PDA

View Full Version : Funding Betting Accounts

trying2win
07-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for discussion on funding betting accounts. At one time as a Canadian resident, I could fund some betting accounts at offshore racebooks through NETELLER. Not now...NETELLER won't send funds to gaming sites for me anymore. So...that leads me to a few questions....

--I've read some gaming sites accept payments through a company called SOLID PAY. Has anyone used this company before? If so, what is your experience with them? I'm assuming SOLID PAY charges a fee like NETELLER did. What would the fee percentage be?

--Perhaps there are online funding options for Canadian residents, other than credit card and expensive wire deposits that I don't know about. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

T2W

Premier Turf Club
07-07-2007, 02:37 PM
If you can find another good funding source please let me know as we'd love to bring them on. It's really hard to find services to fund gaming accounts.

Ian

Rico8812
07-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm guessing by the start of the NFL season there will be at least 1 new company doing what neteller used to. At least I hope there is.

gIracing
07-07-2007, 04:29 PM
i'm too lazy to use a service that requires me to use anything but my credit card

DeanT
07-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Moneybookers will fund gaming accounts for non Americans.

Ian, since you are a parimutuel licensed betting establishment I am wondering why Neteller is not able to be used by you?

bigmack
07-07-2007, 06:34 PM
US, Canada & Brits:
http://www.navpay.com/products/ewallet/

Premier Turf Club
07-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Moneybookers will fund gaming accounts for non Americans.

Ian, since you are a parimutuel licensed betting establishment I am wondering why Neteller is not able to be used by you?

Dean,

I never looked in to it. I dont think they do anything U.S. anymore. There website doesn't look too promising for U.S residents but we'll try.

Press Release

NETELLER Announces Agreed Plan to Return US Customers’ Funds

Monday, 4 June 2007 – The NETELLER Plc Group (LSE: NLR), the independent global online payments business, today announced that it has agreed to a plan for the distribution of funds to its US customers.

NETELLER is continuing to cooperate with the investigation being conducted by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York (“USAO”), under the advice of its legal advisers and in accordance with court orders in the Isle of Man. The Company is in discussions with the USAO for the purpose of resolving the investigation. The Company has advised the USAO that it will use its best efforts to resolve the investigation no later than 13 July 2007.

DeanT
07-07-2007, 06:42 PM
My bad Ian. I forgot they were in trouble.

It is a shame your service was put in place now and not a few years ago. You seem to be really up against it no matter where you turn. You'd think gambling on a horse race is akin to robbing a bank or something, the way players and providers are treated in 2007.

spilparc
07-07-2007, 06:47 PM
If you can find another good funding source please let me know as we'd love to bring them on. It's really hard to find services to fund gaming accounts.

Ian

Dosen't PMT reimburse you for a bank wire transfer?

I know a lot of poker players are using E-Passporte now, but I hear there are fees involved, customer service is poor, there are time delays, and other headaches involved. But it appears to work if you can figure it out and want to go that route. I never bothered with it, because I hate the hassle. Neteller was great when it was legal. Fast and efficient.

I would think a wire transfer would be the easiest, especially if you can get the fees refunded. Many places do just that. I know WSEX used to do that, and I'm sure otheres do as well. Some require a minimum amount wagered to get the refund.

The last time I went that route I think it cost about $20 to do a wire transfer.

thelyingthief
07-07-2007, 10:45 PM
nucharge, ewalletxpress.

Premier Turf Club
07-07-2007, 10:56 PM
nucharge, ewalletxpress.

I will do this on Monday. Thank you for the heads up.

Ian

ddog
07-08-2007, 12:58 AM
T2W,

Tried SolidPay, signed up a month ago.
They were to contact to verify info.
Never heard back from them.

Ended up using Western Union.

trying2win
07-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all the responses so far.

T2W

BIG49010
07-09-2007, 12:03 AM
In Canada I think Moneybookers is the best and only one left, most of the others have pulled out, because many U.S. players were making a quick trip to Canada to set things up. If you send any payments with gambling winnings to the U.S., they will shut you down rather quickly for fear of Feds watching very closely.