PDA

View Full Version : Live odds feed

Tape Reader
07-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi Guys and Gals. I am new to this site. This is my first post.

I was introduced to PA by Steven Crist at a book signing at Saratoga. I always thought that I was “reinventing the wheel” but I never knew that other people like me existed. I am in awe of your intelligence and giving spirit. Thank you all!

My question is: where can I get live odds? I have been a tote board reader, as a hobby, for over forty years. Last year I decided to computerize my scratchings. I hired a programmer, non horseplayer, to scrape the odds off NYRA. I was not trying to cheat someone of royalties, but that is the only place I know to get live odds. To date, I have spent a lot on programming, but keep getting stymied on a consistent live odds feed. I would greatly appreciate any input. Again, thank you all (PA) for a great site.

valueguy
07-12-2007, 08:32 PM
I use TSN,s Supertote at Handicappers Edge

http://www.tsnhorse.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=theedge

Welcome to the board.:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi Guys and Gals. I am new to this site. This is my first post.

Huh? Your first post was in February. This is your 11th post. What's up with that?

Tape Reader
07-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I thought "first post" meant "original" first post. Sorry about that.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I thought "first post" meant "original" first post. Sorry about that.

Now I'm really confused. Been happening a lot lately.

wonatthewire1
07-12-2007, 09:17 PM
if you don't want to give personal info to TSN; DRF's live board works well too...

www.drf.com; go to tools > live odds

haven't had a problem yet when keeping track of tracks!

Spendabuck85
07-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Believe Tape Reader meant first thread started

betovernetcapper
07-13-2007, 09:07 AM
For what your trying to do, the Pha Park-racing channel feeds might work best. I use them for ATR, without a problem.

Tape Reader
07-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Thank you valueguy,wonatthewire1 and betovernetcapper. And thank you spendabuck 85 for clarifying that I meant first thread.

andicap
07-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Thank you valueguy,wonatthewire1 and betovernetcapper. And thank you spendabuck 85 for clarifying that I meant first thread.

I was more impressed that Steve Crist had talked up PA to this guy.

PA, you really are on the radar these days! I'd really love to know just WHO reads this board -- and do they take notice of our comments.

rrbauer
07-13-2007, 03:06 PM

PA, you really are on the radar these days! I'd really love to know just WHO reads this board -- and do they take notice of our comments.

Sure. When it reinforces their opinions and aligns with their agenda.

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2007, 10:04 PM

I don't know how much I buy that...but hey, you can dream, can't you? :lol: