PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded Youbet video looks very good

NoCal Boy
07-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Anyone else notice the improved video from the upgrade at Youbet? Very crisp on my cable internet from Comcast.

Don't know how this compares with the others, but it looks very good.

point given
07-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Anyone else notice the improved video from the upgrade at Youbet? Very crisp on my cable internet from Comcast.

Funny you mention it, i watched yesterday and i thought it was better , when was the upgrade done ?

NoCal Boy
07-13-2007, 08:47 AM
This week from what I understand.

GaryG
07-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Mine was definitely better....good bye TVG.

titans1127
07-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I only use younet.net since its free and I only like to watch the races and I havent noticed any upgrade at all to the video. I guess sicne its free they probably wont upgrade it although I am satisfyed with the quality as it is right now.

titans1127
07-13-2007, 03:29 PM
I only use younet.net since its free and I only like to watch the races and I havent noticed any upgrade at all to the video. I guess sicne its free they probably wont upgrade it although I am satisfyed with the quality as it is right now.
Thats supposed to say youbet.net

dutchboy
07-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I thought it was bad for dsl until I noticed the "Extras" at the top of the screen when I was bored and just clicking buttons on the website.

I clicked it, then clicked "set preferences". The default was set for dial up. I clicked the cable/dsl/lan button. The improvement was amazing. Bigger screen and as close to perfect as I assume could be expected. Have no idea how it could be better until they have technology for a clearer full screen view. Hope this helps you or someone else.

westny
07-14-2007, 12:06 AM

About time. Youbet is now about 3 codec's behind the technology.
I think YOUBET overscribes the bandwidth/and or muxes...Too little capacity for the demand.

I used Brisbet until the NY track embargo and was surprised just how inferior Youbet service is...video included. From May until this week, the Youbet video froze at least every few minutes right through the card. I have a top end PC, and NO other video did that.

Youbet charges for everything... replays, deposits, video. Brisbet was free for all if you placed one wager a day and their video service is like HD TV.

The Youbet platform is the same inferior product it was in 2000...unlike Brisbet where your wagers can be plotted by day, type, month, YTD, best% bet, profit, etc. Youbet just has a serial log...no summary..like a cell phone log.

Brisbet is so far superior to Youbet, I'm surprised anyone uses them.
Inferior product and charges for all. I'm a captive, since I wager 90% in NYRA
and what a surprise that Youbet is so...so crappy.

Dave Schwartz
07-14-2007, 12:32 AM
I find this an interesting thread. I have both TVG (satellite) and YouBet video. I find that both of them have improved significantly. I have just never seen TVG's video as crisp and clear as it is now. Same for YouBet.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2007, 02:54 AM
So, let me get this straight westny. You DON'T like YouBet, correct? :lol:

And BTW, I have HDTV, and in no way, shape, or form, does BrisBET video compare to HDTV. In fact, BrisBET video and YouBet video are now pretty much on par after the YouBet upgrade.

YouBet's wagering interface is far and above BrisBet's, as is YouBet's ability to allow you to CANCEL wagers. BrisBEt does not allow you to cancel wagers online.

Also, YouBET's information delivery is far superior to BrisBET's in terms of scratches, changes and results. Why, just the other day, BrisBET had a scratch listed on one of the contest races, when in fact, the horse was NOT scratched.

Each service has its pros and cons, but to declare one vastly superior to the other (especially now that YouBet has upgraded their video), would be doing a disservice to those seeking information.

westny
07-14-2007, 07:37 AM

And BTW, I have HDTV, and in no way, shape, or form, does BrisBET video compare to HDTV. In fact, BrisBET video and YouBet video are now pretty much on par after the YouBet upgrade.

YouBet's wagering interface is far and above BrisBet's, as is YouBet's ability to allow you to CANCEL wagers. BrisBEt does not allow you to cancel wagers online.

Also, YouBET's information delivery is far superior to BrisBET's in terms of scratches, changes and results. Why, just the other day, BrisBET had a scratch listed on one of the contest races, when in fact, the horse was NOT scratched.

Each service has its pros and cons, but to declare one vastly superior to the other (especially now that YouBet has upgraded their video), would be doing a disservice to those seeking information.

I HAVE accounts at both services. And for a company that charges for everything, YOUBET has inferior video...inferior to Brisnet for sure.
You may not be the best judge of that because you have TVG.
As for youbets information delivery information, scratches, etc., big deal. That is info available from scores of sources...free.

The wagering platform of Brisbet is superior. Unlike the cell-phone serial listing at YOUBET..no daily,weekly,monthly summary of wagers.

Deposits,replays,cancellations (beyond 5/week or your betting level) are all chargeable. YOUBET charges for everything.,..nickel and dimes you to death. Brisbet video, replays are free to wagering customers, and so are the Brisbet PP's.

Youbet NEVER starts the video for NY until 12:15. Brisbet always had video up for nyra replays at 11:40. (I get FXNY so I have an alternative)
Ever call customer service at YOUBET...obviously not or that routine 20 minute wait would bother you.

The ONLY plus for YOUBET is you can cancel limited amount of wagers a week(5 for me) and their general info is updated faster...and as a user of both services, Brisbet is far superior, IMO.

westny
07-14-2007, 07:46 AM

I had posted a comparison, but deleted it when I realized YOUBET is one of your advertisers.

I have both services and no ax to grind.

Dave Schwartz
07-14-2007, 10:09 AM
PA,

What is "HDTV" and do they have horse racing?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

TravisVOX
07-14-2007, 10:14 AM
One of YouBet's biggest assets is its wagering pad where you can wheel and deal with ease. Highly recommended.

lsosa54
07-14-2007, 10:19 AM
PA,

What is "HDTV" and do they have horse racing?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

I think he's referring to a "high definition" television transmission. There is nothing yet on the internet that I know of that would match a true high def video transmission, even one at 780p. I don't think any of the horse racing channels transmit in full high def, but I could be wrong.

Tom
07-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I checked it out last night and it was somewhat better - still nowhere near TV quality, but the package is better - decent video, NO AUDIO CLOWNS, easy wagering, lots of information - stats, replays - a click away, ability to keep an eye on multiple tracks, and betting reocrds maintianed - make YouBet the top of the heap. My BrisBet account is growing mildew it has been so long since I even bothered with it.

point given
07-14-2007, 11:49 AM
About time. Youbet is now about 3 codec's behind the technology.
I think YOUBET overscribes the bandwidth/and or muxes...Too little capacity for the demand.

I used Brisbet until the NY track embargo and was surprised just how inferior Youbet service is...video included. From May until this week, the Youbet video froze at least every few minutes right through the card. I have a top end PC, and NO other video did that.

Youbet charges for everything... replays, deposits, video. Brisbet was free for all if you placed one wager a day and their video service is like HD TV.

The Youbet platform is the same inferior product it was in 2000...unlike Brisbet where your wagers can be plotted by day, type, month, YTD, best% bet, profit, etc. Youbet just has a serial log...no summary..like a cell phone log.

Brisbet is so far superior to Youbet, I'm surprised anyone uses them.
Inferior product and charges for all. I'm a captive, since I wager 90% in NYRA
and what a surprise that Youbet is so...so crappy.

I concur with your assessment. I have both Youbet and Brisbet. Brisbet video has been superior by far. I welcome the better video, but have not bet on NYRA races or used the Youbet account in a while , because of the poor video which would either freeze,not load, or be poor quality. I also resent the charge for depositing money in my account with the instant funding I have set up.
The Brisbet video, I have had no problems with, and I like the historical account management function to see where my money goes, track, bet type, etc month to month and year to year. I also use the BRIS pp's and stopped using the DRF years ago, although I will be trying out the Formulator stuff this summer. Free PP's save me $$, and Brisbet doesnot charge me to deposit $$ in my account. I find the $$ fee reprehensible , as they rebate large sums to their IRG whales.
On a whole I have cut my play way back due to the ADW mess with being forced to use multiple accounts to bet the tracks and races I want to. Until this mess is settled I find myself watching more and betting much less, and not betting tracks I would ordinarily. It's time the said parties settled this thing . Hopefully, with the news that the parent of TVG is looking to sell, there might be some negotiations we may know nothing of. They are all throwing the baby out with the bath water ! :bang:

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I had posted a comparison, but deleted it when I realized YOUBET is one of your advertisers.

Why would you do something so silly? I would just as soon as get rid of all advertisements then have said advertisements influence what can or can't be said here, as long as what is being said is honest and rational.

Thus, I have undeleted your reply.

GMB@BP
07-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I HAVE accounts at both services. And for a company that charges for everything, YOUBET has inferior video...inferior to Brisnet for sure.
You may not be the best judge of that because you have TVG.
As for youbets information delivery information, scratches, etc., big deal. That is info available from scores of sources...free.

The wagering platform of Brisbet is superior. Unlike the cell-phone serial listing at YOUBET..no daily,weekly,monthly summary of wagers.

Deposits,replays,cancellations (beyond 5/week or your betting level) are all chargeable. YOUBET charges for everything.,..nickel and dimes you to death. Brisbet video, replays are free to wagering customers, and so are the Brisbet PP's.

Youbet NEVER starts the video for NY until 12:15. Brisbet always had video up for nyra replays at 11:40. (I get FXNY so I have an alternative)
Ever call customer service at YOUBET...obviously not or that routine 20 minute wait would bother you.

The ONLY plus for YOUBET is you can cancel limited amount of wagers a week(5 for me) and their general info is updated faster...and as a user of both services, Brisbet is far superior, IMO.

I wish I could take the best of both and morph them

Youbets screen presetation and their Shark wagering platform is far superior for making many pick 4 and 6 combo tickets. Unfortunately they charge for everything you do despite wagering alot of money with them.

Bris everything is free if you wager very little money, the video is better for sure. But their video on screen program with odds and payouts, etc is terrible, and no cancels on a messed up ticket.

Hajck Hillstrom
07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
I HAVE accounts at both services. And for a company that charges for everything, YOUBET has inferior video...inferior to Brisnet for sure. You may not be the best judge of that because you have TVG.

Interesting perspective. I have accounts with both Youbet and Brisbet, and utilize Brisbet solely in a backup mode. I haven't paid a dime for my use of any service at Youbet for years now, and in the same time frame utilized Brisnet's varied services. My service at Youbet is comped, my use of video is comped, and my use of Turfday Superstats is comped. I'm not familiar with what Brisbet offers in way of a Player Rewards Program, but it would be hard pressed to improve on Youbet's Advantage Rewards.

This video upgrade is impressive at Youbet. It is difficult to find a reason to switch from the what might be the best ADW site available. IMHO, I just don't see how Youbet's services can be dismissed in the current marketplace.

NoCal Boy
07-14-2007, 04:50 PM
AS with most service businesses, it is fashionable to compare and contrast and usually the one youuse most is the preferred one (or why not simply switch). I use Youbet and it works great. Unfortunately, the reward points are not offered to California residents since the yields here are so low, but the merchandise is pretty darn nice once you accumulate points. True players might simply prefer the cash and who can blame them, but many others are simply out to play the ponies and have a good time and a weekend getaway at a nice resort is not such a bad comp.

I thinkit is even money that brisbet has a solid system, TVG has a solid system and Youbet has a solid system. Do not really know about XpressBet or twinspires.

Youbet must be doing something right with $500MM plus pouring through their system annually.

As to rebates, given the yield to ADW providers is something like 4.5%, I am not sure the economics are there right now. Interesting thing will be the host fees that are likely to start rising in California. Right now Youbet makes virtually nothing on a California resident wagering on a TVG exclusive track, but if the host fee goes to 7%, that might all change since they only would need to give TVG another 1.5% out of the 4.5% they receive.

ADW law is set to be reauthorized in California. Interesting to see how it plays out.

As to antitrust issues, the possibility of treble damages and attorney fees should eventually lead TracKnet back to the fold and help Youbet and PTC, among others.

bigmack
07-14-2007, 04:58 PM
The whole deal borders on the absurd:

According to the author, this bill is a work in progress.
The current statute the authorizes ADW in
California "sunsets" on January 1, 2008. Currently, the
California horse racing industry is reviewing the current state
of ADW operations to determine specific changes to the system,
which would fully maximize its exposure and revenue.

ADW was authorized at a time when California racetracks were
beginning to experience declining attendance and handle figures.
The industry believed that making the product easier to access
not only would expose and market horse racing to potential
customers, but also would make it more convenient for the
existing patrons to wager more often. One of the ongoing
questions about ADW is whether it generates new handle or
cannibalizes the money that would usually go to existing
wagering venues. No conclusive assessment has been reached by
the industry relating to cannibalization.

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_0801-0850/ab_813_cfa_20070523_170056_asm_floor.html

point given
07-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Nocal boy wrote:

"Youbet must be doing something right with $500MM plus pouring through their system annually "

If i recall correctly, Youbet owns IRG or whatever its called, which is a whale only part of their business; accounts for a very significant part of their handle,200-300 guys/gals accounting for maybe $350 mm of the $500mm . So they are taking money from the small guys in the form of fees to make electronic deposits, charges for replays etc . to give the whales their rebates. Then they have the balls to market to the small guys and say play like the big boys ? One thing you learn in life is, "you can't be all things to all people". Youbet is marketing themselves as such, when in fact they only cater to their upscale clients. But if you like collecting points to get prizes, that went out 30 years ago when they stopped giving out green stamps to paste in your book. Collect 5 books of green stamps and get a beach chair, then you are being played.

trigger
07-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Also, it seems Youbet is not adverse to stretching the truth, its latest online latest advertisements tout it is "US based" when its IRG betting office is located offshore in the Curacao.

NoCal Boy
07-15-2007, 01:39 PM
The ad is for Youbet.com which is 100% US based. IRG is US licensed through Oregon, but the ad is not for IRG in any event.

trigger
07-15-2007, 02:18 PM
The ad is for Youbet.com which is 100% US based. IRG is US licensed through Oregon, but the ad is not for IRG in any event.

Exactly.....real tricky!!!!!

NoCal Boy
07-15-2007, 02:22 PM
PTC can like confirm. You do not advertise for the type of players at IRG. It is word of mouth, etc.

BTW, nice day for racing.

bigmack
07-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Youbet's 2006 Annual Report
http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/EFX_dll/EDGARpro.dll?FetchFilingHTML1?SessionID=JTFgC7y2l3 vMTMt&ID=5039723

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_15_07_11_42_37.jpg

trigger
07-15-2007, 02:47 PM
PTC can like confirm. You do not advertise for the type of players at IRG. It is word of mouth, etc.

BTW, nice day for racing.

That's not the point.....IRG is owned and operated by Youbet.com and it is not "US based"!!!

westny
07-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Anyone who uses YOUBET beware.

I called in via mobil service today, and at 4:15 pm I got locked out of my account after 3 tries. Youbet decided I didn't use the correct mobil account number- 4 digits. I entered the full 7 digit number and 4 digit pin twice and was FROZEN OUT OF MY account. Said I used wrong numbers. Whatever. 15 minutes on phone to YOUBET customer service from OTB. ONLY way to "unlock account is to have BADBET cust svc do it. Cell dropped call, I thought.

Was so mad went home called YOUBET from land line. Called at 5:41. WAITED 24 minutes until 6:04pm listening to bs messages. Got disconnected...YOUBET line went dead. Called AGAIN at 6:07 pm. Same bs. Waited 21 minutes..listening to bs messages. Got disconnected AGAIN.
There is NO problem with my telephone. Online account is locked too.

Got home tonight and called BADBET at 1200 midnight when I finally got through. Took girl 10 seconds to unlock account.

Anyone who believes I'm exaggerating, email me and I will send you copies of my telephone bills with those calls.

It is one thing to get locked out...but BADBET's "customer service" is a misnomer. A 20 min wait is good. I've called on Sunday at 12:00 noon and the same bs 20 minutes to get to the ONE customer service this company has.

Try calling Brisbet. No wait..ever.

I bet NY, so NOW I'm stuck using BADBET to wager now...what a horrible company.

Moral of story...be very careful using touchtone service with BADBET...or you are marooned.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2007, 12:53 AM
I've gotten myself locked out of BrisBet as well at times. It's a security feature a lot of online companies use.

One quick call to BrisBET got the account back in action.

The stars may have been aligned against you today westny, or it may indeed be a sign of some systemic failures at YouBet that they may want to address after reading your post.

JustRalph
07-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Westy............what makes you think that Youbet should have a better call center than anybody else on probably one of their busiest days? Call centers/Support centers are no longer a priority........in any business.

The call centers in this country went away years ago.........at least the good ones did.

I will say the call center at Winticket.com is pretty good.........but I have only used it a few times for smallish issues.....but I never had to wait.

Tom
07-22-2007, 12:28 PM
I certainly think they could come with a better name than "BADBET!" :rolleyes::lol:

I was going to use that for my selection webpage, but guess I'm too late!

Our Boy Chuck
07-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Been a Youbet holder for a few years now. I always thought they had a good site and the upgraded video makes it better. When I don't have to have multiple accounts to get a bet down it will really be :ThmbUp:

BIG RED
07-22-2007, 02:38 PM
To stay with the youbet video, I noticed it is better.
Seems to capture the colors much better also. I usually hit size and watch at 2X video, normally I don't go full screen (have DSL)

TOM, you have a webpage?
Put- errr - up

NoCal Boy
07-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Youbet now supports Firefox.

Tom
07-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Red - no, just being smart-assed.
I would call it badbets.com!

NoCal.....great news!!!!

NoCal Boy
07-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Can someone explain why it is such good news that Youbet now supports Firefox. I am a novice at these things.

Tom
07-26-2007, 10:38 PM
IE is a dangerous browser to use - it is full of security holes. FF is much safer to use. There is no real reason to use IE other than some backward thinking webiste forces you to do so.

It is like driving in a car wtih no windshield, no seat belts, no doors, and a leaky gas tank. On the expressway, at 90 mph. At night. With no headlights.
And bald tires, in the rain. Drunk out of your mind. And having siezures. With no brakes.......only not as secure! :bang::bang::bang:

NoCal Boy
07-26-2007, 10:50 PM
got it!!!!! thanks