
If true, George Orwell was more prescient than imagined. What in the world could Gillete get out of putting cameras to watch people shave? I have to admit this some one seems a little on the ridiculous side.
They are to TRACK purchasers. Gillette and a few others purchased the technology- the same type that is to be incorporated for the national ID cards and future printed money.

another manufacturer tells of their use.
http://www.ti.com/rfid/docs/manuals/whtPapers/wp-Privacy_RF_identity_docs.pdf

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5093197/site/newsweek

46zilzal
07-13-2007, 11:41 AM
already being considered for the Euro.
http://www.eetimes.com/story/OEG20011219S0016

Tom
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
If they wanna watch me shave, I 'm gonna wave at 'em! :eek::lol:

JustRalph
07-13-2007, 02:21 PM

and this is the guy who wants to tell me that I don't know what the hell I am talking about on the issues of the day.............

Sec, you having an off day? :lol: :bang:

46zilzal
07-13-2007, 02:26 PM
from the Real ID act:
After December 31, 2009, "a Federal agency may not accept, for any official purpose, a driver's license or identification card issued by a state to any person unless the state is meeting the requirements" specified in the Real ID Act. States remain free to also issue non-complying licenses and IDs, so long as these have a unique design and a clear statement that they cannot be accepted for any Federal identification purpose. The federal Transportation Security Administration is responsible for security check-in at airports, so bearers of non-compliant documents would no longer be able to travel on common carrier aircraft without additional screening.

In addition, the federal Social Security Administration, (42 U.S.C. § 666(28)), requires the States to maintain a new hire directory. Employers would no longer be able to accept, or ultimately hire, bearers of non-compliant documents for employment.

Also, financial institutions are required to assist the Federal Parent Locator Service, ((42 U.S.C. § 666(17)). Financial institutions would require compliant documents from all customers. Bearers of non-compliant documents would be denied financial or banking services.

Sounds very Orwellian to me.

Tom
07-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Sounds very good to me.
The driver's license, today, is a key to many illegals, and they are given out like candy by irresponsible lib states. Fool proof ID is required. Imagine that - demaanding people provide LEGITIMATE documents to do business here! That is a GOOD THING. If you are here illegally, you have no business working, banking, driving, breathing........:p

lsbets
07-13-2007, 03:16 PM
and this is the guy who wants to tell me that I don't know what the hell I am talking about on the issues of the day.............

Sec, you having an off day? :lol: :bang:

If you're referring to him not knowing what he talks about, that's not an off day, its everyday.

GaryG
07-13-2007, 04:57 PM
I applaud the use of cameras - since I do not do anything illegal in public,Neither do I and the illegal things that i might do in private are not nearly as illegal an they once were.

Gibbon
07-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Do Islamists even shave?

Personally I prefer an electric razor.
They are easier to steal.

Greyfox
07-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I applaud the use of cameras - since I do not do anything illegal in public, I have zero to fear.

I agree Tom. Public cameras, public places, except toilets. In London a necessity.
P.S. Tom, I don't do anything illegal in private. :lol:

The Judge
07-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Not someone from another country who wants to do harm here. A fingerprint is now required on many items of I.D, it stopped nothing. It will help keep track of someone that the government wants to keep tabs on, a US citizen that complains about the government too much for instance.

The average crook will get around these things the adverage citizen won't. A real live terrorist has money, countries, and companies that will sale them all the technology the can pay for, these are not average crooks.

The government uses the terrorist threat to make laws to "catch run of the meal crooks and to spy and collect data on everyday citizens". Laws we would never stand for without these outside threats.

It's only natural that the companies would jump in and make a buck some sort of way.

If they do have a method to catch terrorist how can they possibly tell the media about it.

Gillette is no more, its Procter and Gamble now.

JustRalph
07-13-2007, 11:12 PM
The government uses the terrorist threat to make laws to "catch run of the meal crooks and to spy and collect data on everyday citizens".

Malaprop alert!! Once again, find me a case of the NSA listening in on everyday citizens and then using it against them? You can't!

Laws we would never stand for without these outside threats.

You are joking right? How about these little intrusions

1. Drivers license and State Registration. Nothing but a fundraiser. An illegal Tax.

2. Fishing, Hunting and other assorted licenses.......see the last sentence above

3. Concealed Carry Laws and more intrusive stuff. Try getting a state job etc.

I just had to jump through a ton of shit to renew my Concealed Carry License. $150 dollars for the state mandated class, Pictures, Electronic Fingerprint Scanners, Interview with the local Sheriff's designate and fill out a bunch of forms. Oh yeah, I forgot, the $50 dollar fee too.............an illegal Tax!!!

Every state has its bullshit.........and most of it is illegal........or unconstitutional, and we stand for it!!

Greyfox
07-13-2007, 11:39 PM
I just had to jump through a ton of shit to renew my Concealed Carry License. $150 dollars for the state mandated class, Pictures, Electronic Fingerprint Scanners, Interview with the local Sheriff's designate and fill out a bunch of forms. Oh yeah, I forgot, the $50 dollar fee too.............an illegal Tax!!!

Every state has its bullshit.........and most of it is illegal........or unconstitutional, and we stand for it!!

What would you advise to us as to what would be a better policy?

Tom
07-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Hey Ralph, about the only thing you can get hassle free nowadays is a license to obtain radioactive materials for dirty bombs! Did you see that deal? 6 years after 9-11, and our government is more worthless than ever before.

JustRalph
07-14-2007, 03:49 PM
What would you advise to us as to what would be a better policy?

you ever heard of the Vermont law on Concealed Carry........?

Look it up............

JustRalph
07-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey Ralph, about the only thing you can get hassle free nowadays is a license to obtain radioactive materials for dirty bombs! Did you see that deal? 6 years after 9-11, and our government is more worthless than ever before.

I read about it Tom. Amazing........but what may be more telling is the fact that I just shook my head............in realization that our government is just that bad................. :bang: