PDA

View Full Version : Three Quick Pet Peeves

toetoe
07-06-2007, 07:58 PM
1) People at McDonald's -the supercrowded one at LV's Excalibur - camping out at tables before ordering food. Sure, if we ALL did it, it would make no difference, but it stinks. Let's blame this on out-of-towners. Bad form, gents. :ThmbDown:

2) Announcing a $2 superfecta payout of $900,000 for $2 when the net pool is $90,000. Two dime tickets, that's all. Hell, if I had it seven times I'd be a sextillionaire. :jump: :bang:

3) People obsessed with their peeves ... oops, never mind.

4) People that can't count.

Greyfox
07-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Maybe today's Churchill Race 5????:lol:

GaryG
07-06-2007, 08:28 PM
The doctor recommends a massage and a lap dance...

toetoe
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
To the both of you: "YEEEEEEESSSS !!"

DanG
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
The mother of 3 who is playing 2 slot machines simultaneously at Smith’s in Vegas with the grocery money. :eek:

Steve 'StatMan'
07-06-2007, 09:22 PM
1) People at McDonald's -the supercrowded one at LV's Excalibur - camping out at tables before ordering food. Sure, if we ALL did it, it would make no difference, but it stinks. Let's blame this on out-of-towners. Bad form, gents. :ThmbDown:

That's the only McDonald's I've ever eaten at where my drink was Diet Pepsi instead of a Coke product. The drinks are self-fill at a station, and I suspect Pepsi has the soda-pop contract with the hotel. I was happy, I prefer Pepsi over Coke given a choice, but will drink which ever one is on sale at the store.

Good4Now
07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
You wouldn't be pointing a finger at those who come over the Stateline from the West would you???

toetoe
07-06-2007, 10:01 PM
As soon as I myself arrived from that same direction, my fingers started a'pointin. :D

Overlay
07-07-2007, 07:56 AM
4) People that can't count.

There are three kinds of people in this world: those who are good at math, and those who aren't.

DJofSD
07-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Cell phones -- any time, any where. And driving while talking is at the tope of the list.

boomman
07-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Cell phones -- any time, any where. And driving while talking is at the tope of the list.

DJ: Certainly cell phones can be annoying anytime anywhere, (and I must admit I've been guilty of using them in crowded places a few times myself) but the thing that is absolutely unbelievable is people answering cell phones in a Movie theater!!!!!!!! I have witnessed this on MANY occasions, and in fact had to tell a guy recently to turn his off on 3 different occasions!:mad:

Pet Peeve #2 Since I fly a lot, here's one that really drives me nuts, and in fact I have written one of the airlines about it...You are trying to get on a plane, and one or more of the flight attendants are blocking the aisle for no reason whatsoever! Get back in the galley or whatever but get the hell out of the way! Not to mention the connecting pet peeve to that is when your plane actually arrives early (which I realize doesn't happen very often) and the idiot ramp guy is asleep at the wheel or having donuts, so you have to wait 15 minutes for him to show up!!!!:bang:

THERE I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW!!!

:D Boomer

GaryG
07-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Speaking of flying - How about the "carry on" that won't fit in the bins and should have been checked? They should be told to check it, period. But usually the attendants do their best and finally get it wedged in somewhere. While they are doing this they are blocking the aisles too. Grrr!!! Ah, that's better.

46zilzal
07-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Cell phones -- any time, any where. And driving while talking is at the top of the list.
Near the end of her career, Katharine Hepburn was in a play and in a wheelchair when a cell phone went off during a performance. She rolled over to the edge of the stage and quite calmly said "Turn that thing off or Katharine Hepburn, NOT the character in this play, is leaving and will not return."

The quilty patron left the theater I am told.

Tom
07-07-2007, 10:53 AM
I used to pull out my cellphone, pretend to be making a call, and talk loudly about the guy who bothered with his call to begind with....stuff like how this guy next to me smells like a turd, howthis guy is stupid looking, how his wife must be blind to marry that ugly so and so........:lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
07-07-2007, 11:43 AM
My mom remarried a couple years ago - great man, named Jack, were high school classmates back in the early 50's. At their wedding, my brother and I had just finished 'giving her away', they're standing before the priest to begin the rites, when Jack's cell phone started ringing. The priest (Jack's brother) says "You'd better answer that Jack...it might be important." :lol: The couple hundred of us had a great laugh. We all found out that one of Jack's friends was running late and wouldn't be able to make the wedding ("What time is the reception? When is the service?") His sons had kept reminding him to turn it off beforehand, (yeah, yeah, it's off, it'll be off). Too funny - thankfully they both, and we all pretty much have sense of humor. :D

Dan Montilion
07-07-2007, 01:49 PM
The same person that will force you to listen to every detail of their sorry ass lives on a cell phone, will become horrified about government wire taps.