PDA

View Full Version : Judicial Sanity Prevails

boxcar
07-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Thankfully, that airhead peanunt farmer's appointee's decision was overturned.

http://democraticedge.wordpress.com/2007/07/06/federal-appeals-court-overturns-wiretap-ruling/

JustRalph
07-09-2007, 01:17 PM
"A federal appeals court panel today vacated an order by a federal judge in Detroit that ruled that the Bush Administration’s wiretapping program was unconstitutional — a move that concerned local civil rights advocates and Muslim leaders."

I wonder why they are so concerned? Amazing..........

Lefty
07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Don't worry, if Dems get in, no more wiretapping. Then we can watch the fireworks while hoping we don't become one of the victims.

betchatoo
07-10-2007, 12:10 PM
I find it amazing that right wing patriots are in favor of ignoring the constitution.

Lefty
07-10-2007, 12:25 PM
The Constitution does not apply to people trying to kill us. They are Not monitering individual conversations but "Chatter" looking for repetitions. Such as "Brooklyn Bridge."

46zilzal
07-10-2007, 02:48 PM
I find it amazing that right wing patriots are in favor of ignoring the constitution.
The end justifies the means...Nothing new. Machiavellian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niccol%C3%B2_Machiavelli

JustRalph
07-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I challenge you to find one case of a citizen who had a full on call monitored?

Only when a computer program points at a suspicious call does anybody even listen to anything.

This program is responsible for stopping some attacks. Does that not matter?

It works..........it must be bad?

Btw, just so you know. Your local police can monitor your phone too. They get a warrant to do it...........so it is not exactly new.........

also, when the Dems did it to Newt........nobody bitched at all........?
Duplicity!!!!!

GaryG
07-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I don't think we need a link to know who Machiavelli was. Had some pretty sound ideas. The model for the American Mafia I believe.

Tom
07-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't think we need a link to know who Machiavelli was. Had some pretty sound ideas. The model for the American Mafia I believe.

No, that was MAFIAvelli. :rolleyes:

Bet - I support the use of in specific situatiuons. It cannot be used as evidence in court, nor does it need to. If it is used on suspicious calls to/from identified foreign countries, and and can give us the clues to stop an attack, I fully encourage it.

Look at like this - in times of emergency, police has the power to detain people, to enter homes without a warrant, to stop cars for reasonable suspiscions.....not stuff we want them doing willy nilly eveyday, but there are times when we need to be inconvenienced.
Again,. you cannot be tried on anything garnered from this type of wire tap.
And they cannot use it to listen in on just any converation, so it is not like the contitution has been suspened. And from what I have read, they use sophisticated electronic stuff to Id or red flag certain calls, based on key words, locations, numbers, patterns, etc.

Like with waterboarding, it works. Waterboarding stopped a real attack on LA and the guy waterboarded was noit harmed. Although considering he was the guy behind 9-11, I think they could have used a more painful and dangerous method of torture.