PDA

View Full Version : Power Numbers by Steve Wolson

John
07-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Last week I noticed an ad in DRF news paper from Steve Wolson, He is offering a new method Called "Power Numbers." $40.00 His workout 33% wins, +21% ROI!! Well, I got it and I've just tested Steve Wolson's Power Numbers. It is a pencil and paper method that can be used to handicap most races at a variety of thoroughbred racetracks. One definite plus is the use of your choice of speed numbers. The process is easily learned and a nine race card can be completed in just a few minutes. My short test produced a profit and winners were found in nearly every race category included in the rules. You can even use the Bris Custom Generator to simplify your task IMHO this method is a keeper.

Any members have this and what results did you get...I would be interested im knowing or if you need more info.

Steve Wolson
PO Box 188
Bethpage, NY 11714-0188

:) :) :)

Rico8812
07-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Never read it, but Steve Wolfson is one of the country's best handicappers. He usually places in at least 1 handicapping contest every year. Has won a few as well.

Greyfox
07-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Forgive me for saying it, but this looks like a "plug ad on the cheap."

GaryG
07-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Forgive me for saying it, but this looks like a "plug ad on the cheap."No it is not......not from John.

headhawg
07-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Forgive me for saying it, but this looks like a "plug ad on the cheap."John's got 1400+ posts. I doubt it.

melman
07-07-2007, 10:39 AM
It's not like Steve W is an "unknown" to long time PA members. He posted a workout of plays a while back that showed a nice profit.

Pace Cap'n
07-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Forgive me for saying it, but this looks like a "plug ad on the cheap."

Why so quick to criticize? Are you the new board cop?

You might want to search for Mr. Wolson's 500 race workout here on PA. Five hundred races, playing every race on each card, produced a positve ROI. Few if any can match that record.

Greyfox
07-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Okay, it's on the legit. But the provision of Steve Wolson's address means that we don't even have to buy the DRF to find the ad. To me that's what makes the post a cheap plug ad.

Pace Cap'n
07-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Never read it, but Steve Wolfson is one of the country's best handicappers. He usually places in at least 1 handicapping contest every year. Has won a few as well.

Steve Wolson and Steve Wolfson are two different people. Both, however, are outstanding handicappers.

Pace Cap'n
07-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Okay, it's on the legit. But the provision of Steve Wolson's address means that we don't even have to buy the DRF to find the ad. To me that's what makes the post a cheap plug ad.

Who cares what you think? Mr. Wolson is a member of this forum. Not like he's hard to find.

Tom
07-07-2007, 10:45 AM
John is one of us. A regular player, he put the address here, no doubt, as a service to anyone here interested. I'd buy a used car from John. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

melman
07-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I have posted many times about Steve Fierro's book and received some PM's asking "what do you work for the guy". :) I guess there is a line between sharing what one thinks is helpful information from someone and a "cheap plug ad". BTW I also would buy a used car from John. :) but not from "Finger Lakes Tom". :jump:

John
07-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks Guys,for the kind words.

I put Steve Wolson Address there because if you write hiim. He did a 1000 race workout. I am finding out if I am selective about the races I play the ROI goes up. Although Steve Wolson meant this to play almost all races. I am omiting Maidens and races off the turf.ect.

By the way I also have Wolson's software and other paper methods of his work. Wolson does his homework before he markets it.

When I got my copy in included 2 workouts. One back in Dec and a recent workout.

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2007, 01:39 PM
John's a good guy from the great state of Massachusetts. If he's recommending something from NY, you better believe it's legit! :lol:
If anyone wants to meet one of the nicer guys on PA, show up to Saratoga and chat with John for a while during the PA getaway Aug 11-19

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37425

Light
07-07-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm aware of John and Steve as reasonable people and longtime board members. Still have to wonder why someone would sell a system that makes 20% ROI for only $40 and have your ROI suffer in the process. Perhaps it produced 20% in the first 1000 races but not so good the next 1000?

Greyfox
07-07-2007, 03:21 PM
It's not like Steve W is an "unknown" to long time PA members. He posted a workout of plays a while back that showed a nice profit.

I don't know that this is the same man and perhaps he's discovered a new method since then.
A poster with the Avotar of Wolsons last posted a workout of plays on or around
11-30-2006.
He reported:

"Cumulative 130 plays, 40 wins (31%), bet $260, ret $250.80, -$9.20 (-4%)"

Those were selected picks for various tracks. They weren't all races all surfaces etc. At that the profit was -4 %. I don't see that as a "nice profit."

Light
07-07-2007, 03:33 PM
GF

That was after his 500 posts made a profit. If this last test you posted was the same system,its probably why its now for sale.

John
07-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Thank you Mr.Moderator... But,I am from "RED SOX NATION" You know,that little Boston baseball team that is leading the Yankees by 12 games. :jump: :jump: :jump:

Looking forward to seeing you again at Saratoga.Be sure and bring your lovely wife.

melman
07-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Why do they sell the "sheets" and thorograph and others? I get the feeling that if someone posted a 10,000 race workout that showed a profit the comment would still be "maybe the next 1,000 were not profitable".

timtam
07-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I picked up the Power Numbers from Steve and clarified by way of PM

to make sure I was getting his NEW method because on the website the

new one wasn't listed. It is very easy to use and you can do the race very

quickly. I don't have enough data but did a few sessions and I noticed

the day I played lots of his selections came in 2nd and 3rd but there were

enough win sprinkled in to keep you going. I don't know if you can specialize

certain races/catagories to make it more profitable but for a hoss in every

race it looks like it will get you on a live one. Steve was also very nice

to deal with but we already knew that :)

John
07-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Timtam

thanks for the post. I would like to ask your opinion,please. Do you use the Quirin Rule the way the method sugests. Any input ia appreciated.

My Best

timtam
07-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Yes I do use the Quirin rule, however, only when I use the BRIS pp

because they are right in front of you. When I go to the OTB and use the

Daily Racing Program I usually scan for early speed and let it at that.

Maxspa
07-08-2007, 09:27 PM
All,
John has been a paper and pencil handicapper for many years! He has purchased and practiced with many different methods since I've known him! He also has several software programs but I believe if he had his choice it would be a paper and pencil approach. One thing you can sure of, he will wager real money on the P+P selections.
One characteristic that John has had since I've known him and that he will share his honest opinions with anyone who will listen. IMHO, that is the fundamental objective of any successful forum!
Maxspa

GaryG
07-08-2007, 09:37 PM
John, I would appreciate it if you could keep us posted on your feelings as you continue to test the method. I use software for pace figs but use them as just another brick in the wall.

Greyfox
07-08-2007, 11:02 PM
John, I would appreciate it if you could keep us posted on your feelings as you continue to test the method. I use software for pace figs but use them as just another brick in the wall.

Yes. I'd appreciate it too if you could continue to keep us posted on the method.
A number of posters on this site absolutely stand by you, one even willing to buy a used car.
You have earned a solid reputation here and I admire anyone who can do that. It has taken you years to earn the commendations and trust that people have cited here. Well done.

But, there is still an elephant in the room, that you haven't commented on.
1. Will anyone point out the supposed 500 bet series that Wolson has supposedly posted here that has a profit? I asked PA that last evening with no response.
2. Has Wolson modified his approach since he posted?:
11-30-2006.
He or someone with an ID of Wolsons reported:

"Cumulative 130 plays, 40 wins (31%), bet $260, ret $250.80, -$9.20 (-4%)"

(Those were selected picks for various tracks. They weren't all races all surfaces etc. At that the profit was -4 %. I don't see that as a "nice profit.")

I raise all of this because, I just do not believe that one size, like pantyhose fits all. 21 % at any track at any distance on any surface for $ 40 purchase.

For all those posts John and the integrity that you earned on this board, please keep us updated.

I will personally purchase the Wolson package tomorrow, if you will
tell me that my computer evaluation of it will get better than :
- 4 % R.O.I. - every race, every track, every surface, every distance!

Thank You ,
Grey Fox

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2007, 11:51 PM
This board does have a search function....took me two seconds to find it for you....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11967

Greyfox
07-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Thank You PA,

The Challenge is still on to John.
GF

chickenhead
07-09-2007, 01:17 AM
GF

That was after his 500 posts made a profit. If this last test you posted was the same system,its probably why its now for sale.

Do you still think a 10% pre rebate ROI on 30% winners all races all tracks is nothing to write home about?

I'm just curious 3 years on if your position has changed.

punchsaw
07-09-2007, 01:30 AM
Do you still think a 10% pre rebate ROI on 30% winners all races all tracks is nothing to write home about?

I'm just curious 3 years on if your position has changed.

Do you really think this man is achieving these figures, or is this just pure fiction? Just curious here.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Hey punchsaw, your last post was two years ago. This thread finally brought you back out, eh? Coincidentally, right after I kick befuddlem....and interestingly enough, you also share an IP address with befuddlem.

I swear, sometimes I think there is just me and one other human being posting on this board, but that person lives in Canada and has 3000 nicknames registered all to himself....

PeoplePlayer, is that you f'n with me up there?

punchsaw
07-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Hey punchsaw, your last post was two years ago. This thread finally brought you back out, eh? Coincidentally, right after I kick befuddlem....and interestingly enough, you also share an IP address with befuddlem.

I swear, sometimes I think there is just me and one other human being posting on this board, but that person lives in Canada and has 3000 nicknames registered all to himself....

PeoplePlayer, is that you f'n with me up there?

I live in a city of over a million people, and a country that has about 30 million.
I'm sorry I don't know the party you are talking about, but I can look him up for you. :D

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Yeah, I know, it's all one giant coincidence. I get it. You're just an innocent lurker who chose this thread to break your near two year silence....:lol:

punchsaw
07-09-2007, 02:44 AM
Is this an inside joke? Did I miss something here? :confused:

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2007, 02:48 AM
Is this an inside joke? Did I miss something here? :confused:

No and no.